Chapter Nineteen

Super Junior Gangs

Jongwoon dragged a resilient Kibum out of the police station and to his car. His partner was stubbornly digging his feet into the ground as best as he could in an attempt to get away from the detective. One minute the two of them were working on a report together and then Jongwoon had gotten a text message. The older man read it a few times through before jumping to his feet and grabbing his bewildered partner by the arm out of his chair and out of the office.

"Kim Jongwoon-shi!" Kibum shouted at his partner. "Where are you taking me?"

"I'm fixing the damn mess you had made. So be grateful you brat." Jongwoon snapped back at him.

"What mess? I haven't done anything wrong."

"Wrong rookie. You made a huge mistake and you're lucky I'm here to help you fix it or you might find yourself in some alleyway with a bullet in your dumb skull."

The pair had arrived at Jongwoon's car. The detective wasted no time in opening the door and none to gently threw his partner in the passenger seat. Kibum sent him a deep glare as he sat up in the chair and put on his seatbelt. Jongwoon went around the car and got in as well. Before he pulled away he looked at the text message again before slipping his phone in his pocket and starting the car.

Kibum barely had enough time to grab the handle above the door before Jongwoon brought the car in reverse and spun it around and drove off. The young detective felt like he was going to die during all of this and was surprised at the frantic nature of his normally calm partner. The pair drove in silence as Jongwoon focused on the road and Kibum gathered his thoughts together. He finally looked over at his partner.
"Will you please explain to me what the hell is going on?"

"A while back you had approached the M member Siwon at the Shinee Café and told him you were going to arrest him for the murder of the MBLAQ gang members at the Han River. Sound familiar?"

"How did you know about all of this?" Kibum asked in surprise. He shrunk back from the intense glare his partner shot him.

"Because I know more about these gangs than you do." Jongwoon reminded him. "And Donghae does not like any accusations to be made about his gang without any evidence to back it up. The man is a gang leader, but he also knows his rights and the rights of his gang."

"Law breakers should not have the same rights as law abiding citizens." Kibum countered.

"Well they know their rights even if you feel they don’t deserve them. And Donghae is out for blood for you accusations."

"You don’t know if I'm wrong. The gang could be responsible for the murders of those MBLAQ people. I was just shaking them up."

"Well you shook them to the point of anger. Now you are in luck though, because Donghae is being forgiving today. He wants you to apologize for the incorrect assumption about his gang."

"And if I don’t?"

"He will most likely kill you."

Kibum swallowed at this. He had a feeling his stunt at the Shinee Café would come and bite him in the but he was surprised that Jongwoon was going out of his way to fix it. But that did make him wonder…

"How were you able to get a meeting with Donghae in order for this to happen?" Kibum asked suspiciously.

"I didn't. Someone inside the gang was able to convince the leader to listen to you. So I would suggest you take this golden opportunity and use it right."

Jongwoon pulled into a large secluded mansion area. The place was large and strongly guarded. There was a large grass area that they had to get through as well as two gated areas and past a lot of men with large guns. Each one of the men stared at their car with suspicious eyes and their hands holding tight the trigger to their semi-automatic weapons. The car pulled though the longer than necessary driveway before pulling up in front of the large mansion. The mansion was larger than anything Kibum had seen before with multiple floors and large structure. Jongwoon opened his door and gestured for Kibum to do the same. When Kibum exited the car he was surprised to see that Donghae's number two, Han Geng, was waiting at the top step for them.

"Donghae has been waiting." The man told them in a soft voice. "I am to take you to him."

Jongwoon nodded to the man and followed him into the house. Kibum hesitantly followed after his partner who was far more comfortable in walking into what the young detective considered to be the lion's den. He began to suspect Jongwoon has been here before. The trio of people walked inside the base through a series of hallways and rooms that Kibum lost track of the times they turned and where. Each hallway and room was even more glamorous than the last and it was obvious that Lee Donghae was a very rich man. They got to a series of double doors that were guarded by a pair of gang members. Each one had dark look on their faces. They held up their weapons and pointed to the detectives.

"I'm sorry, but I am to search you two now. You cannot enter with your weapons." Han Geng said in a voice that sounded unapologetic. The two men stepped forward and kept a steady gaze on the detectives as he patted them down and removed their guns. He placed the two guns on the table outside of the room and nodded to the men. "You may enter now."

The two gunmen stepped to the side as Han Geng entered the room. The two detectives followed after. The room they walked into was probably one of the largest in the mansion. It was a dark room with high ceilings and darkly painted walls. At the end of the room was a platform where Donghae sat on a large leather chair. The leader of M had a bored look on his face as his chin was balanced on one hand and the other softly bouncing his gun in the other hand. When he saw the trio enter he straightened up in his chair and had a smirk on his face.

"Well It's about time you two showed up." He called to them. "I was beginning to wonder if you wanting to apologize was just a lie."

Han Geng pushed the two ahead before he walked to the side of the room where the other inner circle members of M were standing. The group of them had a mix of bored or calculated looks on their faces as they stared at the two detectives.  Jongwoon ignored them as he grabbed his partner by the arm and brought him forward. Kibum stumbled lightly on his feet. He shot his partner a dark look but wisely kept his mouth shut.

"Lee Donghae, as we both know, me being here is really an oddity. But it seems my partner is quite the idiot and I would rather you not kill him." Jongwoon explained. "He has stepped out of line and I apologize for that. And I dragged him here to apologize to you as well."

Kibum stared at his partner with wide eyes. He had to apologize now!? And in front of this man's inner circle none the less. Kibum shot his eyes to the side where he saw Siwon standing. The man had a blank look on his face and stared down the detective with no remorse. The young man began to realize how serious this situation will become depending on his next actions.

"So Kim Kibum-shi." Donghae called out, bringing the detective's attention back to the leader. "Are you going to apologize for your wrongly accusing of my members or should I just kill you right now?"

"For all we know, someone in your gang did kill those men." Kibum muttered under his breath.

"Oh? You think so?" A devil may care smirk appeared on the leader's face. He raised his gun hand towards Kibum who stared back in wide eye shock. "You should check all of your evidence before pointing fingers."

Donghae than looked over at his other members. Gesturing with his head towards the detectives he smirked lightly. One of the members, the one called Kyuhyun, stepped forward with a tan manila folder in his hands. He walked to the two detectives and handed the folder to Jongwoon. The older detective stared at the folder as if it were a bomb before taking it from the computer hacker's hands. He stared suspiciously at the man, the folder, and at Donghae who gestured with his gun hand for the detective to read. The detective opened the folder and stared at the contents for a moment. His eyes widened in shock as he hastily went through the paperwork. He shot his head up to Donghae.

"Is this true?!" He asked in bewilderment.

"Of course it is." Donghae replied casually. "You think I would let you people unjustly go after one of my members without me putting the effort for the truth? That is your real killer, and I already know where he is as well. Have your pet here apologize for his accusations and I'll tell you where to go."

Jongwoon silently handed the folder to Kibum to read. The younger detective opened it up to read the contents. The folder contained all the evidence they needed to place a Kim Soo-Hee of the 2PM gang behind bars for the murder of the MBLAQ men. Kibum stared through the folder a couple of times to make sure, but the evidence seemed pretty solid. He looked up with narrow eyes at the leader.

"Why are you helping us?" He asked the man.

"Because you seem hell bent on placing every little incident on my gang and I don’t care for it. I'd rather kill you now but I was given a pretty strong argument to let you live. So if I were you, I'd get to apologizing now. I am not known for my patients."

Kibum had a staring contest with the leader of the M gang. Neither one of them were unwavering of their glares. Jongwoon began to fear that he would have a dead partner on his hands any moment and prepared for the worst when the folder was slammed back into his hands. The younger detective stepped forward towards Donghae and took a deep breath. In front of everyone he gave the leader a low 90 degrees bow to the man.

"I apologize for wrongly accusing your gang members of the murder. I was wrong of my assumptions and did not have enough evidence on the matter. Please forgive me."

The room was silent as everyone watched Donghae for his next actions. The man stared at the bowed down Kibum with a contemplative look on his face before raising the gun again. He aimed in at the detective and fired. The bang of the gun caused everyone to jump as it echoed in the large room. The bullet pierced the ground right in front of Kibum, so his eyes were staring at the smoking hole. Kibum forced himself to not react, but he was rather close in pissing his pants from the fright.

"Let this be a warning for you Kim Kibum. The next time you want to come after one of us, you better be damn sure you can back it up with evidence. Otherwise the next time we meet, I will put a bullet in your head." Donghae said darkly. "Now get the out of my mansion before I decide to kill you after all."

Kibum nodded his head and went back to Jongwoon. The other detective had a blank look on his face as he stared at Donghae.

"Where is he?" The man asked, in regards to the file in his hands.

"The address in on the back of the final page." Donghae revealed as he got to his feet. "I had a feeling your partner would apologize regardless and already wrote it down. Now, I have things to do, so Hankyung will show you out."

Donghae gave a nod to the two men before he walked off the platform and out a door that was at the side of the room. The other members followed after. All that was remaining was the two detectives and Donghae's number two man. The Chinese man nodded to the two of them and showed them out of the room.

"You two are lucky." He revealed to them when they were back to their car with their weapons.

"Donghae wanted to kill you two for getting in his way."

"What stopped him then?" Kibum asked despite himself.

"Who knows, perhaps you have someone looking out for you two." Han Geng replied before he turned and walked into the mansion again.