Chapter Forty Eight

Super Junior Gangs

Kangin has been through a lot in his time working alongside Leeteuk. In fact he has been into the deepest pits of Hell, when it came to dealing with some of the more unsavory underworld gangs out there. But he never had a problem with those times. Because he had spent most of his life next to Leeteuk that he would easily and happily lay down his life for the T leader. But as loyal as he was to Leeteuk, he didn’t always agree with some of the choices that he has made in his life. One of them had to do with the very reason why the pair were sitting in the back of his car heading towards a restaurant in the classier part of downtown. Now Kangin has met a lot of Leeteuk's associates, some good and some of them complete s, but this was one of the few that he always dreaded in meeting.

The two were dressed in fine black suites and a couple of times during the ride Leeteuk had checked himself out in the mirror next to him. He would adjust a thing here or move a strand of hair there. And each time he still didn’t seem impressed with the results. He would glare at his reflection and let out a frustrated sigh before fidgeting with something else on him that seemed out of place. At one point he looked ready to rip of his bowtie and throw it out the window but restrained himself at the last moment. If any of the other members saw this version of their leader they probably wouldn’t believe their eyes. It was a rare thing to see the normally calm and collected Leeteuk showing such a nervous nature. At one point he turned to Kangin and shot him a pleading.

"Be honest with me Kangin, how do I look?" He asked nervously.

"Leeteuk you look fine. I don’t know what you are fretting about. You could show up in scrubs and she would still greet you happily." He replied as he tried to keep his distain down.

"I know, but I like looking my best for her." Leeteuk replied with a small smile. He went back to checking his shirt out again.

"I know." Kangin looked out his window and grumbled under his breath. "It's annoying how much you try for her."

"Did you say something?" Leeteuk asked looking up.

"We’re here." Kangin replied instead as the car pulled to a stop.

The number two looked out the window at the sign for the restaurant. S.E.S was one of the most popular and famous restaurants in all of Seoul. You had to make reservations months in advance to get a table there. Or be someone of importance like Leeteuk to waltz right in. They held a five star ranking and have be published in articles and awards for years. They never had to find new chefs and recipes to try out since those people flew from all over the world at the chance to work with them. Also inside the famous restaurant was the high class bar called f(x). It was here that Leeteuk and Kangin was meeting the contact.

Kangin stepped out and went around to open the door for the leader. Leeteuk stepped out with an imposing look on his face. He was a completely different person than what he was in the car, but that wasn’t too surprising. Since he was the leader of T, he had to uphold a certain public image. With a nod to Kangin he made his way confidently inside the restaurant. Kangin followed after in perfect stride.  Without looking at the hostess at the counter he turned and made his way inside the bar area. The man stopped in the doorway and glanced around the room. A small dimple smile crossed his face as a young woman across the room raised a hand and waved. There was a simple gold bracelet on her wrist that sparkled in the light. Leeteuk made his way over to the woman and smiled at her. The woman looked a good few years younger than Leeteuk. She was beautiful with dark eyes and hair that was pulled up in an elegant bun. Her dress was a midnight blue and besides the gold bracelet that she wore on her wrist the only other jewelry she had on were a pair of dark blue earrings.

"Hello Sora. You are looking absolutely stunning tonight." He said in a soft voice.

"Leeteuk-oppa, you flatter me." Kang Sora replied with a grin. She gestured to the chair across from her.

One of the waitress came by to get the pair of men drinks. Kangin glanced at her and memorized the name on her shirt. 'Amber' it read. He was always cautious when the two were in public. He always needed to be on guard in case someone tried to take Leeteuk's life while he was there. Granted that was signing one's own death warrant but he was still cautious. Leeteuk order a simple beer before gesturing for Kangin to do the same. When Amber left to get the men their drinks Leeteuk sat down.

Leeteuk took the seat and Kangin took the other that faced the pair. Kang Sora was the only daughter of a powerful entrepreneur that has worked with Leeteuk in the past. The two had met at her father's get together where the older man was doing one of those business deal with Leeteuk. But it was Sora who stole the T leaders attention that night. Young and beautiful she held a grace to her that no other woman possessed .And since she had no association with anyone in the underworld, she was also very pure. She was engaged to marry a famous actor by the name Huk Jun whom she hated with a passion. In only took for Leeteuk a couple of hours to realize that her disgust towards the man had to do with the fact he was a womanizer who beat woman as well. So he had arranged for the man to meet his untimely demise and to pull some strings in order for her to be able to walk away scotch free. Since then the two had a strong friendship that could borderline romantic. Kangin knew that Sora had feelings towards Leeteuk, and he knew his leader was very fond of the woman as well. And if they would get married, well it would be a match made in heaven. Besides the fact, of course, that Leeteuk is a notorious gang leader.

Kangin hated meeting with her not because she was a dangerous person or anything horrible. In fact there wasn’t a single negative thing that Kangin had towards the woman. It was just, she was someone very important to Leeteuk, and Kangin worried he was one day going to lose the leader to her.

"Sora you look well. How are you?" Leeteuk asked, breaking Kangin of his internal monologue.

"I am well. I have been in London the last few months studying literature and arts." She smiled. "Father thinks it is wise for me to be educated in cultural things."

"I agree, you are able to go so much further in life with a good education. What brings you back to Seoul then. There is nothing I should be alarmed about?"

