Knock Me Off My Feet

LOVE RIOT

7:02 am, Hana Park

 

            Saturday morning, the Hana Park is filled with the 3rd year senior high school St. Rudolph Academy students. It is one of the 6 largest public parks in Sakai City. They are asked to help clean the area to show good example to other people in making Sakai City more beautiful. Other senior high school students from other schools are also participating and cleaning other areas.

 

                “Students of Class 1-A, gather around here please.” called Miss Isuzu on her class’s attention. “Is everyone present?”

                “Yes, ma’am!” answered Sayako cheerfully. She have a colorful outfit that matched her happy aura.

                “Looks like you have enough sleep. Or are you just that hyper?” commented Kazumi, who’s standing next to Sayako. She admired her positive vibes that tends to make others happy too.

                “Not really.” Sayako smiled. "I just had a really good sleep last night."

 

                "Who's the guy you dreamt about?" asked Erie and it made Sayako blush.

                "Sayako has a crush." said Haruka in a sing-song voice. She's trying to braid Kazumi's hair but failed because of the wind. She sighed and let it go and turned her attention on Minako's hair.

 

                  When at last the attendance has been checked they filed into two rows, separating the boys and the girls. “Student’s, kindly get a broom each. This activity of cleaning the park will be done by pairs.” ordered Miss Isuzu.

                   Miss Isuzu called names on her clipboard and instantly they their respective corner, intil the only one left was Sayako and Kentaro.

                “Ma’am, ma’am! Who’s my partner??” asked Sayako waving the broom she’s holding.

                “Miss Sayako, I want you to partner Kentaro. Kindly sweep the place near the swing.” said Miss Isuzu. She pointed at Kentaro then on the place where the swings stand. Kentaro looked up absentmindedly when he heard his name, apparently he was busy playing on his PSP.

                “Ma’am, can I be partnered with someone else? That guy is crazy.” she pleaded as she remembered the first time she met Kentaro, and it annoyed her even more.

                “I don’t want to hear anymore complains. Kentaro, kindly clean the place near the swing. Bring Sayako along.” their teacher answered. Kentaro nodded with a wicked gleam on his eyes. He tucked his PSP on his jacket pocket and turned to her. What he did next surprised her.

 

                 Kentaro took her by the arm and lead her to the way where Miss Isuzu pointed. It took her a few seconds to respond and when she did, she took his hands off her.

 

                  "What do you think you're doing?" she demanded.

                  Kentaro turned to her like the answer is so obvious. "Miss Isuzu said to bring you along."

                  "Yeah but that doesn't mean you have to drag me." she said exasperatedly. "Duh, I know how to walk."

                  "Duh." he mimicked. "That's not so obvious."

 

                    Her blood boiled in irritation and she so much wants to hit him but controlled herself. Sayako turned and looked at Kentaro sharply. She stuck out her tongue to him and walked towards the swing.

               

                “Don’t look at me like that. It’s not like I want to be partnered with you,” he said to Sayako’s back as he followed her.

               

                They started to clean and sweep their assigned place.  After a few minutes Sayako’s irritation started to fade and she became more cheerful. She started singing while Kentaro, who's now sitting princely on the swing watched her.

 

                “Lalalalala…” Sayako sang while shaking her hips as she sweep the place.

                “Are you calling out for a thunder storm?” teased Kentaro. “Don’t be like that.”

                “You’re really irritating. Why are you complaining about my voice? Do you have a beautiful voice?” she asked.

                “I’m not saying that your voice is ugly. It’s just bad for my ears.” said Kentaro, teasing Sayako even more.

                 "Why are you always picking on me?!" she asked frustrated.

                 "'Coz it's fun." he asnwered.

                "I'm not your toy." she glared.

                "I know."

                "Are you happy annoying me?" she asked and he nodded immediately.

             She bristled and asked, "Why?"

              He considered his answer for a moment and answered, "No reason."

                “Shut up!” screamed Sayako as she tries to hit Kentaro’s legs with her broom. He stood up blocking the broom now pestering his legs.

                “Hey! That’s not fair. No hitting.” he said as he tries to avoid Sayako’s broom. “Stop it or I’ll put you in the trash can.”

                “Why don’t you try?” Sayako replied bravely. She stuck out her toungue at him and ran away.

                “Really? You’re the one who gave me permission. Come here.” he said as he tried to lift Sayako.

                “You wish!” she giggled and ran away from Kentaro.

                They ran all round the park and forgot about their assignment of cleaning the park.  Kentaro manage to got hold of Sayako and he put her to the empty trash can. He was laughing his head off but Sayako just smirked at him.

                 "Oh right, leave me here I'll be fine." she said waving her hand airily. He looked at her suspiciously and then he noticed that she was holding her PSP.

                   "How did you get that?" he asked shaking his head. She wiggled her eyebrows as if to say, whatever.

 

                They got scolded by Miss Isuzu afterwards as they bickered with each other and they were obliged to clean to places for what they did.

 

*Note: I don't know what to think, are they actually fighting or is there another thing going on? *laughs* what do you think?