Happy Birthday!

The Girlfriend Stealer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I've been reviewing like a mad cow for the last weeks since the second exam will happen after two months. After my phone shut down on the day that I called Kris, I never charged it again. I don't want to get distracted. I want to focus on my exam, I'll handle my love problems later.

"Kris called again." Mom sat on the chair in front of me. I am in the living room, reading a book. "Are you willing to ignore him forever?" She sighed and I closed the book.

"Umma, I'm busy. I need to get my license." I said and went back on reading so she'll stop asking questions.

At first, she attempted to talk but didn't bother to speak. She just excused herself since she needs to go to work.

I sighed when she left. I haven't told anyone about what I heard. I haven't told them that Kris is with someone else. I'm scared that they'll interfere with our problem. I want to deal with my own problems, I'm not a child anymore.

If we will end this relationship, I'll be willing to endure the pain alone. Everyone is too involved with our relationship and I don't think it is right. Our parents, our friends and even some people around us; they knew almost everything that had happened between us.

Privacy. Right now, I want some privacy. Besides, I don't want to tell everyone that our relationship is on the verge of ending. It will make me sad even more. Everyone will try to console me and they will pity our relationship.

"You look so stressed!" I was shocked by Tiffany's voice.

"Why do you always love to shout?" I sighed as she sat beside me and looked at the book that I just closed.

"What will we do this Saturday?" She asked and grabbed the chocolates and started eating it.

"I don't know. Do you plan to go out? I can come but I need to be home early. I need to study." I said as a matter of fact.

She widened her eyes and put her hands on my shoulder before shaking me. "Oh my Seohyun! It's your birthday on that day! For pete's sake, girl! Seems like your memory got washed out because of studying too much!" She fanned herself and rolled her eyes at me.

I can't believe it! I forgot my own birthday. I'm the only person in this planet to forget her freaking birthday! Oh my. What is happening to me?!

I sat up straight and brushed my hair using my hand. "Alright. I'll ask mom to let us celebrate my birthday here."

She pouted. "You're really boring! I'll ask auntie about it. We can bring alcoholic beverages. We will have a party in your house, not just a classy celebration." She rolled her eyes.

I frowned. "Tiff, we can do that after my exam. As of now, I need full concentration-"

"Seohyun, please. What is wrong with you? Last time I checked, you partied with us on a bar and you didn't complain!" She said, cutting me.

I sighed, defeated by her forceful demand. "Alright, but we'll only invite close friends."

She clapped her hands and squealed. "I'm so excited!"

I can only shake my head, but somehow, I think Tiffany is right. I need to take a break from using my brain.

 


'Retro Style Birthday Party.'

That was Tiffany's idea. She told me that since I'm turning 25 today, it will be fun to make this day classy but still youthful.

I'm wearing an orange pink blouse, blue jeans and a pair of blue, not so high, high heels. I also put a haurband on and my hair is wavy.

"Hyun, Tiffany is here. I need to go now. Happy birthday. Tomorrow, we will go to your grandparents' house, ok?" Mom kissed me and I waved at her.

She already told me ahead of time that we will visit jobumo's house on my birthday, but since they have work today, she moved it tomorrow.

"I asked Siwon to fetch our friends so they won't have to call me and ask for your address." She sat on my bed and stare at my reflection. I'm currently sitting in front of the mirror.

"You mean your friends. I don't have any other friend except from you." I softly laughed.

"My friends are also your friends, Hyun." She wiggled her brows.

With that move, I suddenly remember someone. Someone who loves to wiggle his brows whenever he is teasing me.

I sighed and got up. "Alright! Let's go down and see if the food is ready." I said and she followed me.

"Happy birthday, Seohyun!!!" The squeals of the girls shocked me.

They all run to me and hugged me. I just laughed although I'm feeling a little awkward. We're not even that close!

They all got gifts to me. I thank them for those and told them to just put it on the mini table.

Tiffany is laughing beside me so I rolled my eyes at her. She knew that I'm feeling uncomfortable!

I told them to go to the kitchen so they can start eating. They are so noisy. I guess, they really missed eachother. Some of them are already working while the others are still resting and looking for work.

I looked for Siwon to invite him to eat but he is nowhere to be found.

"Where's your boyfriend?" I whispered at Tiffany who is laughing at what Sunny told her.

She turned to me and whispered also. "He is inviting the boys. You know him, he feels gay when he is surrounded by girls."

We both chuckled at what she said.

"All of our engineering batchmates are so focused in studying. They are literally dying."Sunny said which made everyone laugh.

I frowned and Tiffany saw me so she laughed even more. "Don't say something like that Sunny! Our birthday girl might get hurt." She teased and I just rolled my eyes at her.

"You talk as if you're not an engineering graduate!" Sunny said and it made Tiffany pout.

"Well, I am but I'm more into fashion and besides appa will give me my own business." She defended herself.

"Aish you spoiled kids! I suddenly remember my cousin, Jessica. She is also a spoiled brat like you." She attacked Tiffany again but my bestfriend just shrugged her shoulders.

"Omo! Have you heard that V and Cammy are now engaged?" Hani said while swiping her phone.

She caught everyone's attention so they mobbed her.

They are talking about our batchmates who always fight but now, they are engaged and soon, will marry each other.

I don't know why knowing that makes me want to cry.

I sighed and pour water on my glass to calm myself.

"It will cost us a lot! If Seohyun and Kris will also have their wedding this year, we need to buy new clothes!" Hani said but excitement is more evident on her tone more than worried.

I awkardly smile and gulped the water.

I squealed when I heard a popping sound behind me.

"Happy birthday, Seohyun!!!"

The boys shouted in unison and it made me slap their arms.

"You scared me!" I rolled my eyes and they all laughed.

"We miss you!" Onew greeted and hugged me.

"Hey! Kris will kill you if he sees this scene." Yunho teased but hugged me anyway. "I'll just tell him to forgive me just this day." He chuckled and I smiled.

"Stop hugging her, please. Kris will kill me. No man can touch her. That was what he told me before he go." Siwon threatened them but they just laugh it off.

"Come on! Ea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter