Song

The Girlfriend Stealer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I looked at my reflection in the mirror as the water dripped from my face.

I turned off the faucet before wiping my face using a paper towel.

I didn't sleep well last night because of staring too much at Kris' sleeping face.

I was about to enter his room again when I overheard their conversation.

"Kris, that girl killed your daughter and dumped you. She's also the reason why you lost your memory! How can you trust her again?"

I heard Qian's voice. I can tell that she's mad. I just hope that she won't cause any trouble. Kris needs to free his mind from stress, it might worsen his condition.

"But she's my wife. I married her. I'm not trusting on her, I'm trusting myself on this. I'm not a fool to marry that woman if I don't treasure her."

I bit my lip as my conscience started to whisper in my ears. I'm feeling more and more guilty but I can't do anything about it because Qian is right, I caused him a lot of troubles.

"Don't you think this is your chance to finally let go of her? Fate has given you this opportunity to finally get over Seohyun. But it seems like your digging your own grave rather than climbing up."

I panicked when Qian opened the door and started glaring at me. She walked past me. I was about to enter when she suddenly talked.

"You're so pretentious. I hope you're happy with what you are doing to him. You are making him suffer more and more."

She said and left.

I sighed and tried to compose myself before entering. I don't want to cause Kris more trouble, but I need to take care of him.

He's reading newspaper when I arrived. I quietly sat on the couch and just watch him.

"I can feel that I'm important to Qian. Who is she?" He put down the newspaper to look at me. "You are my wife. You should know who are the people around me."

I gulped and shook my head. "I don't know her, but I know that she's your friend."

"She cares about me too much. I'm feeling guilty for treating her that way."

I don't know what to say so I just looked down and bit my lip. I started playing with my fingers as I heard him sigh.

"I thought it won't be possible to erase what's inside the heart once you lost your memories but honestly, I can't feel anything right now." I looked at him and our eyes met. He is looking straight into my eyes and the sincerity in his look made my heart pound.

"Honestly, I don't know if I really did love you." He tapped his chest. "I thought if you lost your mind, your heart will lead you but it isn't. My heart is not helping me. Just like my mind, my heart seems empty."

A tear escaped my eye but I didn't look away nor wipe it. I don't want to break the eye contact we are sharing right now.

"You don't have to force yourself, Kris. Let yourself remember everything." Although I'm already shaking and anytime, I'll sob, I still want to talk to him. I want to let him know that I understand him and the situation that he's in.

"I'll be discharged this afternoon. I guess I'll be home for now. You should go to work."

I got up. "I'll take care of you." I said and he gave me a questioning look. "My work doesn't require my presence. I'll take care of you until your memories come back."

He nodded. "Qian told me that earlier but I rejected her offer. I'll let you take care of me because you are my wife."

A part of me wants to celebrate but the other part is feeling very sad. I can feel that he's telling me that he's only doing this because I am his wife and nothing more.

The door opened and Mrs. Wu came in. She ignored me and faced Kris so I sit on the couch again.

"You'll be discharged now. What do you want to eat?"She asked her son.

"I'm not hungry. I just want to go home and look for things that can bring back my memories." He sounded annoyed.

I looked away from them and scroll on my phone instead. I excused myself to call dad. Mom is still ann

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter