Chapter Three

Super Junior Gangs

Lee Sungmin, lead martial arts master and second deadliest of the T Gang members, entered the kitchen area of the base with a smirk on his face. He knew that the Ryeowook kid he saw at Shinee Café was uncomfortable around him and he so enjoyed rattling the kids nerves every time they saw each other. It made for a fun trip knowing that, despite not showing any emotion outwards at the café, the other gang member was nervous. Placing the bag of food on the table he poked his head out of the kitchen and called out to them.

"Come and get it before it gets cold!"

The first two people to arrive at the café were a slightly pudgy looking man and a tall monkey looking man. Sungmin had to smile, he was not surprised that these two arrived first.

"Shindong, Eunhyuk, did you run all the way here?" He asked in a teasing voice.

"Not at all hyung." Eunhyuk said with a gummy smile. "I smelled the food as soon as you walked in. I was already on my way here."

"And I could tell you were close so I came as well." Shindong said with a grin. "You know we can tell when there is food anywhere near us Min-ah."

"True, true." Sungmin said with a small smile.

Shindong and Eunhyuk were the two gentlest members of the gang. They were both more interested in food and dancing and having fun than anything official business. But they also had the sharpest shot in the entire gang as well. Normally Shindong would be partnered up with Sungmin for jobs while Eunhyuk went around with Heechul to make sure the diva didn’t do anything too dramatic. There were whispers though that Eunhyuk would be the next in line to take over the gang if anything was to happen with their current leader. Sungmin wasn’t sure if the kid could cut it, but their leader was very close with the other. So it was a strong possibility. He was about to hand the pair their food when the door slammed open.

"I am the first to eat, now move it." A diva of a man said as he flicked his hair out of his face.

"Heechul hyung, we got here first." Eunhyuk whined to the older.

A silver gun was suddenly pressed against Eunhyuk's head and Heechul glared at him sharply.

"What was that dongseang. You've seen me use this before, I have no problem using it on you."

"Well I have a problem with you killing him." A new voice said calmly.

The group turned towards the doorway and bowed politely towards the man. Their leader, a man named Leeteuk, stood in the doorway with a serious look on his face. He was normally a friendly man who was cunning and made sure he always got what he wanted without the other person being the wiser. At first glance he didn’t seem like the type to be a gang leader, but once he was angry he was the scariest person Sungmin had ever known. Behind him was a burly looking man with a hard look in his eyes. If there was anyone that Sungmin steered clear of in the gang it was Kangin. He was Leeteuk's number two man and his closest confident. He had a short temper and had no problem solving problems with the use of violence. The only person he listened to was Leeteuk.

"Heechul, I've told you many times already. You are not allowed to kill Eunhyuk, or any of the other members, without my permission first." Leeteuk said. "Now put that gun away before I am forced to kill you. And you know that I will."

Heechul scoffed lightly before putting his precious gun back in its holster. Shoving Eunhyuk to the floor he took his plate of food and left the kitchen. Everyone watched him go with out comment and waited until he was far before helping Eunhyuk back to his feet. They were all use to Heechul's diva nature and if it wasn’t for the fact that he was extremely loyal to Leeteuk, despite his attitude at times, they may actually feel threatened by him. But Heechul was a good man and cared for all the members, he just had a twisted way of showing it.

Leeteuk sighed before patting Eunhyuk on the shoulder.

"You okay there Eunhyuk?"

"I'm all right leader-shi. I'm well use to Heechul-hyung's personality. We have worked together plenty of times already."

Leeteuk smiled a dimple smile that Eunhyuk easily returned. It was obvious that the leader favored the younger above all else but the others didn’t mind. Nodding to Shindong, he took his food from Sungmin, before it was promptly taken from him from Kangin. The burly man shot him a look when Leeteuk was about to argue and the leader merely sighed in defeat. He followed his number two out of the room and back to the meeting the two were having.  Sungmin had a feeling there was more between the two of them than a business partnership. He handed The remaining two members their food and the trio too their seats at the table in the room. They were all close to age and personality so they became close friends when inside the gang.

"So what did Leeteuk-hyung have to say when you told him about finding that M member in our territory." Sungmin asked once they began eating.

"He said not to worry about it. He thinks the man was too drunk to realize where he was exactly and it was not any attempt to take over our place." Eunhyuk explained.

"I bet Heechul didn’t take that well."

"No, he wanted to go out there and kill a bunch of M members to teach them a lesson. I'm surprised Leader-shi was able to convince him otherwise."

"When will you get use to calling him Leeteuk-hyung like the rest of us?" Shindong asked.

"I've always called him that, since the day he took me off the streets and into this gang. You know I owe him my life."

"But still, you can drop the leader stuff when its just us. Its not like he will kill you if you call him by his name or anything."

Eunhyuk shrugged at this but didn’t comment. Sungmin knew he wouldn't. They could have this conversation every day and the younger would still act the same way every time. Eunhyuk was fiercely loyal to Leeteuk. Whenever the man asked anything of him, he would do it in a heart beat. And he was always respectful towards the eldest. Even though he was terrified of some of the others, because he was always teased by them, he was also extremely loyal to everyone in the gang. Sungmin was always curious to think what the other would have been like if he never was found on that street corner digging through trash looking for food. The boy at first glance looks like he would be dead within a week. But in actuality he was a capable person when the need came.

Shindong finished up his food and let out a large belch. The other two sent his disgusted looks but did not comment. The larger man knew what was on their minds and merely chuckled in amusement. He took his dirty plate and cleaned it in the sink before leaving it there. With a nod he left the kitchen to go back to whatever he was doing earlier.

"Shindong is probably the grossest member of this gang." Sungmin muttered with a shake of his head.

"But he is also the best sniper in the group as well. And I thought he was your best friend?" Eunhyuk said as he slurped his food.

Sungmin made another face.

"He is, and you are also probably the grossest member as well."

Eunhyuk pouted and took a sniff of his under armpit.

"Do I smell again? I showered this morning." The skinny man complained.

Sungmin grinned lightly.

"Sorry, I guess I should say you two are the most ill manner members. You don’t smell today Hyuk."

Eunhyuk nodded with a small grin. He picked up his plate and cleaned it off before placing it with Shindong's.

"I'll be going hyung. Leader-shi wanted to go over something with me after his meeting with Kangin-hyung."

Sungmin smiled and waved to the younger as he left. When Eunhyuk was out of sight the smile fell. Resting his chin on a fisted hand he sighed. As much as he was good at what he did, and how loyal he was to Leeteuk, there were days he was really sick of being a gang member. When he was younger he always thought he would be a teacher for younger kids. He had a knack for teaching he was told and he thought kids were adorable. But that all ended one night when his family was killed by members of M. Apparently his father owed a lot of money to them and was unable to pay it back. So they took out his whole family as payment. Sungmin had only survived because he was out with a friend. When he came back his house was surrounded by cops and his parents and kid brother dead.

Since then he dropped out of school and took up martial arts. He planned on getting his revenge for the death of his family. It was at that time he came across Leeteuk, at the time a simple lackey for the T gang. Leeteuk had taken a shine of the boy and could sense his potential, so he took him in. He was able to get Sungmin to join when he promised that they could get the revenge they needed for his family if they were together. Unfortunately, by the time Leeteuk was in control of the gang and had his circle of followers, his family murders were already disposed of from the inside of their own gang. But Sungmin decided to stay with Leeteuk, he owed the man a lot during the time they were together. And perhaps someday he would be able to find a new future for him to live.