Rock On

LOVE RIOT

                 It was a nice day and Shinji and his friends were just hanging out at the clubhouse trying to catch up o the things the missed, like bonding with each other. The flat screen TV is switched on and Ryuuzaki was browsing the channels while Kentaro and Ohjiro have an elaborate game of chess. Yuichi was trying to teach Hatsuharu to play billiards with not much success.

 

                Yuichi abandoned Hatsuharu on the billiard table and walked up to Shinji who was staring outside the window holding out two pieces of paper. Yuichi snatched it from Shinji’s hand and read.

 

                “Aqua Timez special comeback concert.” Yuichi said reading the ticket. “Hey, Shin how come you only have two of these?”

                “Because he wasn’t planning to ask us to come.” answered Ryuuzaki absentmindedly.

                “Why not?” Yuichi asked and Shinji took the tickets from him.

                “There are two tickets. It must be a date.” Ohjiro commented and Hatsuharau agreed.

                “Oh I see. Have nice night then, Shin.” said Yuichi clapping him on the back before snatching the remote from Ryuuzaki’s hand.

                “He haven’t invited her yet.” said Ohjiro.

                “What?” asked Yuichi perplexed. “Who’s this girl any way?”

                “Kazumi.” they all answered and Shinji smirked at them.

                “Why don’t you ask her? Kazumi is nice.” Yuichi said.

                “Yeah Shin, you’re the one who asked me to go after Sayako before it’s too late, remember?” said Kentaro. “I’m happy now.”

                “I don’t know how to ask her.” Shinji said miserably. “She’ll probablt turn me down.”

                “Why would she do that?” asked Yuichi.

                “You know what, Shin if you don’t ask Kazumi now I might take her away from you.” said Ryuuzaki casually and everyone stared at him.

                “You have Minako as your girlfriend.” Shinji growled.

                “So?” Ryuuzki said lamely and Shinji stood up.

                “Easy, Shin. Ryu just want to tell you that there might be other people who like her and take her away from you.” said Ohjiro grabbing Shinji’s shirt.

 

                Shinji sat down as Ryuuzaki smirked at him. Hatsuharu took the tickets from him and motioned for Yuichi.

 

                “We’ll take care of this.” said Hatsuharu and Yuchi followed him outside.

                “I think you better prepare yourself for the concert.” said Kentaro.

                “Yeah, those two have a plan.” said Ohjiro.

                “Checkmate!” said Kentaro and Ohjiro groaned.

 

 

                At the Ayane Residence, Kazumi’s father just arrived from a business trip. She heard a knock on her door and her father slipped in.

 

                “Hello, dear.” his father said.

                “Otosan, welcome back.” she greeted him. She gave her father a hug and saw that he was holding a ticket on her hand. She shrieked, “Dad how did you get a ticket for the Aqua Timez concert? It’s been sold out months ago.”

                “Oh I didn’t buy that one.” her father said.

                “Who then?” she asked confused.

                “There were boys outside our house and they asked me to give this to you. They said that their friend wanted to invite you to this concert but he was afraid you’d turn him down. I happen to know the boy asking you out so I say you go with him tonight.”

                “Who is he?” she asked.

                “Secret.” her father replied and gave her a wink.

 

                He left her standing in the middle of the room wondering who might ask her out. Kazumi shrugged and went to check her clothes and readied for the concert, she wouldn’t miss this chance. Beside her dad side it is okay.

 

                By eight pm a black car was waiting outside their house with a chauffer who appeared to be Yuichi. He bowed at her and opened the door.

 

                “You’re my date?” she asked incredulously once inside the car.

                Yuichi laughed and said. “No. I’m just a mere chauffer for tonight.”

 

                Kazumi asked him who was her date suppose to be but Yuichi wouldn’t answer any of her questions. They arrived at the venue and Yuichi opened the door for her. He gave her a piece of folded paper and drove away.

 

                When she opened it there were only six words, ‘I await you at the center.’ She went inside and made her way to the crowd. She was dress in a fashionable jeans and shirt that didn’t prevent her from being comfortable. She was sure that she’s already at the center of the crowd but her date was not around, no one approached her.

 

                The concert is already starting and she was having a blast. On the third song, Futoshi the one on the vocals spoke.

 

                “This next song is dedicated specially for a girl named Kazumi Ayane. Wherever you are there’s someone here at this concert who asked me to dedicate this song for you. Enjoy.” and they started playing Sen No Yoru Wo Koete, Kazumi’s favorite song.

 

                Kazumi was just staring at Futoshi and she didn’t know what to think. Whoever dedicated this song for must know her but she couldn’t think of whom. And then a voice speaks to her.

 

                “I hope you’re enjoying this.” the voice said.

               

                Kazumi whirled around and found herself face to face with Shinji Hinata. He was handsome even in the blaring lights of the concert. She opened to speak but she didn’t know what to say. She wanted to thank him and ask him so many questions but instead she just hugged her fiercely. He hugged her back laughing.

 

                “I’ll take that as a yes.” he said softly.

 

                When the concert ended they walked up to the parking lot holding each others hand. They were at Shinji’s car and she felt a little awkward.

 

                “Thank you.” she said sincerely. “I had so much fun.”

                “Glad to hear that.” Shinji smiled tucking her silver hair back into place.

                “How did you know I like Aqua Timez?” she asked.

                “I have a few help.” he grinned.

                “So I’ve heard.” Kazumi laughed.

                “Don’t move.” Shinji said and she stilled.

 

                He was looking at her intently and the next thing she knew he was kissing her passionately.

 

                “I love you, Miss Ayane.” he whispered.

                “I love you more.”