Ice Cream and Deja vu

LOVE RIOT

9:50 am, School Grounds

 

                It is a bright morning and the S.R.A school grounds were empty except for the occassional students that meet at the schools for weekly meetings for their various organizations. Erie is walking at the pathway to the Blue building, carrying a large box full of her painting equipments, the box is so heavy that she thinks she might drop it. She saw Yuichi Maki, his back on her, blocking her way. He seemed to be having an argument with whomever he was talking to on his cellphone.

                She stopped short a few feet away from him. She doesn't know how to approach him because he's too busy, but then she decided that she can't stand ther until he finished talking. She walked up to him and excused herself.

 

                 “Excuse me.” Erie said shyly to Yuichi, who's pacing back and forth as he talked on his cellphone. He didn't seem to notice or hear her at first but then he took one glance at her and smiled holding one finger. He said something more on the phone and clicked it shut, turning his attention to her.

 

                “Hi, Erie.” greeted Yuichi stuffing his phone on his back pocket.

                “Hi.” she answered trying to keep her balance as she struggles to talk to him and keep her feet on the ground.

                “Did you left home?” he joked as he assesed the box full of painting items.

                “Ha-ha. Not really.” she said.

                “Here let me help you.” said Yuichi and took the box from her.

                “Thanks, it’s quite heavy.” she said shyly. She wiped the the sweat of her forehead, the gleam of the sun blinding her. “Sorry to bother you.”

                “It’s okay. I have nothing to do today.” answered Yuichi as they walked on the pathway. “Are you in a hurry?”

                “Not really. Why?” she asked.

                “Coz I can here the sound of an approaching ice cream vendor.” he smiled. “Would you like to eat some? I’m hungry.”

                “Sure.” she smiled amused.

               “Wait here.” he said as he put down the box and run at the gates where the ice cream vendor parked.

 

               Yuichi came back after a few minutes and saw Erie sitting at the school pathway waiting for him. He sat next to her holding to ice cream cones, chocolate and vanilla flavored. He held out two ice cream cat her ones and made her choose.

 

               “Which one do you like? Chocolate or vanilla?” he asked gesturing at the ice cream.

               “Strawberry.” she replied hiding her smile.

              “Oh. Strawberry?" asked Yuichi surprised. "Sorry I should’ve asked earlier. Wait I’ll buy another one.”

               “Ha-ha, just kidding. I’ll take the chocolate.” she said laughing as he turned to leave.

              “Silly.” he said smiling.  “So, what are you doing here? It’s Saturday.”

            “I’m just here to put my things at the Art studio. I’m tired of bringing my things everyday.” she explained gesturing at the box.

             “So, you really like to paint huh? Maybe you’ll get along with him.” he said absent-mindedly, staring at the box.

             “Yes, it’s my passion.  Who are you talking about?” she asked confused.

             “Never mind, I just remembered a friend who likes to paint so much.” he smiled and continued to eat his icec ream that's quickly melting off on the glare of the sun.

 

              Erie is staring at Yuichi and noticed a trickle of ice cream on the side of Yuichi’s lips. She reached out and wiped it with her finger. Yuichi looked at her with a surprised expression.

 

             “Uhm, you have ice cream on the side of your lips.” she explained her face burning. Even her was surprised at what she's done, for a second she couldn't do anything but stare at her now ice cream stained finger.

             “Thank you.” he smiled hugely. That brought her senses back and she blushed a little deeper. Thank the sun because she had an excuse to be this red on the face.

             She quickly wiped her finger on a handkerchief the same one Kentaro used to wipe her face the other. She felt a sense of deja vu and remembered what happened. She was musing about this when Yuichi's phone rang, he excused himself for a moment.

 

              "I have to go now." he said as he stood up brushing dirt off his pants. "I just have somewhere to go.  Got a call on some urgent matter. Will you be alright carrying that box?"

 

              "Yeah, sure." trying not to sound a litlle disapointed that he's leaving early. "I'll be fine."

              "Okay." he said unsure. "Be careful on the stairs. Bye."

            

              She nodded as he head towards the parking lot. She lift the box and walked her way towards the Art studio. Erie was on the last step of the stairs when he saw a man. He was tall, wearing a white polo and he was heading to the other direction but it was clear that he just came out of the studio.

 

               She frowned unable to remember having a classmate that tall, taking a special class on Arts like herself. Erie thought about coming after him but dismissed the idea. Maybe he's a new student on Arts, she thought.

 

*Note: chapter 12: we have a mystery guy here. and what's with the ice cream thing on Erie and Yuichi. *smiles* all i'm saying is **cheesy** lol