Start of Turbulence

Dream and Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Before you read this chapter, it's better to read the Author Notes first. Scroll down your screen XD

 

Chapter 20 Start of Turbulence

 

Yuto arrived at his residence. He was a bit exhausted after guarding Lady Mirai all day and night long without rest. He did not know what exactly happened during the opening of the festival. He found her sobbing in a hallway. It was breaking his heart to see her in that state.

After he escorted her back to the Outer Palace, he returned to report to Ryosuke only to get another surprise by seeing how cold Ryosuke’s reaction was. He sensed something bad had happened between them… again. But what was that? He bet Ryosuke would not spill even when he asked, as well as Lady Mirai. Should he ask Yuri instead? Yuri might know what happened as he was almost with Ryosuke all the time.

“You’re home?” a voice interrupted his thought.

He turned to find the speaker that no other than his father.

“Yes. I need a little rest.”

“Who is in your post then?”

“Oh, it is cousin Kento, my second in command.”

“When do you plan to return to the palace?”

He thought for awhile, “Maybe this evening.”

“Good. Take a rest first. After lunch I expect you in my study chamber.”

“Yes, Father.”

His father left him with a big question mark. What could his father need from him?

Yet as his fatigue started to take a toll on him, he decided to dismiss the thought for the time being. He went to take a good bath then sleep in his chamber.

After having lunch, he met his father in the study room. When he entered, his father had worn a serious look on his face.

“Father,” he announced his presence.

“Come in.”

He eyed his surroundings. It had been awhile since the last time he visit the chamber as he spent most of his time in the Outer Palace.

“Do you need something, Father?” He asked.

His father looked up from his paper and kept on staring him before he finally spoke.

“Stop your rendezvous, Yuto.”

He almost froze, yet hurriedly calmed himself to reply, “What do you mean, Father?”

“I knew you’re having a relationship with Lady Suzuka from Okamoto.”

This time he really froze. How can he know?

“I’m not as ignorant as you thought, Son.”

He opened and closed his mouth before finding the word to answer. “Why?”

“Because your relationship… it’s futile.”

He rebelled, “Why? Because she is an Okamoto and I am a Nakajima?”

“Yes.”

“Why should people judge a person only from the lineage?”

“Don’t start to reason with me, Yuto.”

“No, Father. I love her.”

“Yuto,” his father tone had dropped a level.

“I won’t leave her.”

“Don’t be foolish!” The voice of his father had risen.

“I promised her to stay by her side. I won’t break my promise!”

“Don’t repeat the sin, Yuto!”

He was dumbfounded. “S-sin? You call my love… sin?”

His father’s face darkened a shade, “Do not repeat the same mistake in our family, Yuto. You’ll regret it later.”

He frowned deeply. The same mistake? Is that mean there was someone had been in my situation before?

When he looked up to ask his father, he just realized that his father had gone.

**********

Ryosuke could not even describe what he felt this time when he faced Ryunosuke for another spar. The smirk on Ryunosuke’s face only reminded him of the scene he witnessed the day before and it boiled him inside.

The rage was not because of jealousy, he was sure of that. It was more likely because his pride had been hurt. No matter if his marriage was fake, but to the others’ eyes it was real. To have his wife kissed by another man in front of him, it was indeed a great insult.

“Ryosuke,” Keito called before the spar started.

“I don’t know why you’re angry,” Keito whispered to his ear, “But do remember to not lose control.”

He was a bit surprised that his brother could read him after he thought he had masked his feeling well.

“I understand,” his voice came out a little strained.

The signed had been given.

He eyed Ryunosuke’s movement. Seeing the open stance Ryunosuke posed, he realized Ryunosuke challenged him to strike first.

He narrowed his eyes in deep concentration.

The sword is not merely a weapon, but the extension of your heart.

The voice of General Shida from his time of training in the past echoed in his head.

Whatever you feel at the moment put it on your sword, not in your mind. Speak with the sword.

He tightened his grip on the hilt of his sword, lifting it a bit, downcast diagonally, at his right side.

You may be angry. Use your anger to sharpen your cut, improve the precision of your . Don’t let it enter your mind the moment you face your opponent.

“Scare to move first, Ryosuke?” He could hear the mock in Ryunosuke’s voice.

Strike without hesitation!

He planted his right foot firmer, shifted the left one, and bolted forward with his utmost speed and force.

Ryunosuke received the slash with his sword but the impact of the force had pushed Ryunosuke a few steps backward. The smirk on Ryunosuke’s face vanished completely.

Ryunosuke pushed back at him, and he sidestepped to evade the impact. Ryunosuke spun around to face him. He jumped backward several feet away, ready for the second strike. This time both of them lurched forward at the same time, meeting halfway in their sprint.

They danced around for some times. Sword clashed, attacked, and defended. Turn from one move to another one in a high speed. But no one had succeeded to inflict any wound.

For the nth time their sword clashed. Facing Ryunosuke’s face so close, he saw the resentment flared in Ryunosuke’s eyes and wondered to whom it exactly directed to. Then during their confrontation, the mocking smirk returned to Ryunosuke’s face.

“Do you know that the kiss from a woman as innocent as your wife is thrilling, Ryosuke?”

And the moment he heard the word ‘innocent’, the image of Mirai’s face flashed in his mind. How she smiled even at the small cause; how she had taken care of him; how she had looked at him with the glint full of affection; how she was fidgeting and blushing under his gaze…

She is too innocent to do such thing…

The realization came as clearly and brightly as the sun in the midday of summer; and it awoke another kind of rage inside him.

He forced her!

He saw his own reflection in Ryunosuke’s eyes blazing. He jumped backward only to gain force and returned to bolt forward for attacking.

They started another dance of the swords.

And when their sword pushed each other again, he put all his strength to his arms to shove Ryunosuke. When his opponent temporary lost balance, he tackled Ryunosuke’s feet swiftly, caused him to fall down. At the same time he jumped to his feet and stood before Ryunosuke’s sprawled form, his sword at Ryunosuke’s neck.

The moment stilled between them.

He looked down at Ryunosuke, eyes burned with menace, yet when he spoke his voice was low and cold.

“Touch her innocence once again, I won’t hesitate to kill you!”

Ryunosuke glared intensely back but did not utter a word.

Keito shouted announcing Ryosuke’s win in the spar.

He withdrew his sword from Ryunosuke and walked away.

“I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter