Goodnight

LOVE RIOT

 

                It was already raining when Hatsuharu and Haruka left the St. Rudolph Academy; they were delayed because of a phone call Haruka received from his father who was already looking for.

 

                “Where are we headed?” Hatsuharu asked.

                “Hakai Ville.” she replied wiping arms.

                “Okay, then.” he said speeding up.

 

                Haruka handed her the suit jacket he lend her, but he just shook his head. “Keep it, you’ll get cold eventually.”

                “Thanks.” she beamed.

 

                “So who’s the lucky guy?” he asked suddenly.

                “Huh?” she asked confused.

                “You know the guy you prefer to be with at the dance.” he said casually.

               

                She stared at him, “I didn’t say anything about that.”

                “I know. I just figured.” he said shrugging.

                “There’s no one.” she answered.

                “There’s got to be.” he said. “Maybe, Ohjiro?”

 

She thought about it for a moment and thought about Ohjiro and the time when she compared Hatsuharu to him. His reaction wasn’t that good and she felt guilty all of a sudden though she didn’t actually know why.

 

“I’m sorry.” she said shyly.

                “What for?” he asked.

                “You know, for comparing you to him.” she explained. “I’m just annoyed and he’s like the first thing that popped out in my mind.”

                “There’s got to be a reason why.” Hatsuharu said and she thought she heard a hint of annoyance.

                “Fine, I admire him but that’s all. It’s obvious he liked someone else.” she shrugged.

 

                Hatsuharu raised an eyebrow at this. “Oh yeah, who?”

                She smiled at him. “Secret. They have to figure it themselves.”

                “And you’re okay with that?” he asked.

                “Yeah, I don’t dwell on that kind of thing.” she explained. “It’s not like I love him.”

                “Okay.” he said a little more cheerfully which is weird.

 

                Hatsuharu’s phone rang and he answered it. “Hello.”

                Ne, Haru where are you?

                “I’m getting Haruka home.”

                Drop by here at the clubhouse after you take her home, okay? Maria’s back.

                “Really? Okay. Bye.”

 

                Haruka noticed how cheerful Hatsuharu was and she couldn’t help ask why. “Who’s that?”

                “Shinji.” he answered smiling.

                “You have an after party or something.” she asked cautiously, she doesn’t want him to think the she’s being nosy.

                “Yeah, Maria’s back.” he grinned.

                “Oh, right.” she said even though she doesn’t know who that girl is.

               

                Hatsuharu noticed her silence and said, “It’s Shinji’s sister. Older sister.”

                She blushed at how Hatsuharu emphasized the word older. “Okay.”

 

                They arrived outside Haruka’s house and she immediately saw his father waiting for her.

                “You can let me out here.” she said even though it’s still a couple of house away. Hatsuharu noticed and frowned.

                “Why?” he asked, then he saw who’s waiting outside their house. He smiled at her and said. “It’s okay.”

 

                Haruka protested, saying that his father is scary. Hatsuharu parked the car on front of their house. He got out of the car and introduced himself.

 

                “Hi dad.” she said giving his father a peck in the cheeks.

                “Thank you for getting her safely home.” his father boomed laughing at something Hatsuharu said.

 

                Haruka stared at them; it’s the first time her father actually entertained a guy that gets her home. Her father even asked Hatsuharu to come inside but he declined.

 

                “I’ll leave you then.” her father said and went inside.

 

                “You’re father is cool.” he smiled.

                “Yeah, he’s just strict sometimes.” she smiled still wondering how he wins her dad over.

                “I’ll go now.” he said waving. “Rest well.”

                “Be safe.”

 

 

 

*Note: One vote for Hatsuharu. haha Who’s the girl Haruka’s talking about the one whom Ohjiro likes? Is it S or E? lol ^^ gotta find out.