Stay

The Girlfriend Stealer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yah, oppa! You should let the pregnant lady sit." Tiffany whispered at me.

We're currently on a train, heading back home after we attended a friend's birthday celebration.

"Her husband should be there with her. It's not my obligation to take care of her." I frowned at my sister and eyed the lady once again. "And besides, I'm not planning to take care of a pregnant woman. Never." I added and leaned my head on my seat before closing my eyes.

"What do we expect from him? Guys like him are useless."

I heard Seohyun whispering to my sister.

I put off my earphones and looked at her. "Yah... You talk like I'm not here."

"I don't care, I'm telling the truth anyway. I feel like you're going to be a rude husband and a mean father. Oh wait! Maybe you're not going to be both. You'll just loiter around with different girls everyday because you hate committments so much." She rolled her eyes and raised her brow at me.

She then began talking about her plan on dyeing her hair to Tiffany like she didn't say something offensive. She's so arrogant!

I stood up and asked the pregnant woman to take my seat. She thanked me and sat beside Tiffany.

I didn't look at them. I just look outside. I don't want to see their mocking looks.

I really don't know! I set my ego higher than the sky but when it comes to her, I surrender easily. She can step on my ego anytime and I'll let her which I've never done to anyone else, even with my family.

I glanced at her and she's quietly laughing while listening to my sister.

Now you're enjoying victory, huh?! You're always happy everytime I'm doomed. And I'm always ready to accept defeat. I'm always defeated by you.



They began the operation as soon as I told the head doctor my decision.

And here I am just staring at the floor while reminiscing all our memories that I can say, are connected to what is happening to us right now.

I remembered the book that she was reading before I asked her to date me. It's a book about a choice.


"How many choices does the character have?" I asked and saw how she sighed like she really hate my existence.

"Well. He only has two: wait for her to recover or unplug the machine to stop her from suffering." She said and I can only think how dramatic that book was.

"Why do we need to choose between things that we know if we only have one thing in mind. I mean choices make life complicated." I grunted and she squintted her eyes at me.

"Yes it does. But it also made us smart. It teach us on how to balance things. Our personalities are seen in the choices we make."

/END OF FLASHBACKS/




I stopped my car and grabbed the flowers at the back seat before going out.

The wind welcomed me and I almost go back and drive away but I want to face reality. I want to stop myself from thinking that everything's just the same when in fact, it is not.

After the operation, I lost two persons that I love the most. I lost not just my daughter, but also my wife.

Today, it's not just my parents I'll visit. It feels weird because it's my first time visiting this place again. I avoided the cemetery since that incident occured but it has been four years and it's my birthday. I want to be here with them.

I sat on the grass and removed the dried flowers on a mini vase before replacing it with the fresh ones.

"You're really something Wu Ju Hyun. Sorry if I only faced you today, daddy is afraid." I gulped and just stared at the sky.

Even if I'm already here, the pain in my chest didn't subside. I thought the pain will stop once I faced this but I was wrong.

I started crying. Damn. I never cried after that but now that I'm here, I'll let it all out. I'll let all my tears out today and after this, it's over.

The thunder roared and I already know that it's going to rain but I will not leave. I will stay here just for this day. I will spend my birthday here. If I can die here, it's fine with me. My life is meaningless anyway.

The rain poured and I welcomed it. I hope the rain drops will wash away the pain that I'm feeling or if not, I hope it will hurt me more. Hurt me more until I die.

I closed my eyes and let my tears fall as hard as the rain.

I opened my eyes realizing that the rain might have already stopped, but I was wrong. It's still falling hard but I can't feel it.

Am I starting to feel numb?

I looked up and saw an umbrella.

I stood and was taken aback when I saw the woman that I love the most.

I saw how she wiped her tears when our eyes met.

"Hyun..." I whispered.



The doctor told us that we should all sleep because even if the operation ends, they still need to make her rest.

I can't sleep that day and when morning came, I quickly went to see her.

"The operation is done. The mother is now conscious."

I nodded at the doctor before going inside

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter