Fear Factor

LOVE RIOT

                 Right after their little tour on the forest Sayako left her friends to pack their things. She wanders around the place once more and tried to memorize every detail she can etch on her memory. There are still a few hours left before they go home and she wanted to make the most out of it.

               

                Sayako wanted to go to the main hotel but she guessed that their outing doesn’t include the part where the VIPs stay. She was walking along the shore when she saw Kentaro and she’s so bored that she will talk even with Kentaro.

 

                Sayako walked up to him and smiled. “Boo!”

 

                Kenatro looked up from what he was doing and raised an eyebrow. “Boo yourself.”

                “What are you doing?” she asked pointing at the thing he was holding.

                “Reading.” Kentraro replied holding out a game magazine.

                “Right.” she said.

                “What are you doing here?” he asked. “Shouldn’t you be packing your things?”

                Sayako took the magazine and riffle through it. “Done already.”

               

                She browsed for like two minutes before giving it back to him. “I’m bored.” she complained.

                “It shows.” he smiled. “Don’t you have a crazy thing to do today?”

                “Nada.”

 

                They were silent for a moment, Kentaro studying Sayako. Her hair was a little mess because of the wind. She wore a pink shirt with ‘What are you staring at?” printed on the front and a knee length shorts.

 

                “What’s over there?” Sayako asked pointing at the main hotel.

                “Noisy people.” Kentaro replied.

                “Yeah I figure that out.”

                Kentaro laughed. “That’s were all the amenities can be seen.”

 

                Sayako nodded thoughtfully.

 

                “Want to go there?” Kentaro asked.

                “I don’t think I’m allowed.” she answered.

                “You’ll be with me.” he smirked. “So?”

 

                Sayako beamed at her and nodded. They went to past the hotel and roamed through every place. There were a disco, a bar and the billiard hall. The infinity pool glimmered in the sunlight and there are a few people swimming. When they went to the hotel Kentaro was greeted by the manager.

 

                “Hello, Sir Kentaro.” the man greeted. She looked at Sayako and gave her an acknowledging nod.”

                “Hey.” he replied.

                “Do you need anything, sir?”

                “No. I’m just giving her a tour.” Kentaro said motioning at Sayako.

                “Enjoy then sir, ma’am.”

 

                They went to the other side of the beach and Sayako’s eyes widened when she saw the cable car. She ran towards that direction and Kentaro followed her. There were no other people there except for the man who controls the place, and he greeted them with enthusiasm.

 

                “Hello ma’am, would you like to ride?” the man asked.

               

                Sayako turned towards Kentaro and looked at him hopefully. “Can we?”

 

                Kentaro stared at her like she had gone nuts. Sayako was bouncing at her feet and chanting. “Please, please, please!”

 

                The crew opened the door of the cable car and said. “This will be free of service since you’re my first customer.”

                “Really?” squealed Sayako. She grabbed Kentaro’s hand and pulled him towards the cable car. Kentrao didn’t even had the chance to protest because by the time he collected himself the door of the cable car is already closed and they were starting to move up.

 

                Sayako put her hands on the window her face inches from it. She was so amazed from the view that she didn’t even notice Kentaro standing like a statue his eyes closed. When they were a few meters up Sayako saw their cottages and started pointing at it. There was no response from Kentaro and Sayako was forced to look at him.

 

                Kentaro was standing so stiff that he must’ve been a statue. Sayako touched his arm and asked cautiously. “Kentaro, are you alright?”

 

                “Do I look alright?” he growled not moving.

                “What’s wrong?” asked Sayako as she studied him. Kentaro is pale on the face and there were little bead of sweat forming on his forehead.

                “Are you sick?” she asked worriedly.

                “I’m starting to.”

 

                Sayako gasped and she said. “You’re afraid of heights, aren’t you?”

               

                Kentaro nodded his head softly, his fist clenched. “I’m so sorry!” Sayako apologized profusely.

                “Why didn’t you tell me?” she asked holding his hand.

               

                Kentaro slowly opened his eyes and looked at her. “How can I? You’re so excited and I’m not that heartless to keep you from that.”

                Sayako smiled at him and gripped his hand tighter. “You’ll be fine. I’m here.”

               

                Kentaro nodded warily and give her a smile.

 

               “I don’t know why you’re afraid of heights but you don’t have to now.” she said. “You don’t have to be afraid when there’s beauty around you and you’re with someone you can trust.”

 

               Kentaro smiled at her and managed to say. “I’m trying to convince myself to trust you right now, even though you’re the one who dragged me here in first place.”

 

               Sayako smiled at him and they tide in silence. When they got back on the beach they went straight to where they were going to meet with the rest of the class. They were already on the gates and Haruka was holding Sayako’s bag.

 

               “Where have you been?” Haruka demanded. “We’ve been looking for you!”

 

                Kentaro went to his friends and Sayako said. “We ride the cable car!”

 

                Kentaro’s friends looked at her like she was crazy. “You must be hallucinating or something.” Ohjiro said.

 

                “Yeah, there’s no way Kentaro will ride that thing.” Yuichi agreed.

                “Whatever.” replied Sayako as she fills her friends about her experience.

 

                “Is that true, Ken?” asked Shinji.

                Kentar winced and nodded. “Yeah.”

                “Wow.” said Hatsuharu.