Under the Rain

LOVE RIOT

                Kentaro’s car was a red convertible and the roof was down because Sayako pleaded that she wanted to feel the cold night air. After a few arguments, Kentaro let Sayako have what she wanted. So now they were running along the road with a top down car and Sayako’s hair whipping in the air.

 

                Kenatro shook his head; he couldn’t believe how easily this girl can be pleased. Sayako was now busy looking at the place they passed like as if it’s the first time she saw all this.

 

                “Will you please sit down properly?” he asked. “Do you want to be splattered on someone else’s car?”

                Sayako scowled at him but obeyed. “I’m juts enjoying the night.”

                He laughed. “I know but you’re enjoying it too much. There’s still tomorrow.”

                “I don’t when I’ll be able to ride with this kind of car again. It’s so cool.”

 

                Yeah, definitely easy to please, he thought. “There will be next time.”

               

                “Nope, there won’t.” she said shaking her head.

                “How are you so sure?” he asked.

                “Maybe because I don’t know any other guy who has this kind of car.” she answered.

                “What’s so special about this kind of car? Do you like this particular model or you just like sports car?” he asked incredulously.

 

                She thought for a moment before she answered. “I love red. It’s my favorite color. And I like top down cars.”

                “So my car pretty much sums it up?” he asked laughing.

 

                Sayako nodded seriously.

 

                “Well, you’ll get the chance to ride again for sure.” Kentaro said.

                “How can you be so sure?” she threw the question back at him.

                “Let’s see. How about I give you a ride again sometime?” he offered and instantly Sayako’s eyes lit up, like Christmas came early for her.

                “Really?” she asked clasping her hands.

                “Uh-huh.” he nodded fixing his gaze on the road.

                “What’s the catch?” she asked.

                “What do you mean?” he frowned.

                “I just there’s something I have to do for you.” she said. “You’re not this kind to me.”

                “Oh yeah, I forgot. You have to do all my homework for a month.” he said mockingly.

                “Forget it.” she said.

               

                He scowled, “Here I am offering something and all you could think of is that I’m doing this in exchange for something. How nice of you.”

                “You’re really serious about your offer?” she asked hopefully.

                “For the 2nd time, yes.” he cried in frustration.

                “Yay!” she clapped.

 

                It started to rain and to Sayako’s disappointment they have to roll the roof down. Kentaro chuckled because of her sulking.

 

                “Stop sulking.” he said. “There will be a next time.”

                “Okay.” she beamed remembering his promise.

 

                She can’t believe that he’d actually offer her something that big but she guesses he’s just in a good mood tonight and she better grab that opportunity before he started being an idiot again.

 

                Midway on the road they heard a ‘poof’ sound like tire popping and they felt the car tilt a little. She heard Kentaro cursed and parked the car on the side of the road and got of the car to check what happened.

 

                “Stary here.” he ordered. He checked the back end of the car and found on of the tires flat. Kentaro took his phone and called a mechanic as he assessed the damage.

 

                Kentaro knocked on the car window and gestured to Sayako to roll down the window.

                “Flat tire.” he said squinting in the rain. “I already called a mechanic ‘coz I don’t have a spare tire.”

                “Aww, why did it happen now?” she groaned.

                “Maybe you ate too much on the party.” he joked.

               

                She glared at him. “I’m not that heavy.”

 

                A few minutes later and the mechanic arrived but by then Kentaro’s white polo was drenched in the pouring rain. Sayako can see his damp hair and thought he must’ve been freezing in cold. When she couldn’t take it anymore, she grabbed Kentaro’s suit jacket and got out of the car.

 

                “Kentaro!” she shouted over the rain. “Put this on your head.”

                “What are you doing? I told you to stay inside.” he said.

               

                She handed him the jacket and went back to the car. He talked and paid the mechanic and went inside. He was a little surprised to find the car a little warm; Sayako must’ve lowered the temperature.

 

                “Sorry for the delay.” he said.

                “It’s not your fault.” she smiled.

 

 

*Note: Could it be that there’s something going on between them? *smiles* ahhh Ken is a nice guy.