Meat Loaf

LOVE RIOT

                 Tomorrow morning Saori and her friends were invited by Ryuuzaki to join them for breakfast. They didn’t have anything planned so they decided to accept the invitation. When they arrived at the dining area, they found Shinji and Ohjiro preparing the table while Kentaro and Hatsuharu welcomed them.

 

                “Wow you prepared a lot.” Haruka commented sitting beside Hatsuharu.

                “We’re not that modest when it comes to eating.” replied Shinji.

 

                Everybody took their seat and Saori helped herself with bacon and eggs. She wasn’t paying much attention to her food because she found someone missing.

 

                “Where’s Yuichi?” Kazumi asked before Saori could.

                “Oh, he’s not feeling well.” Ohjiro answered. “I think he have a flu.”

                “Why didn’t you bring him some food then?” Sayako asked.

                “He won’t eat any food we offer and he won’t even talk to us.” shrugged Kentaro. “That’s Yui’s normal routine when he’s sick.”

                “Picky eater.” sing-songed Ohjiro.

 

                Saori thought about this for a moment before she was interrupted by the beepng of Ryuuzaki’s phone.

 

                “Miss Isuzu is expecting the whole class to join the tour in five minutes.” informed Ryuuzaki.

                “Tour where?” asked Minako.

                “The forest, great place.” he answered.

               

                Saori tensed, she doesn’t like being in the forest. “Can I pass?”

                Everyone looked at her but it was Kazumi who speak. “Why?”

                “Uh I just don’t like forests; there are scary things out there.” she answered and Ohjiro laughed.

                “It will only take an hour and a half.” Ryuuzaki said. “Then we can do whatever we want before we go home.”

                Shinji stood and everyone else followed. “Sure I’ll inform Miss Isuzu.”

                “Really?” she asked brightly. “Thanks!”

                “It’s fine but please do me a favor. Take care of Yuichi while we’re away.” smiled Shinji.

                “What?! But--.” she started to protest but everyone clapped her in the back thankfully.

                “We will feel better if we know there’s someone taking care of him since he wouldn’t let us.” said Kentaro patting her on the shoulder.

 

                Her friends were already outside giggling hysterically. Hatsuharu was already in the door way when he remembered something. “Saori, one last thing, it will be nice of you if you can make him eat something and maybe even drink medicine.”

 

                He winked and then he was gone.

 

                They left me here to baby-sit a guy?, she thought disbelievingly. She stamped her feet in frustration and looked at the closed door that leads to Yuichi’s room. Saori wanted to turn the other way and holed back in her bed but there was some kind of invisible magnet pulling her to check on him.

 

                Saori took a deep breath and knocked on the door. Nobody answered. Maybe he’s asleep, she thought and knocked again.

 

                “Go away.” said a muffled voice.

 

                Saori raised her eyebrows and opened the door; she doesn’t like being ordered to just go away. She stood near the bed and found Yuichi hidden under the covers. She cleared to announce her presence and Yuichi threw back the covers angrily.

 

                “I said, go away.” he said. Saori smirked at him and Yuichi widened his eyes.

                “What are you doing here?” he demanded sitting up.

                “Your friends asked me to look after you while they were on a forest trip.” she answered.

                “I can take care of myself.” he said.  “You can go now.”

                Saori looked offended and it must’ve showed on her face because Yuichi’s voice turned gentle. “Look I just don’t want you to get the flu, okay?”

 

                “I won’t be affected. I have a strong immune system.” she said.

                “Good for you.” he grunted miserably.

                “Get out of the bed.” she ordered and when he didn’t move, she took his hand and dragged him.

                “Where are we going?” Yuichi asked.

                “You’re going to eat.” she answered dragging him to the living room instead of the dining area.

                “I don’t like the food they prepared.” he complained and sat down at the couch.”

 

                Saori motioned for him to shut up and stormed out of the room. A few minutes later she came back to the room with a large tray on her hands. She set the tray on the center table and sat down next to him.

 

                “Wow.” said Yuichi and Saori looked at him.

                “What?” she asked amused by the funny expression on his face.

                “You can cook meat loaf?” he asked amazed.

                Saori laughed at his question. “Of course I do.”

                “This is like my favorite food in the world.” he said helping himself on a large piece.

 

                “You’re a picky eater, right?” she asked and he nodded.

                Saori laughed so hard her stomach hurts. “You’re so picky but you settled for a meat loaf?”

                “Hey don’t insult the greatest food I ever tasted.” he scolded her.

                “Guess what?” she said grinning. “I’ll make you so more if you promise to drink your medicine.”

 

                Yuichi nodded and reached for the tablet, drank it and beamed at her. Saori just rolled her eyes and turned towards the kitchen. She came back with another plate of meat loaf and she can swear, Yuichi’s face lit up like a kid.

                Saori just watched him eat without a care in the world when Yuichi suddenly stopped. He turned to her and before she can even react, she was in his arms and he was giving her the gentlest hug she ever received from a guy.

 

                Yuichi pulled back and gave him a smile. “Thank you.”

 

                She smiled her cheeks burning, she was glad that she did a good job of making him eat and for once she was not that annoyed to him.