Chapter Forty Four

Super Junior Gangs

"Will you at least consider Donghae's offer." Ryeowook asked the man across the table.

Onew had his arms crossed an a pensive look on his face. It wasn’t as well known that Shinee in their early years was a formidable gang. But they didn’t last two long, not because they didn’t have the talent, but more for the fact Yunho had a different plan for them. So they closed their underworld operations and opened up the café. They served as a go between with the gangs and TVXQ and kept the peace when the mighty gang was overseas. But they mostly enjoyed the fireworks that happened in their gang. They normally didn’t choose sides but Onew also knew the importance of what Ryeowook was asking. At the moment there was nothing from Yunho saying they couldn’t get involved but Onew still was going to be cautious. He glanced at the M member before giving a small nod.

"I won't say yes, but I will at least consider it." Onew revealed.

A grateful smile crossed Ryeowook's face at this.

"That is enough for us. Thank you Onew-shi."

The two shook hands and Ryeowook left the back room. Returning to the café he saw that the detective was no longer there. That was a bit of a bummer for him. He was actually hopping to talk with Jongwoon for a bit before heading back home. But he knew that time was important. And there was a lot that had to happen in order for Donghae to end up on top. He gave a wave to the other workers inside Shinee and began to head home. But he was only able to get out the door before he was stopped.

"Wookie!" Siwon called as he walked up. The man had a dimple smile on his face and was waving enthusiastically.

"Siwon! What are you doing this way?" Ryeowook asked with a bright grin.

"Just taking a walk to clear my mind. Want to join me?"

Ryeowook gave a small nod and grinned. It has been a while since he spent any time with Siwon outside of the gang. They were good friends after all. The two headed over to the park and started to follow the walking path. Ryeowook knew of the park, but probably not as well as Siwon who was known to go jogging on a daily bases. The man led them along without any conversation. The pair just took the time to enjoy the rare nice weather that has been going on. To Ryeowook it felt like the calm before the storm. Next to him Siwon took in a deep breath and let it go with a smile.

"How have you been Wookie?" He questioned with a smile. "It's been rather hectic lately I feel like I haven't talked with you much."

"I know. With the whole deal of T and EXO and then the party and now this. We haven't had any down time in the last couple of months."

Siwon nodded at this. It was true. Time has been moving so fast since that meeting with Leeteuk and Yunho not so long ago. It actually was almost frightening how fast things were moving for Ryeowook. The meeting with Jongwoon, the obvious attraction that Donghae was bestowing on Eunhyuk, the killing at the Han River, the couple of encounters with EXO, and Yunho's party. Where it seemed a lot of things were connecting and becoming full circle. This problem was more than just Donghae and M. It was T, MBLAQ, Big Bang, 2PM, and TVXQ as well. How they played this game was going to affect everyone, not just them. Siwon ran a hand through his hair and sighed. Ryeowook glanced over at the taller man and noticed he seemed bummed about something.

"What's the matter Siwon?"

"Its nothing really. But I wonder if Donghae is mad at me."

"Why would Donghae be mad at you? Are you thinking about the party?"

"Yeah, he was rather displeased with me for talking to Eunhyuk. Do you think he is punishing me by having me go to the cops?"

Ryeowook thought about it. It seemed logical but at the same time unlikely. Donghae would never risk any of s for something petty like that. He smiled and patted the other on the arm.

"No Donghae is not like that. He is probably thinking you are the best in dealing with the detectives. You are less likely to lose your cool and do something detrimental. Do you have a plan in mind?"

"I am going to turn myself in."

Ryeowook stopped walking and stared wide eyed at the other.

"I take that back. You are stupid enough to do something harmful. Why would you turn yourself in? To Kibum of all people?"

"Well not like that." Siwon said with a laugh. "I still like my freedom. But I can go in there and at least confess to knowing something. At least enough to gain an audience with him."

"And if he throws you in jail?"

"He cant. You know that Donghae's connection in there will keep me clean. I don’t have to worry about that."

Ryeowook shook his head.

"You are crazy that is for sure. But it might give us an edge with them if we go willing over there. Just please be careful. I don’t want anything bad to happen to you."

Siwon smiled and draped his arm on the other's shoulders. He pulled Ryeowook close with a one arm hug.

"Don’t worry. I will be careful. I have much I have to do still."

"Okay."

Siwon released him and smiled. There was more friendliness in the smile, like a burden was suddenly released off his back. Ryeowook was a mixture of relieved and worried. It was good that whatever was bothering the man was gone. But he was of course concerned about the man's plan. It could easily backfire on him and Siwon would find himself stuck behind bars with maybe no way out. But he couldn’t find the courage to say anything else on the matter. It seemed Siwon had his mind set. And so Ryeowook forced himself to let it go, and pray for the best.

They reached the end of the walking path they were on and Siwon turned to his friend.

"Would you like to accompany me to the station?"

"Sure, but that is as far as I will go."

"Of course."

The two left and went to the police station. As they stood across the street Ryeowook looked up at his friend one more time.

"You know there is still time to come up with a second plan. You don’t have to do this."

"I know. But it is the best plan to get Kibum's attention. Don’t worry. I will be okay." He smiled a dimple smile and patted Ryeowook on the shoulder. Looking both ways he crossed the street and confidently entered the station. Something that Ryeowook would find commendable if he wasn’t so concerned. Sighing he turned and left the area before someone saw him and tried bringing him in as well.

"Good luck Siwon." He muttered.

Deciding that the best thing for him to do was to head back to the base he turned and left. He was itching to send a text to Jongwoon about everything but the two had agreed not to mix their work with their friendship. And he didn’t know if he would be able to say anything to the older man if he did contact him. And since the person he would normal talk to was the dilemma he had only one other person to chat with. Walking into the base he cupped his mouth and called out.

"HENRY!"

It only took a few moments before the young man came barreling through the hallways. Once he saw Ryeowook he threw himself at the man. Laughing Ryeowook hugged him tightly.

"Gege! Welcome back! How did your thing go with Onew?"

"Not sure. He will at least thing about it. But that's not here or now. Come let's get something to eat."

The younger Chinese man nodded his head and followed Ryeowook to the kitchen. The man busied himself in making a small snack for him and Henry while the younger waited with childlike patients at the table. Once Ryeowook was done he placed the plate of sandwiches on the table and took a seat. Henry was quick to eat three of them off the bat before Ryeowook could even take one. Stuffing them into his mouth he looked more like a chipmunk than a gang member. Ryeowook could only laugh at his antics.

"Tell me Gege, what type of mission do you think Donghae-gege will give me?" He asked once he swallowed everything.

"I'm not sure, but I think it will go a good one for you. You certainly made an impression to him during the meeting. But Henry, is this what you really want? You still have time to back out of here."

Henry frowned at the older.

"When I was a kid, I came into this gang because everyone wanted me to. You and Han Geng and even Kyuhyun argued with Donghae I would be a good member to include. Yet the whole time I have been here I have only been given scouting missions and delivery missions. And even then I am usually accompanied by someone else. I always felt like no one ever saw me more than just a kid. I am grateful for all the protection but I should be allowed to pull my own weight too."

Ryeowook couldn’t help but admire the younger. It seemed he had been thinking about this a lot lately. Maybe even longer than the party and the comments Lay had made to him. He wanted to make a change in his life, and he was striving to do it. He only can hope Donghae takes the kid serious but at the same time doesn’t completely throw him into the lion's den.

"I think you will do an amazing job on whatever Donghae has planned for you." Ryeowook replied with a grin.

"You think so?"

"Yeah, I think so." Ryeowook replied with a soft smile.

Henry smiled brightly at him and broke off into a ramble about some game he was playing with Kyuhyun. He complained to the man how he was sure the computer genius was cheating because he wasn’t able to get one win off him. Something that Ryeowook admitted was probably true. But Henry was determined to beat him at least once in a video game. And he would keep trying until he did. He had a feeling that Kyuhyun would continue to play with him until then. Henry was one of the only people who still challenged the man to games, the others have all given up. Even Donghae refused to play with the man anymore. Ryeowook laughed at everything Henry said and felt himself relaxing from all the stress he had been feeling lately.

At one point his phone went off with a message. Glancing down he was surprised to see that it was Yesung who was texting him. Apologizing to the Chinese kid he opened the phone to read the message.

'So I've been thinking./We haven't spent any time together lately./We should go on a date.'