Entry 49

That Particular Boy

25.09.2014 (Thursday)

Squishy was acting weird again for some reason…

“Kyungsoo-oppa, are you okay?” I placed my palm on his forehead, and found myself feeling for his temperature again. The reason I even asked was because he reverted back to his gloomy self from two days ago.

“Yeah, I’m alright, why?” He flashed a weak smile.

“You seem a little off today.”

“No I’m not.”

“Rest in here, Kai can manage alone for today.”

“Okay then.”

Squishy stayed in the kitchen with his head resting on his arms, with me sitting nearby in case he needed anything. Kai was attending to some customers at the counter while Hwajae offered to prepare some of the drinks, although she didn't exactly do it correctly, since she never learnt how to officially. I secretly chuckled to myself when she held up two small jars and wasn't able to differentiate between them.

I turned my attention back to my phone, texting Eunmi about the homework we had that day. I was typing my message halfway when Squishy’s phone beeped, indicating that he received a text message. Grabbing his phone from the table top where he left it on, he opened the text and his face fell.

“I’m not feeling well, I’m taking the day off.” Squishy slipped his phone into his pocket before rising to leave.

“Kyungsoo-oppa, are you sure you’re okay?” I grabbed his hand lightly, preventing him from leaving.

“I’m just not feeling well.”

“Do you want to visit the doctor? I can accompany you there.”

“There’s no need, I’m just going to go. There’s no need to follow me.” He pried my fingers off before rushing away.

“So he’s leaving just like that?” Kai asked, confused to why Squishy suddenly left the shop.

“He’s probably visiting the doctor’s, I hope he’s feeling fine.” I sighed deeply.

“There’s no point moping around and wishing he was alright, go accompany him!” Hwajae exclaimed while pumping her fists in the air.

“But he told me not to follow him…” I pouted.

“Are you two facing some problems in your relationship?”

“I’m not quite sure… He started behaving like that since Monday and I have no idea why…”

“Whatever problems you have, try to solve them as soon as possible.”

“Yeah, I’ll talk to him about it soon.”

“Please do, I still want to continue shipping Squishycookies.” Kai pleaded.

“Go ship Jongjae instead!” I cried out.