Chapter Sixteen

Super Junior Gangs

Jongwoon doesn’t know exactly what happened. One minute he was at his favorite café getting his favorite coffee when the door to the place was thrown open with such a force that he was surprised it didn’t come of the hinges. Everyone stared in shock as Ryeowook comes walking, well more like running, into the café. The boy did a quick glance over before spotting Jongwoon at the counter and went straight towards him. Before the detective could say anything, or even grab his precious coffee, the boy had grabbed him by the wrist and, with a strength that seemed impossible for a boy his size, pulled him away from the counter and out of the café. Jongwoon could only look longing at his abandoned cup before he disappeared from everyone's sight.

There was a moment of silence of this event before Taemin turned to Onew in surprise.

"So what do I do with the coffee then?"

Onew looked at his youngest member and shrugged his shoulders.

"Dump it, don’t think he's coming back any time soon." He said as he walked into the back area shaking his head. Onew knew this was neutral territory, but what just happened was beyond him.

Outside Ryeowook dragged the bewildered Jongwoon far away from the café and into a local park. When they were deep in the park he halted. Panting harshly, the M member bent over his knees and tried to get his breath. It was obvious he was not use to running so hard. Next to him Jongwoon observed him quietly. When Ryeowook finally got enough oxygen in his lungs to calm his racing heart he straightened up and stared Jongwoon in the eye.

"Did you send Kibum to threaten Siwon the other day?" He asked seriously.

"What?" Jongwoon was lost. "What are you talking about?"

"Siwon came back to the base saying your partner threatened him at the café over the MBLAQ gang members being killed at the Han River. Donghae wants to deliver a message to you two for it. Did you send Kibum or not."

Jongwoon had to think about what the young man was talking about. He did remember his partner being edgy about something earlier today and darting off when Jongwoon was reading some files. When he had come back he was even more skittish than before and jump at the littlest thing. The detective quickly was able to piece all the missing parts together and promptly swore.

"ing Kibum, he's going to get himself killed." He muttered under his breath before sighing. Running a hand through his hair he looked back at the younger man. He stared at him curiously.

"Why are you giving me the heads up of what your leader is planning on doing?"

"Don’t change the subject." Ryeowook spat. "I don’t have time to play 20 questions with you."

"No I never told Kibum to go after Siwon. I actually have no idea why he did. He screwed up majorly I bet."

Ryeowook released the tension from his body. He was glad that the detective was not involved with this mess.

"What will Donghae do to him?"

"It hasn’t been decided yet. But he wants to do something I can assure you." Ryeowook explained.

". What if Kibum apologized to your leader for his actions?" Jongwoon asks the other seriously. "Do you think he will not kill him?"

"I don't think Donghae wants to kill your partner. He more wants to put the newcomer in his place. But I can convince him to at least hear you two out before he decides."

"Really? You would do that for me?" Jongwoon asked him surprise. He then seemed to remember an earlier question. "Why did you come looking for me?"

"Because I had to find out if you sent Kibum to Siwon or not." Ryeowook repeated.

"Were you worried about me?" The detective teased lightly.

"No…" Ryeowook turned away and turned a light shade of pink.

Jongwoon grinned at this. He put his hands in his pockets and turned to look at the park. It was a simple one, but nicely kept so it was a pretty view. There was a moment of silence between the two before Jongwoon spoke again.

"You know, I've been thinking about you a lot lately." He began casually.

"Really?" The other looked over at him with a hopeful look.

"Yeah. It's funny really, you seem to be all over my mind. I will do something simple and I suddenly can relate it to that conversation we had. It seems so long ago."

"About a month."

"Yeah, and I think we should learn more about each other."

"What?"

Jongwoon looked Ryeowook in the face and smiled.

"I want to learn more about you, Ryeowook. I want to learn about your goals and dreams, and what you like and dislike. I want to learn everything about you."
"Jongwoon.…"

"Do you want to learn about me as well?" He asked as he held out his hand.

There was a silence between the two of them after Jongwoon's question. A breeze went through the air and caused the trees by them to rustle softly. That was the only sound between them. The look in Jongwoon's eyes, it took Ryeowook's breath away. He took a moment to get his heart beat regulated again before he slowly nodded.

"Neh," He whispered in the silence. "I want to learn more about Jongwoon as well."

He reached his hand out and placed it in Jongwoon's. Jongwoon smiled softly and closed his hand around the smaller petite hand. The two stared at each other with small smiles on their faces.

"This is going to be dangerous." Jongwoon admitted to him. "I don’t want anything bad to happen to you while you are talking to me."

"Donghae will probably kill me when he finds out." Ryeowook admitted as well. "Despite being one of his trusted members I think this will ruin that. But I am willing to take a risk for you. But we probably need a new name for you…"
"Call me Yesung then." Jongwoon said. "When I was in school I was in choir and my teacher nicknamed me that. He said I had an art like voice. Wish I had gone into a solo singing career."

"Yesung. It suites you well I think." Ryeowook agreed. "What will you call me?"

"Jasmine."

"What! That's a girl's name! Why the hell are you calling me that?" Ryeowook snapped angrily. He tried to take his hand back but Jongwoon held tight.

"When I was younger Aladdin was my favorite movie. And so I use to think of myself as Aladdin so you being Jasmine, my princess, fits."

"I am not your princess Jongwoon." Ryeowook growled.

"Not yet anyways." Jongwoon said with a charming smile. It brought a small blush to Ryeowook's face.

"Very well, I will call you Yesung, and you will call me Jasmine." Ryeowook finally agreed. He took his phone out of his pocket and handed it to Jongwoon. "Put your number in, and only text me. If you call someone might recognize your voice."

Jongwoon did as he was told and handed his phone to the other in return. He knew what he was doing was stupid, and he could get himself fired if anyone at the police station found out. Or he was going to end up dead if Donghae found out. But neither of those things mattered to him. He was so interested in the man in front of him that he would gladly risk his future and life if it meant knowing him more. He would gladly walk into the depths of hell for Ryeowook and he had no idea why. But here he was, jumping right in. When he got his phone back he pocketed it.

"We will meet again I believe." He said quietly.

"Soon probably. I will talk to Donghae about letting Kibum ask for forgiveness. Will you be able to get your partner to agree to apologize?"

"If he wants to live, he doesn’t get a choice in the matter." Jongwoon replied with a sigh. He then offered a small smile to the other. "Till next time my precious Jasmine."Jongwoon turned and left the park.

Ryeowook stood in the dark park and watched the man walk away.

"Till next time…Yesung."