Chapter 1

Love Is 'Ouch'!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Mr Kim, your grandfather is on line one.”

Kim Myungsoo stared at the blinking red light on his desk phone. “Right” he said. “Thank you, Solbi. Please put him on hold.”

“He said that it’s a very important matter,” his assistant informed him.

“If it’s very important, he’ll wait. Or, just tell him, I’ll call him back.” Myungsoo said, and hung up the phone.

Kim Myungsoo, twenty-five years old, the only child of Kim Ye-eun, loves his grandfather, Kim Jaehon, dearly, but he didn’t need the old man meddling in his life matters. He knew why his grandfather called. He grabbed his keys and walked out of his office.

On his way out to his car, he stopped in the middle of the grand lobby of Kim Corp. It was five thirty in the evening. Deliberately he straightened his tie and pasted a smile on his face. Myungsoo was grinning from ear to ear, his mind whirling with glorious possibilities and satisfaction knowing that his grandfather was finally acknowledging the amazing things he achieved at his age.

Kim Corp. was founded by his grandfather, sixty-eight years old, and was planning his retirement soon. Myungsoo, being the only heir to the Kim family, was offered a promotion as vice president and was to take over the business. But his grandfather had set a rule that he must be married in order for him to get the promotion. If by the age of twenty-five he fails to bring home his soon-to-be wife, his grandfather will set a matchmaking date for him.

Myungsoo felt as if he was too young to take over the business and gave so many excuses to his grandfather.  Until recently, with the pressure from his grandfather, Myungsoo was ready to take the big step in his life, which was to get married with the girl of his life, Park Gyuri, a twenty-three years old beauty, that he had been dating for two years. When he met Gyuri at his company's annual dinner, she had just broken up with her boyfriend. They became close and enjoyed each other’s company. Now, Myungsoo realized that it was time for him to settle down and that Gyuri is the one for him.

He had planned it well. Everything was ready. All he had to do was to pop out the question. He couldn't allow anything to go wrong, not this time. Tonight’s dinner is a special dinner. This is going to be the night for him to propose to Gyuri.

There he is now, waiting at a table in a trendy Italian restaurant, dressed for a night out on the town. He glanced at his watch, saw that it was twenty minutes after seven and wondered what had happened to her. He had expected she would be there at least by seven.

Myungsoo smiled when he saw Gyuri stride in. He rose from his seat as Gyuri approached him. “Hi.” He said moving around the table to her, placing his hand on her waist and kissed her cheek.

“Hi.” She replied as she received the kiss. Myungsoo holds the chair out for her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter