Broken Contract

10 Days, Six Devils
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo P.O.V:

 

“Yes.”

Even though I predicted to hear this answer, I wasn’t ready for it.

I knew it’s very unlikely, but I really hoped for a different answer.

The way she said it, without any emotions made it even more hard for me to handle.

I planned all this so carefully before, I planned my speech for when she says yes or no but all the things I planned to say ran out of my head. I couldn’t get any words out.

My eyes became a bit watery but I stopped myself. This isn’t the time to be crying or to be weak in front of her. I’m supposed to get everything possible out of her instead of feeling pity.

“You betrayed us!” I suddenly exploded. That wasn’t what I planned to say but the mixed feelings of anger and sadness filled me.

This time even more people turned around to look at us.

“D.O dear, listen to me, I’ll explain everything to you but let’s go somewhere else there’s too much people here”

She tried to grab my arm but I stepped back again.

“No! I am not going anywhere until you tell me what’s all this about!!”

“Kyungsoo please, you got it all wrong. I will tell you everything but that’s not a very good place to talk”

I wanted to argue but she was right. It’s not safe as well to talk about such stuff  around other devils.

Without another  word we left the potion shop and quietly I followed after Hana.

We didn’t walk for too long. We stopped in the park.

It was the park where she found and adopted Sehun.

She sat down slowly on one of the benches and asked me to join.

Unwillingly I did, waiting for her explanation but in reality I don’t think her excuses will change anything. She lied to us, she betrayed us and most of all she hurt Sun-Yung by this. And even though I will forever be thankful for what she did for me I can’t forgive her this.

“Hurry up with whatever you want to say. I want to go and pack my stuff and leave that house as soon as possible” I said coldly.

Hana took a deep breath.

“Kyungsoo.. I shouldn’t be telling you this but I guess I  have no choice.”

Another deep breath.

“You see, I told you before that I’ve been living on exo k for a very,very long time am I right? Well, it’s been longer than you can imagine dear. I was here at the very start. I’m not just a devil Kyungsoo. I’m a divine”

I opened my eyes a bit more widely but said nothing.

“The council  setted up a small group of diviners whose job was to find out using our powers all together and write a prediction of how life on exo k will be like. I was one of the participants in this small group. I was supposed to be there, at the meeting where the book was supposed to be written but I couldn’t come. That day the council also setted up a law that didn’t allow women to have any sorts of powers and so I had to give up on my power and I wasn’t allowed to join in the meeting anymore.

However my very good old friend. Was at that meeting and right after it was done, he came over to see me.

He wasn’t supposed to do that but he asked me to do him a favour. A very dangerous and a big favour actually. He said thahe wants to sneak into the council where they keep the legend and change it before the council will put a spell on it and before it will be secure and protected. He said that what they have seen had been terribly wrong and that he can’t let it happen. The original prediction said that when ‘The One’ the girl that will arrive on exo k will be in a battle with the queen but in order to protect exo k she will sacrifice her life in a deal with the queen instead of more fighting and spilling blood of innocent devils and angels. However the queen wouldn’t keep her word and after the death of our hope she would take over exo k. Of course I am not allowed to write or even touch the book of prediction without my powers. My friend plan was to re-write himself but he needed my help. He messed up the prediction. I only helped him with it. Sun-Yung’s mother was supposed to be the one yes. That’s why my dear friend wrote that she will have a daughter. Now that’s where my part comes in. The favour he wanted from me was to raise guardians. Kyungsoo…”

She placed her hand gently on my tight wiping her tears with the other.

“I- I was supposed to find young men, raise them, make them feel like at home and train them into guardians so that when Sun-Yung will arrive you will take care of her. At first, I admit. I really did treat this as a job but after all we’ve been through, after your grateful smiles when I helped you, after giving you home, food and love.. I really started treating you like my own kids. I truly love each one of you, after spending so long I didn’t even think about the prediction anymore. My friend never told me all the details. In fact, he never told me how he re-wrote the prediction at all. He just told me what he wants me to do. And so I never knew the exact day when Sun-Yung was supposed to arrive. Your meeting with Sun-yung and her death wasn’t an accident. Of course, it was too re-written into the book. Once she arrives, my job was to protect her and grow her powers strong enough. And once that would be complete, the last thing he said to me was ‘Watch how our world becomes beautiful.’ “ She quoted.

“These were his orders. After he re-wrote the story and told me what I have to do he disappeared. He ran away to earth. What he did was more than illegal. If anyone would find out that he did he would be dead by now that’s why he had to run away. He didn’t even tell me where exactly. All I know is that he’s on earth. Kyungsoo, I knew him for a very very long time. We’ve been good friends since forever and I had no choice but to agree on all this. I trusted him with all my heart. But all I just told you was all he told me. These were my only orders to keep the prediction going. Raise you kids into guardians, protect Sun-Yung and then everything was supposed to be okay. But it isn’t. After I found out that Sun-Yung mother is dead and she became an angel I couldn’t under

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter