Entry 2

That Particular Boy

22.07.2014 (Tuesday)

Sometimes my mouth gets me in trouble, but sometimes I gain good things using it.

Normally it will just ramble some embarrassing comment and make everything more awkward than it already is, but the reason why Squishy’s number is saved in my phone is also because of my mouth.

However, I wish it could stop talking when I actually want it to stop.

The same routine went by for me, and I was starting to get used to operating the machines and perfecting my mixes. Squishy came at the same time again, no surprise in that. About three hours into his shift, I contemplated on whether to ask for his phone number. Then I asked myself, what use do I have for it? I couldn't possibly start bombarding him with text messages. And what if he doesn't reply?

Despite all my worries, I approached him when there were no customers.

“Kyungsoo…”

“Hm?”

No Jihyun, what if he thinks you’re being creepy again?

"So we're colleagues now..." I started muttering anyway.

"And?" He dragged the word, encouraging me to continue.

"Can I have your number?" I shut my eyes as the question escaped my lips in one quick breath, afraid to see his reaction. I finally opened up one eye to peer over at his face, but all I saw was a phone screen in front of my face.

"Type it in here and I'll call you." He gestured for me to take his phone.

I received it, and punched in my number before returning it back to him. A few seconds after he regained possession over his cell, I received a call. When I was fishing my phone out of my pocket, it stopped ringing, and an unknown number appeared as a missed call on my lock screen.

"So now I have your number, and you have mine." He smiled, his eyes disappearing into crescents as he did so, and I’m dying all over again because of that.

"Oh..." I chuckled after figuring out the whole situation.

“But what will we do with each other’s numbers?” His brow raised, and he grinned in a somewhat teasing manner.

“We text and call each other?” I replied like it was the most logical answer in the world.

“So you want that to happen?” His teasing grin is growing bigger.

“No! I mean yes- I mean um…”

Think of something else to say, Jihyun!

“It’s okay, I get what you mean.” He patted my shoulder while I was still trying to formulate a response, before leaving me at the counter for his break.

Right then, the table counter looked really tempting as a surface for me to smash my head against.


I realised that I don't have the time to write long chapters every day, but I'll try to lengthen each chapter as much as possible. So although she has six hours of interaction with Squishy Kyungsoo, I'll just write the highlights or the most interesting thing that happens that day. Sorry for that...

-Jihyun