Suppressing Smiles

LOVE RIOT

                   On the other side of the dance floor Kentaro and Sayako were dancing silently. Kentaro’s looking at Sayako intently not breaking his gaze. He’s been looking at her for a long time and Sayako’s starting to get uncomfortable.

 

                   “Will you please stop looking at me like that?” Sayako said irritably.

                   “You’re making me laugh.” said Kentaro smiling at Sayako’s irritated face. His eyes lit up when he smiles like everything around him is okay and he doesn’t give a damn. She noticed two dimples appear when he smiles.

                    “I’m not a clown.” she scowled at him.

                   “Really? I thought you were.” he teased.

                   “You’re so irritating.” she said slapping Kentaro on the arm.

                   “Aww!” he said exaggeratedly. He clapped a hand on his shoulder where Sayako hit her and looked like his really in pain.

                  “Over.” said Sayako suppressing a smile while Kentaro clutched his arm.

                  “Do you know that you just hit an injured arm?” he asked his face in pain. She immediately felt bad and touched him worriedly.

                  “I didn’t know. Sorry.” She said trying to see his bowed face. “Are you okay?”

                  He just shook his head. She said, “I didn’t hit that hard.”

                  He then faced her with an idiot grin on his face. “Nah, it doesn’t hurt at all. My arms good.” he said patting his arm.

                  Sayako gave him a murderous glare; she really wanted to hit him. “I can’t believe how evil you are!”

                  “I’m not evil I’m just fooling around. You should’ve seen the look on your face.” He laughed, arms shaking. And then he turned serious again giving her an intense, smoldering look. She blushed even if Kentaro’s trying to annoy her. Didn’t he know how good looking he is? Damn.

 

                   “I said stop it.” Sayako complained trying to block her face with her other hand. She looked at the gap on her hands to check if Kentaro’s still looking at her. He gave her one of those rare smiles that make his dimples appear and she groaned inwardly.

 

                   They must’ve look like idiots in the middle of the dance floor and after a few minutes of trying to block his stare, she heaved a deep breath and gave him her own smoldering glare. It must’ve work because his features changed. His smile faded and Kentaro looked at her with an unreadable expression. He collected himself and smiled again.

                  “Hey, that’s unfair.” he smiled.

                 “What, you’re the only one who can play stare and annoy game?” she asked rolling her eyes. She sighed; I’mnot going to win with this guy.

                 “Stare and annoy? Cool. I’ll name it like that.” he said nonchalantly.

                “Really, Kentaro. What did I ever do to you for you to annoy the hell out of me every time we see or talk with each other?” she asked incredulously.

 

                He was silent for a moment as considering her question. She waited patiently as a new song played on the background. They continued to sway as he kept thinking.  Sayako was sure that she’d get another cocky answer but what he answered caught her by surprise.

 

                “You always make me smile.” he answered looking at her straight in the eyes. The look on his face shows that he himself was surprised by his answer but that only made the words real and sincere. Sayako don’t know what to say but then he’s waiting for a reaction, so she rolled her eyes and said, “I told you I’m not your personal clown.”

 

                “I know.” he said. “Nevertheless you make me smile.”

                “You said it like as if I’m the first person to make you laugh your whole life.” she said confused by the shift on his mood. She can’t believe that she’d be able to talk to him without them arguing and the reason for all this is because she made him smile.

                “Hmmm.” he considered seriously. “There’s just something about you that made me smile. Don’t ask me why.”

                “Maybe I fart laughing gas that’s why every time you see me you crack-up.” she suggested because she didn’t know what else to say anymore.

 

                He stopped dancing and she frowned afraid that she’d something bad and they’d start arguing again. She was about to apologize when he gave a booming laugh. He was holding his stomach unable to control his laughter and pointing at her and that made her crack-up too.

 

                She was aware that people were looking at them but she doesn’t care his humor was intoxicating.

 

                “See? How can I not smile or laugh when I’m talking to you?” he said, his eyes watering from laughing.

                “You have a point.” she agreed.

 

 

*Note:  ah at last! No fighting ^^. Can this keep up?

 

Comments!! >:”] daisuki desu. :)