Driving Away

The Girlfriend Stealer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Kris POV)

"Jia's not in her good condition right now, Kris. We've talked to her doctor and they said that she's been hurting herself due to depression."
I'm here in the Meng's mansion again to discuss their partnership with our business but it turns out the other way 'round. I sigh and massage my temple.
"Look Mrs. Meng, I understand ok? I know that your daughter is in the hospital and she needs medication. But I'm here to talk about business and nothing more."
I try to sound polite as possible. I don't want to ruin our company’s name just because of this.
"I know Kris and I'm sorry. I just thought you could help us with this. Jia needs you. She barely talks! When you visited yesterday, that's the only time she started talking. She hopes that you can visit her often. That's what I'm asking. That's the only favor that I want you to do Kris. That is all."
We are looking at each other's eyes. I can feel her pain. I understand her; she's a mother that only wants what's good for her daughter. I close my eyes and sigh before nodding.
"Alright, I'll try. Thanks for signing and being our business partner."
I formally said and shake her hand.
"Thank you. Thank you so much."
She hugs me and starts to sob. I can't help but feel sad for them but I can't do anything. I guess that's the only help that I can give them.

(Seohyun's POV)
I feel so happy today and I don't know why. All I know is I'm baking a cake for Kris. I've heard that their company will have their new branch in Australia.
"What's with that big smile?"
I almost ruin the icing when mom appeared out of nowhere.
"Aish you surprised me umma."
She just laughs and sits on the chair.
"Is that for Kris?"
She asked as she watches me do all these things.
"Yes. I've heard that they'll have their new branch in Australia. I just want to congratulate him."
She nods while I put the cake in the oven. Hmm.. I'll wait for 10 minutes.
I sit next to mom and she drapes her arm on my shoulder.
"Tell me honestly Hyun. Who weighs more? Kris or Luhan?"
I squinted my eyes at her and shake my head.

"Umma.. I can't answer that."

She sighs and taps my shoulder.

"I understand. But in my opinion, you're in love with Kris and that thing you felt with Luhan is just puppy love. It's ok Hyun. That's what happened to me before. I used to hate your dad but look at us now."

I sigh when my phone buzz. Mom looks at me and sit up before leaving me alone in the kitchen. I quickly answered the call without looking who the caller was.

"Hello?"

"Hyun.. Shim-- shimjang."

“Lu—Luhan, why?”

I got up from my seat to drink some water. It took him few seconds before he continue on talking.

“How’ve you been?”

“Nothing really. Why did you call all of a sudden?

“I just want to clear things between us.”

I heard him sigh on the othe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter