Flower Scent

LOVE RIOT

12:05 pm, School Cafeteria

 

                “Hey, Shin you look so serious. Are you thinking about what happened earlier? Don’t worry we won’t tell anyone.” teased Ohjiro.

                “Idiot! You’re crazy again.” answered Shinji shaking his head.

                 “Well, what are you thinking then?” asked Hatsuharu.

                “It’s my mother’s birthday tomorrow and there will be a party, of course you’re invited. And I’m worrying about what gift to give her.” he explained. “Yui, why aren’t you eating your food?”

                “I don’t like the food.” he replied.

                “Why don’t you just give her the same gift like last year?” Kentaro asked.

                “Yui, why are you so picky? You whine like a girl.” said Shinji disapprovingly. “No, Ken. I’m not giving my mother the same gift as last year, which will be a mistake. No one on their right mind will give a special person the same gifts.”

                “Ken is not in his right mind.” said Ohjiro.

                “Shut up, Jiro! So what do you plan to give your mom?” asked Kentaro trying to strangle Ohjiro.

                “That’s my problem, I don’t know what to give her.” he said thoughtfully.

                “Why don’t you ask someone for help?” asked Ryuuzaki.

                “Wow, call a friend. Who wants to be a millionaire?!” shouted Ohjiro.

                “Cool! Nice idea, Ryu.” agreed Kentaro.

                “Will you two, shut up?” Yuichi’s question sounded like an order.

                “No.” answered the two together while Hatsuharu can’t stop laughing.

                “Get out of here.” said Ryuuzaki. “Anyway Shin, why don’t you just ask one of our classmate’s opinion, a girl’s point of view.”

                “I agree.” said Kentaro.

                “Yeah, Ryu. I think I’ll follow your advice, thanks.” nodded Shinji.

                “Nice one, Ryu.” laughed Ohjiro.

                “Oh shut up, moron!” said Ryuuzaki irritably. “Or I’ll shut it for you.”

                “Yeah, whatever.” he shot back.

                “I don’t know who to ask, Ryu.” said Shinji thinking.

                “Whoever you want.” he answered.

               

                Shinji was standing in the school gates for half an hour waiting for Sayako to ask for her help, when he saw Saori who greeted him.

               

                “Hi, Saori.” he said.

                “Hi, Shinji. What are you doing here?” she asked.

                “Ah, I’m waiting for someone. Did you see Sayako?” ha said.

                “I didn’t notice her.” she replied. “Are you waiting for her?”

                “Uhm…ah...no.” he decided to answer.

                “Okay, I have to go.” she waved him goodbye.

               She's a little disappointed that he was waiting for Sayako but she guess even Shinji have girls to like. Saori was about to get a cab when Shinji called her name.He followed and approached her.

                “Hey wait up!” he called.

                “Why? Did you forget something?” she asked confused.

                “Ah…I have…” he uttered incoherently.

                “Do you have a problem?” she asked concerned.

                “Well, yeah. Sort of.” he admitted. “I’m just going to ask for a little favor, if you don’t mind.”

                “Sure, what is it?”

                “It’s my mother’s birthday tomorrow and I don’t know what to give her.” he explained.

                “A gift huh? Let’s see. What’s your last gift to her?” she asked eager to help him.

                “I gave her a jewelry set last year.”

                “You’re that rich huh?” she smiled. “Well I don’t really now much about fancy gifts so I will suggest that you gave her a bouquet of flowers and a nice long hand-written letter.”

                “Flowers? Letter?” he said confused.

                “Yeah. Just so that you can show that you love her in a way that it comes from the heart not because it’s expensive, like giving a set of jewelries.” she explained patiently.

                “Oh okay.” he smiled. “Yeah, I think that’s great. Thank you.”

                “You’re welcome.” she smiled.

                “Uh, but there’s another problem.” he said tentatively.

                “What is it?”

                “I don’t know which flower to give her. Do you mind coming with me in the flower shop? So I can see which one to buy?” he asked.

                “Right now?” she asked surprised.

                “Uh, yeah. If you don’t mind.” he said.

                “Okay.”

               

At the flower shop Shinji was having trouble looking for flowers that will fit the occasion while Saori was in the verge of laughing aloud.

               

                “Shinji, are you okay?” she asked smiling.

                He looked at her and saw her smiling. “Uh, no.”

                “Here let me help you. Since it’s for your mom, I think you should give her red and white roses. What do you think?” she said.

                “Okay I’ll buy them. You’re the expert.” he laughed with relief.

                “Of course.” she said as Shinji talked to the saleslady to order two dozens of red and white roses.

                “I told them to deliver it tomorrow. I’m glad it’s over. Thank you Saori you gave me less to think about.” he said gratefully.

                “It’s nothing and don’t forget about the letter. Just write what you want to tell her.” she said as they got out of the house.

                “Okay. Will you go to the party?” he asked.

                “I’m sorry but I have an important errand to do tomorrow.” she apologized.

                “Well, maybe next time.” he said. “C’mon I’ll get you home.”

                “Actually, I’m meeting a friend. I think I’ll just ride a taxi.” she answered.

                “You didn’t tell me. Did I ruin your schedule?” he said concerned.

                “No, not at all. Don’t worry.” she assured him.

                “Are you sure you don’t want a ride?”

                “Yeah.” she smiled.

                “Okay.” he said and waved for a taxi.

                “Bye.” said Saori she just can’t help but smile at herself as she got inside the taxi and Shinji waved at her.