Unbreakable

The Girlfriend Stealer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After we ate dinner and cleaned up, I got up the stairs to find Kris.

What grandma said to him was  harsh. She treated him so bad earlier and I know, it hurt him. He is acting tough but after knowing him, I knew how vulnerable he is when it comes to things like that.

I found him on the veranda, leaning on the railings while looking outside.

I sighed and quietly approached him. I stood by his side and he moved a bit to give space for me.

"Are you alright?" I asked as I stared at him. The reflection of the stars are so clear in his eyes.

He gulped. "I'm alright. I've been hated by a lot of people althroughout my entire existence."

He is sad. I know that tone very well.

I hugged him from the side. "I'm sorry for that. Grandma is too hard on you."

"I deserve all of these challenges. I've been a bad guy, so I can't have you easily. I have to suffer a lot because you are too good for me."

The sadness of his tone made me want to hug him more. I hate hearing this, but I also like it. It is when he's sad, he tells me all what is on his mind.

"I stole you from Luhan. He is my cousin, but I still betrayed him. Luhan was so good to me but I broke his heart. I broke his trust on me. But, I deserve you and you deserve me. That's what I held on while acting so damn evil. I can't be without you and that's what fumed me up, that made me so eager to have you. I'm sorry if I hurt you along the way."

I'm crying right now. It hurts hearing him like this. I always see him as someone strong and seeing him weak like this is so heartbreaking. I'm the only person who can make him cry or make him sad, and I'm not proud of that.

"I'm not here to please everyone, I'm only here to please you. You're the only one who matters so much to me." He removed from the hug and cupped my face as his thumbs wipe my tears. "Tell me, Hyun... Do you think it's bad that I'm too dependent on you? I know you wanted to have space between us but I can't do that. I tried, Hyun, but I'm not fond of that. Is it wrong? Do you dislike it?"

I pushed him away last time not because I wanted to, but because my love for him forced me to do so. I want what's best for our future that I forget to live life as it is.

I encircled my hands on his neck as I shook my head. "When I said that I love you, it means that I accept you as you are. Depend on me, Kris. I don't care if they think that this is bad. I need you to depend on me at all times."

He smirked and kissed me on the forehead before hugging me again. "You can depend on me too, Hyun. Always."

I hugged him tighter then we heard someone coughed behind us.

We removed from the hug and saw grandma eyeing us like she's watching an awkward drama.

"Seohyun, you'll sleep on the other room with me and your mom. And you," she looked at Kris, "you'll sleep with her father and grandpa. It's getting late, you should sleep." She said before going inside the room.

I sighed and Kris chuckled.

"Yah! How can you manage to laugh in this kind of situation?!" I hissed at him.

"It feels like we're still teenagers that have curfew."

We both laughed before saying good night to each other and going inside our rooms.

Mom is already sleeping. She's tired because of work. While grandma is lying on the bed and is looking at me with her sleepy eyes.

"Grandma, you should sleep." I told her as I lie between them.

"I don't hate your boyfriend. I just need to test him. As your grandma, I want the best for you." She softly whispered but the frimness on her tone is very evident.

"Grandma, Kris may not be the best for you or for anyone else but I'm sure that he is the best for me."

After I said that, she didn't talk anymore. I just shrugged it off. I understand her being so overprotective of me, but she needs to know that I'm on the right age to decide on my own.



I woke up late because I slept late for thinking too much. I folded my blankets since their blankets are already folded on the corner.

I got down the stairs and saw mom and grandma preparing food for lunch on the kitchen while dad and grandpa are busy watching tv. I looked around and didn't see Kris.

Dad looked me. "He is in the garden." He said althought I'm not yet asking.

I nodded and grandpa chuckled.

"That kid is trying so hard to please a beautiful woman on the kitchen." He whispered at me and I can only smile.

I looked at the kitchen but they're both busy.



When I stepped in the garden, my slippers got stuck on the soil. I lifted it and continued walking towards Kris, although it's hard. The soil is now on my feet and it makes me feel a little bit uncomfortable.

He is only wearing a black sleveless shirt, pair of ripped jeans and rubber boots that I think he borrowed from grandpa.

He is watering the plants then afterwards

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter