The Dance

LOVE RIOT

 

10:02am, Class 1-A, Blue Building

 

            This is a very beautiful day for the students of Class 1-A because today is Friday and that means tomorrow is their day to relax after the exams that they’ve been through. Ms. Isuzu meets them a little earlier to congratulate them for a job well done for their examinations. She called the class attention because she has important things to discuss to them.

 

                “First I want to all congratulate you for doing your best in this examination week. Just seeing your test papers I can say that I’m satisfied.” she smiled approvingly.

 

“You all did well. I’m here to announce something. You are all now in the last phase of your high school year and after that you will be starting college. The school administration wants you to fill up this form that will determine what you want to take in college. You will be assessed by this rather than making you take up an aptitude test. This will be passed after a month, to give you a lot of time to decide on what you want.” she explained as she handed out the forms.

 

                They all read the questions interestedly as one by one the forms are being passed. Some are worried because they still don’t want to enter college because they haven’t decided on what they want. The class is starting to get noisy that’s why Ms Isuzu addressed again her class.

 

               “I have another matter to discuss with you.” she said in a voice that orders them to attention. “This coming Sunday there will be a dance in our school. And it’s not any ordinary school dance. It will be a Girl-ask-Boy Dance. This is actually your reward for doing great in the exams. The coordinators made a little twist so that girls will have the ‘power’ to choose. However the girls can only ask within this class.” she announced.

                “What?” asked Kazumi disbelievingly. Every girl in the classroom murmured assent on what Kazumi said. They obviously didn’t agree with the idea of asking out a guy for a school dance. Everyone disagreed except Haruka.

                “Wow, this is fun.” she said approvingly.

                “What’s fun about this?” asked Minako to Haruka pouting her lips. “This is not good.”

                “This is not exciting.” said Sayako.

                “I don’t like this.” said Saori with her friends.

               “How about you Erie, are you going to the party?’ Sayako asked.

               “It depends. I don’t know.” she answered simply.

               “What’s wrong with you girls?” Haruka asked, confused on what her friends are acting.

              “Oh, I don’t know.” answered Saori. “The mere thought of asking a guy out for a party is not in my liking. I think many agree.” she said and the girls near them nodded.

               “This is our chance to ask the boy we like.” Haruka explained.

               “I think it’s a boy’s duty and privilege to ask a girl out.” commented Minako.

               

              As the girls continued to protest, the boys clearly liked the idea and they’re having their own conversation in a corner. The discussion is of course led by Yuichi.

 

                “Ha-ha. This will be fun.” laughed Yuichi looking at the girls. “I wonder who will ask me out.”

                “The only boys who will be asked by many girls are the R.H.Y Bachelors.” said their classmate.

                “This is not fun. This is a nightmare.” said Sayako who heard what Yuichi said.

                “Enough. We’re not in a market.” said Ryuuzaki.

               

                Ms. Isuzu can’t take the noise and the girl’s disapproval that’s why she sighed and speak again.

 

                “I know that this will happen eventually, that’s why I thought of a way for us to compromise.” she sighed. “You’re the only class who complained with this concept. All the other students are happy with this, well it’s because of these six boys.” she said pointing at the R.H.Y Bachelors. “They thought that they are allowed to ask you, but like I said your partner will be within this class only. The principal said he doesn’t want to cause any trouble.”

                “It looks like not all girls are dying to date you boys.” she said smiling. “All right, since the girls doesn’t want to ask the boys. We will resort to this.” and Ms. Isuzu held up a jar filled with folded paper. “This jar contains paper the bears each name of this boys class. The girls will draw each, so as to be fair.” she explained to them.

 

                 The boys didn’t complain and neither the girls so Ms. Isuzu passed the jar with the girls. “Please don’t open the papers unless I instructed you to do so.”

 

              After a few minutes, when all of the girls have now one paper each in their hands, Ms. Isuzu allowed them to look at their papers. Some still groaned in frustration.

 

               “What? You’re still complaining?” asked Ms. Isuzu shaking her head.

              “Ma’am can we do this again?” asked Sayako.

              “No. I don’t want to here anymore complains. We did this fairly, now I want you girls to announce who will be your partner to the dance.” she said firmly.

 

               The girls obeyed when they saw that their teacher’s decision is final. Erie got Ohjiro, Haruka got Hatsuharu, Saori got Yuichi, Sayako got Kentaro, Kazumi got Shinji and Minako got Ryuuzaki for partner. After all of the girls have announced their partner they were told by Ms. Isuzu that switching partners is not allowed. And then they were dismissed.

 

                The girls were silent until the school bell rang, indicating that school was over for today. The room was almost empty except for the R.H.Y Bachelors and Kazumi’s group.

 

                “So girls, see you on Sunday. Bye, Saori.” waved Yuichi mischievously as he follow his friends out of the room.

                “Oh I really hate this!” she complained. “That demon.”

                “Haruka, what’s wrong?” asked Sayako to Haruka who’s face looks like she was about to burst out.

                “I don’t want to go to this dance anymore.” she said.

                “I thought you like this idea. You’re weird huh?” Minako commented.

                “Because Ohjiro is not my partner.” she said bluntly.

                “Hey. Hatsuharu is fun to be with.” Sayako contradicted.

                “I can get all the bad luck when I’m with him.” she answered back.

                “How about you Kazumi, is this okay with you?” Saori asked Kazumi who’s now applying powder to her face.

                “No.” she answered simply. “But nothing will happen even if I complain all day. I’ll just have to bear with this. It’s only one night.”

                “You have a point.” Saori said.

                “Let’s go home. I’m tired already.” said Erie putting her form on her black bag and everyone agreed.

 

 

 

4:05pm, Mall

 

            On Saturday afternoon Kazumi is waiting on a coffee shop inside the biggest mall in Sakai City. She was just checking her watch when she saw Erie and Saori coming towards her direction. Among the newcomers the three of them are the closest.  They all agreed to shop together and looked for something to wear in the dance.

               

             “Hi. Sorry we’re late.” said Saori as she approached Kazumi and sat to the chair opposite her while Erie took the seat beside her.

               “It’s okay. It’s only five minutes.” she smiled. “Why don’t you order first?” We still have time.”

               

                They ordered and after thirty minutes of chatting they decided to look for a dress first. They wandered store to store and tried different kinds of clothes. After buying a dress for the party and other clothes and accessories they decided to look for shoes to match what they would wear to the party. They went to the shoes section and as Erie was looking for a shoe, Saori was busy looking for something on the shoe rack Kazumi saw Minako at the other side of the store trying out a pair of red high heels shoes.

 

                “Minako.” she waved at her to get her attention. Minako immediately saw her and went to her direction still holding the shoes. “Oh you’re also buying a pair of shoes.” she smiled.

                “Yes and I’m starting to get annoyed.” complained Minako. “Who are you with?” she asked.

                ‘I’m with Erie and Saori.” she said as they walked to her friends. “We’re shopping too.”

                “You girls are inseparable.” Minako smiled as she looked at the three of them bonding together.

                “Hi.” greeted Erie and Saori.

                “You said you were annoyed.” said Kazumi resuming their conversation. “Why?”

                “I don’t know what to buy. And I have high heeled shoes.” she explained.

                “Me too, but we have no choice.” smiled Saori. “It’s okay.”

 

                The three of them helped Minako choose better shoes but they she need up buying the red one she was holding because it will be nice with her dress. They complimented her and cheered he up. After a long day of shopping they ate dinner together and Minako treat them with a huge cone of ice cream.

 

 

 

*Note:  okay. OKAY. So our girls just picked the guy that uh..how will I put this..  they don’t like that well. But this is what I’ll call ‘the.start.of.a.something.new’.

 

What do you think will happen at the dance? >:] hoho. I have one word F-U-N.