License

The Girlfriend Stealer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Kris, we need to talk!" Dad knocked which made me wake up from a light nap.

I wore my shirt before opening the door. "Dad?"

"Let's talk downstairs."

I nodded and followed him as he get down the stairs.

"Where's Tiff?" I asked when I noticed that she's not around the living room.

"Out with her Siwon." He answered and motioned me to sit beside him. "Read these."

I took the folder on his hand and quickly opened it. The papers consisted the history and the start of our company. It also showed the statistical reports and how the company developed through out the years. And on the last page is a blueprint of a building.

I looked at dad. "Expansion?" I can't hide the excitement on my voice when I saw the last part.

He smiled back then nodded. "Los Angeles, Kris. We'll have a new branch in LA. Thanks for your suggestions."

My jaw literally dropped and I can't help but shake my head in disbelief. I've been telling dad to extend the business in the US because it will be a great step on making the company more well-known. I must say that the company in Canada is doing great but LA is different. It will be a good asset for the company.

"I will let you handle it." Dad tapped my shoulder.

"LA. I can't believe it." I chuckled a bit when I realized that my dream is right here in this folder.

"I want you to be there while they're doing the construction." He sipped on his coffee before looking at me.

"When will it start?" I've waited for this. I just want to practice what I've learned.

"Whenever you want. It's yours, son."

My smile can't be erased as I dialled Seohyun's number. After my talk with dad, I can't help but feel proud about myself. I'm not a kid anymore. I will soon handle my own business and I'm so excited.

"Hello?" She picked up after a few rings. Her voice is husky.

"Good morning!" I greeted. "Did I wake you up?"

I heard her yawn on the other line. "No. It's ok. What made you call?"

I realized that I should tell it to her personally so I'll see her reaction. I told her that I'll come to their house to fetch her and we'll go to a nearby coffee shop to eat breakfast.

Before going to their house, I brought her flowers. I arrived and smiled when I saw her sitting on their couch with her parents while watching TV. But my smile faded when I saw that she's only wearing shorts and a shirt. I first greeted her parents before turning to her.

"You'll wear that while we're out?" I may sound like her father but I can't just let her walk around wearing limited clothes.

"Kris, let's stay here. Mom and dad will go somewhere."

I looked at her parents and they both nodded.

"You can stay here. You can ask the cook to make breakfast for you if you want." Auntie said and I just smiled.

Uncle stood up and tapped my shoulder. "We just waited for you. Take care of Seohyun."

They both stood up before leaving the two of us. I sat beside her and hugged her from the side. I put my chin on her shoulder and she faced me to give me a smile. She held my hand and played with my fingers.

"I have good news." She stopped and looked at me. "We'll have a new branch in LA." She widened her eyes.

"Really?" I nodded then she hugged me. "I'm so proud of you!" It feels different when those words came from her. Feels like I'm really great.

I removed from the hug. "Hyun, come with me. We'll go to LA." My smile faded when I saw how she looked away.

This is not right. She's supposed to say yes and come with me but why do I feel like she'll do the other way around. Or am I expecting too much.

I cupped her face to let her look at me. "Hey. Dad gave me that company. That is ours, Hyun. We should be there while witnessing how it's done." She removed my hands on her face before facing me.

"Kris, I can't. That is your dream. I'm willing to wait for you. I'll promise I'll be here." She showed me her hand and the diamond ring sparkled. "We're engaged. After the construction of that building, I'll be an engineer and we can get married for real."

I shook my head as a sign of disapproval. "Then I'll not go to LA." She also shook her head as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter