A Handsome Bakemono

LOVE RIOT

1:35 pm, Hallway

 

Kentaro is whistling tunelessly in the hallway towards the bathroom when he suddenly stumbles into something that he nearly kissed the floor.

 

                “What the?!” he said cursing silently. He picked up something that looked like a piece of rag but then it’s a handkerchief with Erie’s name. He removed the dirt and pocketed the handkerchief before turning the other way and walks back to their classroom. His eyes searched for Erie as he stood in the doorway.

               

“Who are you looking for, Ken?” asked Yuichi lenaing on Shinji's table.

                “I’m looking for Erie. Did you see her? I have something to give to her.” he said as he approached their table.

                “Sorry, I didn’t notice her.” he said frowning.

                “Ryu, did you saw Erie?” asked Kentaro.

                “Who? Me?” Ryuuzaki asked looking behind his back as if to check that he’s the one being asked by Kentaro.

                “Yes, you. Really, Ryu you’re lost in your own world again.” said Kentaro rolling his eyes.

                “I saw her heading to the Arts studio.” he answered turning back his attention to his book.

                “Okay, thanks.” said Kentaro walking away.

                “Go, Ken! Good luck! Court Erie!” Yuichi shouted at Kentaro’s retreating back.

                “Shut up! It’s not what you’re thinking.” he shouts back. Hmmm… What if I court her?

 

                He was walking on the third floor hallway heading for the Arts studio. He's been there before with her friends. It's the place where Ojiro loved to bury himself when he's upset about him. He finally arrived at the  studio with a brass plated sign on the door. Kentaro silently opened the door of the studio and saw Erie in the middle of the room, facing a small canvass, holding a paintbrush and a palette on her hands.

                 He walked silently towards her and stand behind her. Apparently, she was so occupied on what she's doing that she didn't noticed the door closing.  She was making an elaborate painting of a man and a women about the same age as they were, sixteen ot seventeen. The boy and girl staying at the star filled sky. Kentaro frowned a little because the boy was a little familiar to him and shrugged.

 “Wow! Your painting is beautiful.” compliments Kentaro.

                “Bakemono!” screamed Erie who was startled by Kentaro. She looked behind her as she stands up to face him. “Oh, it’s you.”

                “Hey, easy! I’m not a monster.” he said smiling sheepishly.

                “It’s your fault. You startled me, it made me jump." she said.

                "Hey, don't you think I'm a little too good looking for a monster?" he asked smiling.

                She shook her head and asked, "How long have you been standing there?”

                “I just came in. I don’t want to disturb you so I came in silently. Sorry.” he apologized a little sheepishly.

                “I understand, just don’t do it again okay?” she said smiling now.

                “Wait, don’t move.” he said holding Erie’s shoulder. The way he was looking at her made her nervous. He was looking at her intently and he couldn't quiet meet his eyes. She was strating to panick when she finally found her voice.

                “W-why?” she asked confused as Kentaro took out a handkerchief and gently wiped her cheek.

                “You have paint on your cheek.” he explains. He wiped the paint of her face gently and he released her reluctantly.

                “Oh, thank you.” she said blushing.

                “By the way I came here to give this to you. I found it in the hallway, you must’ve dropped it so I came here to give it back.” he said giving her the handkerchief.

                "Nice painting." he commented. "Who's the guy and the girl on it?"

                She frowned like she's thinking deeply, "I don't know. I just had a dream about it and when I went here I just found myself painting it."

                "Oh, yeah. I forgot to tell you. I visited your dream last night." he joked.

                "Really, Kentaro. You have to get a pass to enter my dreams." she laughed.

                He smiled, "Too bad, I don't know where to get those. And I don't suppose you'll tell me."

                "Nope."

               He laughed good naturedly, "Well, I'll be going then."

                “Thank you again.” she said.

                “Okay. Well, I’ll just see you around then.” he said with a wink.

 

*NOTE: Who's the boy on Erie's dream? I think the boy has an 'i' on it's name. :) *wink*