"No, nothing is wrong with me." She trailed off and glanced to the side. Both men suddenly tensed. She obviously was trying to figure out the best thing to say.

"What's wrong Sora. You call tell your Oppa anything." Leeteuk implored her. When she didn’t answer he leaned close. "Come on my Baby Princess."

Sora laughed at this.

"Oh gods not that nickname. I'm sorry oppa, you have horrible taste in nicknames."

"I'll keep using it if you don’t start talking." He threatened her teasingly. "Baby Princess?"

"Okay, okay." She held up her hands to stop him. "I was back to visit my father. He is not getting any younger you know. Well he wants me to get married before he dies."

"This mess again?" Leeteuk groaned.

"I'm sorry oppa, I know it’s a frustrating thing."

"Does he have someone in mind again?"

"Yes." She replied in a hesitant voice.

Leeteuk raised an eyebrow at this.

"Do I know this person?"

Instead of replying she gave a small nod. Her gaze dropped to her drink.

"Sora?" Leeteuk egged on softly.

"Father wishes for you to marry me." She confessed softly.

A sad look crossed Leeteuk's face. Reaching across the table he took the hand of the other. She looked up at him sadly.

"Sora, you know that I can't marry you. As wonderful as you are, a life with me would be very painful. There is too much blood on my hands, blood that I never want you to have to be a part of."

"But Leeteuk, I don’t care about that. I just want to be with you."

"No Sora. You are too important to me for that. I'm sorry. But you must tell your father no."

Her eyes tear up but she kept her composure. Neither released their hands as they gazed at each other across the table. Kangin watched with bated breath. He knew Sora loved Leeteuk, it was no secret after all. But he never realized that Leeteuk probably loved her as well. He knew the man cared for her and protected her. But not to such an emotional level. His fears were justified. If he didn’t lose Leeteuk to his illness, he will most likely lose him to this woman. After a few minutes she finally offered him a small smile.

"I understand oppa. I'll give up for now, but I refuse to call defeat just yet."

"You were always the stubborn type." Leeteuk replied with a chuckle. "Is that the only reason you called me out tonight?"

"No, there was something else I wanted to let you know about."

"Go on." He encouraged.

"Father was also meeting with someone that day as well. Someone that you would know very well."

Leeteuk leaned in again.

"Does the name Moon HeeJoon ring a bell?" She said with a knowing look on her face.

Both Leeteuk and Kangin's eyes widen in shock. The former swore darkly under his breath while Kangin was trying to gather enough air in his own to breathe again. Moon HeeJoon was a name he hadn't heard for a very long time. It was one that made his skin crawl in a very frightening manner. He turned to the leader and saw the small amount of panic in his eyes. The gang had their hands full enough dealing with EXO at the moment. Having this man back just brought a whole higher level of drama.

"Oppa, I don’t know why he is back. But please be careful." Sora continued on in concern. "I don’t want anything bad to happen to you."

Leeteuk turned and smiled gently at her.

"Don’t worry Sora. You know I am always careful. Thank you for letting me know about Moon." He said with a smile.

"Just don’t strain yourself. It's bad for your health." She said as she stared at him seriously.

"I am taking good care of myself Sora. I may be sick, but I am not invalid."

"Just don’t damage your lungs more than they already are." She said softly.

"Don’t worry, I won't. I promise you that."

She smiled prettily at him for this. The two enjoyed the rest of their evening over drinks and appetizers. Amber came back a few times to refill things and offered to get them a menu for actual food a few times but they all turned her down. She finally gave up and just refilled their drinks. Sora and Leeteuk talked about everything under the sun and stars worth talking about and Kangin sat silently and observed. It was obvious how much they cared about each other, there was a special light in the leader's eyes when he gazed at her. Finally it was getting to the point where it was time to send Sora off to her home. A woman of her beauty and social status should not be out so late.

"Would you like me to see you home Sora?" Leeteuk offered as he helped her with her coat.

"Don’t worry Oppa, I will be fine. I will call and let you know I made it home safely, all right?"

"Be sure you do. Otherwise I'll send someone after to in order to make sure." He threatened back.

Sora gave a small giggle before waving her hand at them. She turned and made her way out of the bar and restaurant, and back towards her home. Kangin followed Leeteuk out to their own car as well. Once they were comfortably seated that Leeteuk released the sigh building up inside him. He turned and smiled at Kangin.

"She looked well, don’t you think?"

"Yes, beautiful as always." he agreed softly.

"She really is. Every time I see her she gets more and more beautiful. Soon she is going to be very successful as well, I can just feel it."

"Do you wish to be next to her when that happens?" Kangin asked, eluding to her comments earlier.

"Kangin you know I will only bring her down." Leeteuk stared down at his hands. "My hands are too dirty for someone pure like her." He smiled sadly. "All I can do is stand on the side lines and help her when needed. It's all I can really do for her."

Kangin didn’t say anything more to this. The rest of the car ride was silent and when they got back to the base Leeteuk commented that he just wanted to go straight to his room and sleep. But when the pair entered a solemn Heechul met them in the main hall. Leeteuk took a quick look over of his friend.

"What is the matter Hee?"

"Lee Donghae has called. He would like to set up a meeting between us and them. To go over the potential alliance." Heechul declared calmly.