Big Party

LOVE RIOT

8:00 pm, Maki’s Residence

 

            The Maki’s Residence where full of music noise and babble of people speaking. There were chairs and tables on the large lawn and a large stage in the front part. A big banner is plastered at the center of the stage ‘Happy Birthday, YUICHI!’ it says. It’s Yuich’s 17th birthday and all of his families and friends were there.

 

                Yuichi is on his room lounging on his bed and playing on his PSP when his friends entered.

               

                “Happy birthday man!” greeted Ohjiro who sat down on Yuichi’s bed.

                “Yui, what are you doing here?” asked Kentaro and Yuichi look up at him. He pointedly showed him what he’s doing and Kentaro rolled his eyes.

                “It’s your birthday party, Yui. You should be outside entertaining your friends.” Shinji said leaning in the door way.

                “My mom’s going to take care of that.” he replied and turned his attention back at what he’s doing.

                “You should at least be present down there.” Hatsuharu said walking at a display cabinet.

                “What are you bothering me for?” he demanded. “Go to your girlfriends.”

                “C’mon you go out there just for awhile.” Ohjiro said and grabbed the PSP. He threw it at Ryuuzaki who chucked it on the nearest trash can.

 

                Yuichi is about to hit Ohjiro when all of them grabbed him by the arm and started dragging him outside.

 

                Outside Saori is so amazed by the Maki’s house. A proof of their status in life is a big mansion clearly built by an excellent architect. Her friends were dancing with each other in the middle of the dance floor and she declined when they invited her. She would rather sit here in a corner and watch them at a distance. The party is great and full of people; she just can’t appreciate it that much because of the pretty and y girls littered on the dance floor. She hasn’t seen Yuichi around even though it’s his party and she expected him to mingle with every girl here because of his title at school being a playboy.

 

                She’s trying to fix her dress when a boy approached and sat down beside her.

 

                “Hi miss.” he greeted. “I’m Rex.”

                “Uhm, hello.” Saori replied not bothering to give my name.

                “Sorry to bother you.” he said smiling. “I wonder if you want to dance with me. It’s a great party.”

                Saori shook her head and said. “I don’t like to dance. Thanks for the offer anyway.”

                “Oh c’mon, just one dance. Please?” he persuaded me.

 

                Beside the stage Yuichi is still being dragged by his friends and he escaped their hold one by one.

 

                “Will you please stop dragging me?” Yuichi said irritably.

                “That’s what you get when you don’t want to go peacefully.” said Ryuuzaki.

                “What do you want me to do?” he demanded.

                “We just want to present our gift to you.” Shinji said and Yuichi looked at him suspiciously.

                “What gift?” Yuichi asked.

 

                Kazumi approached them and stood at Shinji’s side. She tip-toed and whispered something to him.

 

                “Really?” Shinji asked and Kazumi nodded. “That’s perfect timing.”

                “What are you two talking about?” asked Yuichi, frowning.

                Kazumi laughed and gave Yuichi a kiss on the cheek. “Happy Birthday, Yui. I hope you take care of our gift, it’s from all of us.”

 

                Yuichi thanked her absentmindedly thinking what that gift could be. Kazumi left and Yuichi turned to his friends. “What are you guys up to?”

                “How can you talk to us like that when we only wanted to give you something special for your birthday?” asked Hatsuharu.

 

                All his friends were looking at him like as they were really offended by their reaction and he felt guilty. He really don’t want this party but he have to enjoy for his friends sake.

 

                “Fine, there’s no need to be melodramatic.” he surrendered. “Where’s my gift then?”

                “Oh she’s right there, being courted by your cousin.” said Ohjiro pointing at Saori’s direction.

 

                Yuichi’s eyes narrowed and he walked towards that direction. He grabbed Rex by the scruff of his shirt and said, “Is this boy bothering you?”

 

                Saori looked at her and stood up. “Yuichi.”

                “I was just asking her for a dance.” Rex said grinning stupidly.

                “You don’t have a right to dance with her.” Yuichi growled and Rex buckled.

                “Why not?”

                “Because I said so. Now, go.” Yuichi ordered and Rex went away.

                “Sorry, that’s my cousin he likes to flirt with girls.” Yuichi explained.

                “I guess it runs in the family.” Saori joked.

                “Is that supposed to say something about me?” Yuichi asked.

                “Maybe.” she smiled. “You’re nowhere to be seen so I can’t be sure.”

 

                Yuichi pinched her cheek and said. “Ah you’ve been looking for me.”

                Saori pouted and handed her a gift. “For you, happy birthday.”

                “Thanks.” he said taking the gift a little surprised. “Can I open it now?”

                “Sure.”

 

                The box is light and rectangular. Yuichi undid the wrapping and a black box appeared he opened it and he smiled hugely. Inside is a bracelet, black in color and with an oval pendant bearing his name in cursive writing.

 

                “It isn’t much, but I hope you like it.” she said blushing,

                “I will always wear it.” Yuichi said as Saori helped him put it on.

 

                Yuichi admired the bracelet and turned to her. “Will you dance with me?”

                “Okay.” Saori said and Yuichi lead him on the dance floor.

 

                The people parted and Saori felt quite satisfied as the girls look at her with envy. The music changes into a softer tune and they started to dance.

 

                “Thank you for coming.” Yuichi said.

                “Your friends will kill me if I don’t.” Saori joked.

                Yuichi laughed but he’s face turned serious again. “This is the best gift they’ve given me.”

                “What do you mean?” Saori asked a little confused.

                “Getting you here for my birthday party.” he said.

                “Oh.”

                “And I guess I should take this opportunity and give myself a gift too.” he said looking at her straight in the eyes.

 

                Saori held her breath for what he would say and she wasn’t disappointed. “I love you and I want to be faithful only to you. So if you will accept me, I wouldn’t promise but I will do my best to make you happy and love you everyday.”

                “When your friends told me that you love me I didn’t believe them. I though who am I to be loved by a guy who receives so many attention from different girls, but now that I hear it from you all I can say is: I accept and I love you too.”

 

                Yuichi smiled at me and said, “I hope you’ll not hit me if I do this.”

 

                Saori smiled at him and allowed him to kiss her in front of everyone. At least they know now who holds Yuichi’s heart.