The Goguma Field

Forever

Yonghwa is standing at the bus stop, waiting for Seohyun. They have planned to get two days one night trip to somewhere that still secret because Yonghwa the one who suggested it. Yonghwa has made everything and decided not to tell Seohyun until they got there. He smiled thinking where they are going. And minutes by minutes started to flow, and he looks at his watch.

"Where is she?" He asked himself and called her number. "Where are you?"

"I'm on my waaayyy! I'll be there in minutes!" Seohyun said. From the way she talks, can be predicted that she is running.

"I'm waiting." He said and hunged up.

"Yong~" Seohyun called him while patting his shoulder.

"Yeah, you surprised me," He said, really surprised. "Let's go, we'll be taking this bus." He said, helping Seohyun with her luggage and bring it to the bus.

They sat on the back and for a few minutes, there are an awkward silence.

"Hyun~" Yonghwa called but Seohyun is pouted.

"What?"

"Why are you like this?" He asked.

"You forgot my birthday." She said.

"No," He muttered.

"You didn't text me happy birthday." Seohyun said.

"I have, I thought." He whispered, not able to speak loudly. To say the truth, he wasn't purposely forget about it, it just that she was in Japan that day and he was in Seoul, thinking the way to propose her and didn't look at the date. And when he was, it was already the next day of her birthday.

"You thought?" Seohyun explode, but maintain to say it in flat tone.

"Well, you didn't text me too." He said, thinking if she was ever.

"I have," She said loudly, because she was. "And not to mention I told you about my birthday."

"Hyun~ don't be sad today. Please, it's not like I did it puposely." He beg, grabbing her hand.

"Fine, I won't ruin our day." She said, making a fake smile.

Then they keep quite until the bus stop at their destination.

"Where is this?" Seohyun asked. She let her hair fall and it makes her felt really hot because of the sunshine.

Yonghwa bring her to walk to a field that used to plant. "Here? Guess first,"

"Yong choding~ tell me right now,"

"I feel bad because I don't text you when you're birthday. So..." He said proudly, zipping his backpack and take out a placard, written 'SEOHYUN'S GOGUMA FIELD'. "Here, this is yours."

"Mine? All of this?" Seohyun asked.

"Yeah." He said, winked at her.

"Ekh, don't flirt at my area," Seohyun joked.

"Yeah, I the one who owned it, you only owned the name." Yonghwa give an evil smile. "Let's go to the owner before me first, he will told us about what should we do. And because we're not going to be here everyday, he will be the one who take care of this."

"Sure, let's go," Seohyun agreed and she followed Yonghwa to a barn.

"Annyeonghaseyo," Both of them greet the man.

"Annyeonghaseyo," The man greet back with wide smile. "If you want to dig the field, you can, I have plant the goguma few months ago."

"Thank you," Yonghwa said, taking the equipments to dig the field.

They walked back to the field, and Seohyun happily put in the placard on the field. On the way to dig, there are kindergarten students who came with teachers guiding. Yonghwa excitedly yelled, "Hey, Kids! I'm your friend!" In Busan tone.

Seohyun can't help but laughing at her boyfriend. "It's your friend,"

"Yeah,"

"So what is Wooyoung and others?"

"They are too, but I'm at here now, so they are my friends," He said childishly.

"Let's dig," Seohyun said excitedly.

They dig about one hour and they only get the small size goguma.

"Yah, why are all the small ones?" Yonghwa asked no one, sitting on the ground.

Seohyun followed him, and wipe his sweat with the handkerchief. "Right, all are the small ones. I'm tired, let's rest a bit."

Yonghwa looked at her and said, "Would you mind to bring us drinks? It's at the ahjussi *the man who owned the field before* barn. Inside my backpack."

"Oh, okay," Seohyun stand and walked to the barn.

While that, Yonghwa quickly take out a box in his pocket, and dig the dirt until there a hole and he put it inside. Then he covered it by the dirt again. Then he waited for Seohyun coming.

"Here," Seohyun has reached there and give him the bottle.

"Thanks," Yonghwa said. "Hyun~ let's dig again, you dig over there," He said, pointing the place he put the box.

"Okay," Seohyun gladly do it, in order to find gogumas. She dig in and her equipment feel something. I guess it's a goguma, she thinks excitedly. She took out the thing at it is a box. "What is this?"

"What did you find?" Yonghwa pretending not to know anything.

"I also don't know," Seohyun said cluelessly.

"Open it,"

"Aniyo, we don't know who is the owner," Seohyun said.

"Just open it," Yonghwa demanded.

Seohyun argued, but Yonghwa argued back again. Finally, Seohyun give up.

"Fine, I'll open it," She said and inside the box, it's a ring with a paper. She opened the paper and read it.

To my lovely girlfriend, Hyun~

From the first time we met each other, I knew I have a things for you. Just that time I'm too young too understand what is it. What I knew is, I hate when other guys around you and how you talk to them comfortably. I want you to be comfortable only to me. Too selfish, I guess, but it what they called as love. It's weird, you know. I don't really like study and I'm childish. In other hand, you are focus on study or to say, you are in love with study. More, you are mature enough at the time when girls still like to be childish. We are the opposite of each other. But it what you called as love, to complementary and cherish each other. That's why you there, to be one with me. When I wrote this letter, I know for sure you are the one for me. I want you to read this letter at the place you love the most, Goguma Field.

Saranghae, Hyun~

From your lovely boyfriend, Jung Yong Hwa.

Seohyun wipe her tears as she had done reading the letter. "Yong~ you prepared a lot. But I'm happy enough as long as you are by my side."

"I will," Yonghwa said, back hugging her.

"Put this ring on my hand," She said, giving her hand.

"Tonight, we will be staying at a hotel I have booked. Are you okay with it? But before that, we will go fishing!" Yonghwa said excitedly.

Seohyun nodded.

----------------------------

It was 5 PM and they bring their gogumas with them. They went to the fishing lake, and Yonghwa put two chair there with the fishing equipments. Both of them sit and looked at each other.

"Let's fishing!" Seohyun shouted and began to fishing.

An hour passed and the sky is dark, but they haven't gotten a fish yet.

"AHHH," Yonghwa yelled out his lungs. "So boring," He complained.

"You're the one who make this plan," Seohyun muttered, patiently waiting.

"Akh, don't remind me about who makes the plan. It's annoyed me. I should have bring you to somewhere where you don't need to waste your time. I know time is precious to you."

"Not today," Seohyun said. "I want to feel every minutes with you. Even though we only wait for the fish to eat the bait."

Yonghwa blushed. It's the first time Seohyun said those kinds of words. "Yah, why are you flirting? You told me not too." He childishly patted Seohyun's back.

"I didn't. I just said the truth," She said, looking at him with serious face.

"Akh, don't give me that face, it's telling me that I'm doing something bad."

"You did, you said I'm flirting," Seohyun giggled.

"Fine, I give up, everything for you," Yonghwa smirked.

They chatted happily and not realizing the time.

"It's ten already," Seohyun said.

"Yeah, let's go,"

They walked hand in hand to the hotel. And of course, a forehead kiss before bed.