Always

The Girlfriend Stealer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I put flowers on my parents' tombstone before lighting the candles that I brought with me. It's been a while since I last visited here.

The Wus are really good-hearted people. They didn't hide the truth from me. I grew up knowing where my real parents are and what had happened to them. I'm so thankful that I was given to them. Fate is not that bad at all, I've lost something but I gained something in return.

Seohyun is busy with her exam to finally work as an engineer. I've never seen her for half a year because she told me that she needs focus and I'm a big distraction to her. She'll pass that exam, I'm sure about that.

I really want to see her but I'm going to marry her anyway so I think, a little sacrifice is alright. After our marriage, I will never let her be away from me. I'm not used to living a day without her anymore.

"Long time no see."

I stood up when I saw Mr. Li standing while Kim Taewoo is holding the umbrella for him.

"Where's his wheelchair?" I asked Taewoo.

"He don't want to use it." Taewoo reasoned out while placing the flowers next to the ones that I brought.

"I can walk." Mr. Li blurted out. "Let us sit."

At first, I thought he'll sit on the grass but when Taewoo put out a folding chair, I realized that I'll be the only one who will sit on the grass.

He whispered something to Taewoo and he leave us afterwards.

"I'm sure you know everything about your real family." His eyes is fixed on my parents' tombstone. "Greg is a nice guy." He added.

Dad and mom told me everything when I was just 7 years of age. Dad is my father's bestfriend and business partner. They've been friends since college and they kept the friendship until they both got married. They said that my real parents have been receiving death threats from other companies.

"I know you're still mad at me." He let out a long sigh but he's still not looking at me.

The only secret that they kept was the real reason why my parents were killed, but I found out when I've overheard their conversation one time. Mr. Li was the reason why it happened. Because of his wanting to make the competition from other companies vanish, he made a scam. Eventually, the other companies found out about it which made them do that dehumanizing deed. The suspects were imprisoned but they commited suicide, ending the case and issues about it.

"I've always wanted to have a grandson but seeing you is like a nightmare. My conscience is bugging me that's why ..." He trailed off.

"That's why you gave me to dad." I continued his sentence.

"But I realized that I'll forever be guilty about it. The only way to heal the wound is you" He removed his glasses then wiped his eyes.

He is crying.

"I was wrong when I made that scam. I was wrong when I hid the truth. I was so wrong for not giving my name, your father's name to you. You are a Li. You are supposed to be a Li but because of my selfishness, I took that right away from you."

He managed to face me although he is still crying before saying, "I'm sorry."

'If you truly want happiness, learn to forgive.' Seohyun said that once to me. I am happy but I guess, I'm not yet truely happy because I'm not yet complete. I want to be whole before marrying her. This is all for you Seohyun, always for you.

I stood up and hugged him. He is sobbing and I can't help but smile while tearing up a little.

"That sorry should be for my parents and for the people you've hurt, you don't have to say sorry to me. I am thankful because of you. You did the right thing because you let me experience how it feels to have parents, a sibling and friends. I thank you for that be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter