Chapter Twelve

Super Junior Gangs

Park  Jungsu, otherwise known as Leeteuk, was unable to sleep. It was late at night and all the other members of the gang were already in bed and fast asleep. However, the well-known leader of the T gang was having a hard time doing that as well. He was currently sitting at one of the dark leather chairs inside his library reading some Shakespeare. The man had a love for the classics, and nothing was more classical in literature than the British poet and play writer himself. He was currently making his way through one of his favorites, Romeo and Juliet. He didn't know what it was about this particular play that he enjoyed the most. Perhaps it was the story of love and revenge and courage. Or the way it made his heart swell and tears build up at the struggle the two lovers had to go through in order to stay together. Or perhaps it is a story that was beginning to feel like reality.

Leeteuk was not a naïve man. He knew that his chosen successor was out at the river the night of the five MBLAQ members being murdered. He was well aware of the youngers habit of going out to the river at night. And when he saw the news about the murder he recognized the skills and ability that Eunhyuk had on display. What had exactly happened that night was a mystery to the T leader. For some odd reason Eunhyuk was keeping a tight lip on the matter, something he normally didn’t do. All the leader could gather from the evening was Eunhyuk was attacked while there and had to protect himself. But when the leader asked if he wanted to attack the MBLAQ base as a message the younger declined the idea.

"They had no idea who I actually was when they attacked. There is no need to cause problems for the gang on the matter." He had told the leader.

"If they didn’t know who you were, then why were you attacked?" Leeteuk questioned suspiciously.

But Eunhyuk persisted to stay quiet on the matter. It was slightly worrying for the man until a few days later he received a short thank you from the leader of M. He revealed that the attack was aimed at him and Eunhyuk, as a passerby, stepped in and helped him out of a sticky situation. He revealed that he wanted to keep the matter quiet as he knew the fighter was one of Leeteuk's main members so there was no need for a trade of any sort.

Your successor is fiercely loyal to you and I want to make sure there is no suspicion that he helped me for any greater means. We crossed paths and he offered a hand. You better take good care of him, I could use a loyal man like that on my side.

Leeteuk was tempted to ask Eunhyuk about the letter but decided to wait and see what happened next. He had nothing but trust for the man, that was the reason he chose Eunhyuk as his successor out of any of the others. The man had a similar view as Leeteuk and would take the gang the same direction as he would. He knew Eunhyuk would rather take his own life than betray Leeteuk or anyone else in the gang. But why he was being silent on the attack, or the fact Donghae was there was odd.

Something else must have happened that night. Something neither man is revealing.

Leeteuk had a feeling something like this could happen. At the meeting with Donghae and Yunho, there was an obvious moment between the two men. He knew Donghae had a strong interest in Eunhyuk, even before Sungmin told him so a few weeks back. And he knew the two would click in an easy way if they were to meet. There was something in the M leader's eyes after they had left that left Leeteuk curious. And a similar look was on Eunhyuk's face as well. There was something that was pulling the two together.

Leeteuk sighed as he looked at the play in his hands. Just like Romeo and Juliet the two were destined to meet. He only wondered if their endings will be like the characters from the tragedy. Closing the book, Leeteuk placed it on the table before standing up. He was only about to make it a couple of steps before a shooting pain ripped through his chest and he began to cough. Collapsing to the ground in pain he covered his mouth to muffle the sound. He ended up crouched on the ground coughing for a good few minutes before the pain slowly began to decline. It was as if his body was wretched with pain. It was hard to breath and his chest heaved heavily from the about of strain it just went though.

Slowly controlling his breath, the leader of T slowly sat up and began to reach for his desk. Before he could touch the oak drawer where his medicine was located a second hand appeared to open it for him. The hand pulled out the familiar bottle of pills and handed them to Leeteuk.

"Thank you Kangin." Leeteuk whispered breathlessly as he slumped against the side of the desk.

The large man did not say a word as he stared at the weakened leader. Leeteuk struggled with the container of pills before popping of the cap.  Tipping it in his hand he caught two little red pills in his open hand and promptly popped them into his mouth. Closing the container he let it drop onto the ground as he relaxed against the desk.

"When will you tell them the truth." Kangin's voice floated through the silent room.

"That I am sick and am going to die? Never if I can help it. Right now we need to make sure that Eunhyuk is properly brought into the limelight of the underworld and shift the power to him. When he is ready I will calmly step down and let him take over. I think I can make it that long."

"Leeteuk, don’t strain yourself too much. Your body is weak right now."

"I know, but right now the important part of the plan is getting him ready. Meeting with Donghae and Yunho was important. And he has already befriended Junsu from TVXQ, that is more than what we planned. Eunhyuk is going to be a good leader when I am gone." Leeteuk ended with a whisper.

When Leeteuk found out he was sick with a rare lung disease he was not angry or scared of an early death. The first thing he thought of was finding a successor for his gang, someone whom he trusted and who would take care of all of the members like he did. He initially thought of Sungmin, the man had followed him in for revenge and was a loyal member. But Sungmin has shown desire to leave the gang when all was said and done. He even considered Heechul for a while. Despite the older being a loose cannon at times, he would have been a strong leader. But Heechul would be bored of it too soon, and having to own up to responsibility that he otherwise gets away with from Leeteuk would be enough for him to do something reckless. So Leeteuk moved on to Shindong. But the large man had revealed to Leeteuk right after the leader was sick that he was in love with a sweet girl who was not affiliated with the gang. And Leeteuk was not heartless enough to do something to one of his inner circle members that would affect their private lives.

And then there was Eunhyuk. The leader did not considered him at first because the boy was so young and fragile when he first came into the gang. And he followed all the other members like a lost puppy that Leeteuk thought he would be too soft for the position. And then he began to really spend time with the younger. Eunhyuk was the type who was fiercely loyal to the group, but he also had the best interest for it as well. He had leadership potential and the same skills that Leeteuk displayed at that age. With some mentoring and molding, Leeteuk could create the perfect new leader for his gang.

So Leeteuk began molding. He began to show the younger things and told him information that no one else knew. He was seeing the extra work it takes to be a leader. And the extra time he needed to spend with businessmen and other gang leaders in order to keep the peace. Leeteuk was careful to not expose the younger to the underworld too much though. As a well kept secret, he protected the identity of the man and never revealed to anyone his plan. He was especially wary of letting Donghae or Yunho find out about his plan. The more they didn’t know the better.  That is why he partnered the man with Heechul. With the silver gunman, Eunhyuk will learn the things that Leeteuk could not teach. How to fight and defend and to create a confidence in himself when he faced others. Heechul was a cruel man, but the perfect choice in a partner. He threatened Eunhyuk a lot but they all knew he would never kill the named successor.

It was by a sudden whim of a decision that he brought Eunhyuk to the last meeting. He needed to finally expose the younger to the other two leaders. His disease was starting to take a turn for the worst and Leeteuk needed to be prepared. Like a well executed chess match, he played every piece carefully. With Eunhyuk as his new King piece it was only a matter of time before he could call checkmate.

"Youngwoon." Leeteuk whispered to his number two.

Kangin looked at Leeteuk when he heard his real name. The leader was only speaking truly honest when that name came up.

"Yes Leeteuk?"

"When I retire and give this all to Eunhyuk, what will you do."

There was a moment of silence as the two stared at each other. Kangin approached Leeteuk and held out his hand. A rare soft look appeared on his eyes.

"Jungsu, I will always stay with you. Since the day we met to the day we die. We will be together. Never forget."

Leeteuk smiled and put his hand in the larger man's. Kangin pulled the leader up with ease.

"Now come, we have work to do."

"Right, let's keep an eye on the growing relationship between Eunhyuk and Donghae. For now, let us focus on the rise of that new group. 2PM they are called. I worry about their rise right now…"

"Very well Leader."