Don't Touch Her

LOVE RIOT

 

                Haruka is wearing a pink Lolita dress and she looked like a doll. It was Tuesday and the school grounds were in a festive mood because today is the official opening of all the booths. Their class decided to make a café booth and the girls were wearing maid dresses.

 

                So far their booth is the famous among the others because of its anime theme. Her friends were serving their customers while she stands on a corner calling for more students to come.

 

                Hatsuharu and his friends stopped in front of her and gave their booth an impressive nod.

 

                “Hey, why aren’t you helping with our booth?” she asked hands on her hips.

                “We are helping you.” Hatsuharu said.

                “No you’re not.” she said.

                “Yes we are.” said Ohjiro holding out plastic bags on her hand.

                “What’s that?” Haruka asked looking inside the bags.

                “Your friends asked us to buy supplies so technically we’re helping.” explained Shinji and Kentrao nodded.

                “Well you can help me call for customers.” she offered and they looked at her like she was crazy.

                “You might as well ask us to wear that dress.” Ryuuzaki smirked.

                “Why not?” Haruka challenged smiling wickedly.

                “Hey, Haru why don’t you help her call for some customers and we’ll deliver the supplies?” Shinji suggested.

                “Why me?” asked Hatsuharu.

                “I think you know why.” Ryuuzaki smiled evilly.

 

                They went inside and left Haruka and Hatsuharu behind.

               

                “What are you waiting for?” Haruka asked. “Call the students.”

                Hatsuharu shook his head and said, “This is crazy.”

                “You’re not being helpful.” Hrauka complained when Sayako arrived.

                “Hello, guys.” said Sayako. “Haruka you take a rest for a while. I’ll handle this.”

                “No it’s okay.” she protested.

                “I insist.” said Sayako. “Hatsuharu, why don’t you take Haruka to a place where she can rest?”

                “Why are you guys being so pushy today?” asked Haruka suspiciously.

                “I’m not pushy.” said Sayako and she winked on Hatsuharu like they were sharing a private joke.

                “C’mon.” said Hatsuharu taking her by the arm.

 

                Hatsuharu led her away from their café booth and they ended up walking towards the soccer field. It was empty and quiet and they sat on the bleachers in silence.

 

                “Why are we here?” Haruka asked a little wary.

                “To rest.” Hatsuharu replied.

                “I’m not tired.” she insisted.

                “You look nice in that dress.” he commented and Haruka’s jaw dropped.

                “Excuse me?”

                “I said you look nice in that dress. Pink is always beautiful on you.” he said looking at her straight in the eyes.

 

                Haruka couldn’t believe he was actually praising her. “Wow.”

                “What?” he asked.

                “You actually didn’t discipline me for once. You actually liked what I’m wearing.” she said.

                Hatsuharu laughed. “Am I that old fashioned towards you?”

                “You always scold me no matter what I’m wearing.” she answered.

                “Maybe because you always look y no matter what you’re wearing.” he said watching her.

               

                Haruka’s mind was racing she didn’t what to think about what Hatsuharu’s telling her.

                “Uhm thanks.” she said nervously.

 

                That’s when they heard footsteps approaching. They were four senior boys from another section and they were walking towards them. Hatsuharu automatically stood up and looked at them squarely.

 

                “Hi, lady.” the guy who appeared to be their leader waved at her like as if Hatsuharu wasn’t there.

                “What do you want?” Hatsuharu asked.

                “Am I talking to you?” the guy asked cockily. Haruka remembered him. He was the same guy who approached them on the dance floor on the night of the dance.

                “She’s with me; I have the right to know.” Hatsuharu growled.

                “So?” he challenged. He turned his attention back to Haruka and smiled maliciously at her. “Hi little maid, can I apply to be your master?”

                “Go away.” Haruka managed to say even though she’s afraid.

 

                The guy took her by the arm and she stumbled towards him. In a flash a fist landed on the guys face and he landed on the ground.

 

                “Don’t touch her.” said Hatsuharu angrily as he shield Haruka.

 

                The guy cursed and he ordered his friends to hold Hatsuharu down. Hatsuharu readied himself for the attack while Haruka back in a corner.

 

                “Wow, what do have here?” said a voice. “A little party?”

               

                Everyone looked around and Yuichi was there together with the others. “Four versus one, that’s not very manly.”

 

                The others laughed and approached.

 

                “Hey, Haru is this guy bothering you?” asked Ryuuzaki.

                “I got it.” Hatsuharu said.

                “We know man, we just want them to go away quickly for you.” said Ohjiro.

                “Looking for a fight eh?” asked Shinji.

                “You can’t hurt me.” the guy said a little nervously. “I’m rich.”

                Kentaro laughed at him and said, “Oh yeah, we’re richer.”

                “If we saw you bothering our friend here and her girlfriend we’re going to beat the crap out of you.” Kentaro threatened.

 

                The guy cursed one more and told his friends to retreat.

 

                “What a pain in the .” Ohjiro said.

                “Are you okay?” Hatsuharu asked Haruka who was a little pale. She nodded and Hatsuharu smiled at him.

                “I assure you, that guy will be kicked out of this school.” said Yuichi.

                “How did you find us here?” Hatsuharu asked.

                “We saw them going after you and we smelled trouble.” Ryuuzaki answered.

                “I think we should go.” Shinji suggested.

                “Oh, right.” the others agreed and left.

 

                Hatsuharu looked at Haruka with concern and asked. “Are you really okay?”

                Haruka stared at him wide eye and shouted. “How am I supposed to be okay?”

 

                Hatsuharu held up his hand and said in a soothing voice. “Easy, it’s okay. I’m not going to let anyone hurt you. I told you that before remember?”

                “What were you thinking fighting those four?” she asked angrily. “They could’ve hurt you if your friends didn’t come!”

                “Wait, you’re mad because I tried to protect you?” he asked incredulously.

                “Yes!” she said wiping a tear from her eye.

                Hatsuharu laughed and Haruka smacked her on the arm. “Ow. What was that for?”

                “It’s not funny.” she said.

                “I know. I’m just happy because you cared about me.” he smiled sheepishly.

                “Of course I care about you.” she said.

                “And why is that?” Hatsuharu asked smiling hugely now.

                “Because…because I love you!” she shouted her face red.

 

                Hatsuharu hugged her and laughed. “I thought I’m the only one who felt that way.”

                “Wait, what?” Haruka asked stunned trying to pull away but Hatsuharu won’t let her.

                “You heard me.” he said cradling her in his arms.

                “You…love me too?” she asked like she can’t believe it.

                “Yes, why do you think will I drag you in an empty place?” he asked.

                “I thought you just wanted to talk.” she answered making him laugh.

                “I know this is so an unromantic place to tell you that I love you but I’m running out of time and I guess I’m not really that so romantic type.” he said cupping her face in his hands. “Let me just ask you one thing. Will you be my girl?”

 

                He said it with so much love and she couldn’t help but say yes. That’s when he kissed her with all his worth and that took the breath out of her. I guess I like soccer field after all, she thought.