Art Fight

LOVE RIOT

10:01am, Class 1-A

 

            Inside the classroom, the students are busy chatting to each other because finally their first monthly examinations are finished. Erie was stretching on her desk, her friends gathering talking about the exams.

 

                “Hmmm…time passes like a wind, too fast and then too slow. I can’t believe a month have passed.” said Erie absentmindedly to herself, which Sayako heard.

                “I agree.” said Sayako leaning on Erie’s table.

 

                The classroom door opened and Miss Isuzu went inside, they immediately went to their seats.

                “Class be quiet I have something to announce.” called Miss Isuzu on the class’s attention. “There will be a mini exhibit of that will be held in our school gym. There you'll find all kinds of art projects. It is a project of the 2nd year junior high school students, and the school principal asked the senior high school department to participate by observing and giving comments. I am hoping that you will behave yourselves. Do you understand?”

                “Yes ma’am!” the whole class agreed.

                Miss Isuzu commanded them to file outside the classroom so that there will be order, but thy were so excited to so something else today that they didn't bother forming a line.

                “Hurry up!” said Ohjiro leading his friends outside the classroom.

                “Take it easy, Jiro. Don’t be too excited.” laughed Shinji as he hurried to match Ohjiro’s fast pace.

                “Looks like Jiro will be happy today. Nothing makes him happier other than paintings.” Kentaro commented tucking his hair on a cap bearing the S.R.A's logo.

                “But I thought Jiro likes state of the art paintings?” asked Ryuuzaki innocently.

                “Don’t be a spoiler, Ryu.” said Yuichi who punched Ryuuzaki lightly in the arm.            

                “Calm down, Jiro. And don’t try to steal anything.” joked Hatsuharu. “I don’t want to spend the rest of my afternoon explaining to the principal’s office.”

            “If it’s worth stealing, why not?” replied Ohjiro as he opened the door of the auditorium.

 

                As they entered the gymnasium they were greeted by many students  checking out the exhibit. The various art projects are impressive. There were mini sculptures, vases of different sizes, mini landscaping  and other stuff. It's great but what caught the students attention  is the paintings that hung from almost everypart of the room.

               Ohjiro started roaming at the mini exhibit held at their school auditorium looking at the paintings skillfully, but instead of lifting his mood it seems to get worst with every paintings he see. He stopped at a medium sized painting portraying a beautiful girl looking out of a carriage window in the middle of a forest with many animals surrounding it.

 

                “What kind of exhibit is this?” Ohjiro asked himself. “All I see are gardens, forest and girls picking up flowers. Isn’t there any other theme like gothic or war? Maybe even Greek, Roman and Egyptian art.”

                “Why?” asked a girl standing beside him whom he didn’t notice. “The paintings are beautiful. What is your problem?”

                “Yes, it’s beautiful. Some are even quite impressive for a junior high school student. But its plain boring.” he answered that made Erie’s eyebrow shot up. She put her hand son her hips daring him to speak more.

                “Boring? Are you blind? You don’t know how to appreciate art.” Erie said bluntly to Ohjiro. She doens't like people who badmouths any form of art.

                “What did you just say, lady?” Ohjiro asked irritably. He faced her taking in her feautures.  She's beautiful even for an annoying girl. “I don’t know how to appreciate art? You’re crazy."

                “Then why do you keep saying that the paintings are boring?” she asked.

                “First because it’s really boring to look at.  Secondly if you haven’t noticed I’m a man. Do you actually think I would like paintings portraying beautiful girls in the middle of a forest?” he said gesturing at the painting in front of him.

                “That’s not enough reason.” Erie still argued. "You could still appreciate them even if your a man. Maybe your eyes are defective."

                “Whatever. Just look at the paintings. Enjoy.” said Ohjiro and walked out of the door.

               

                Erie was looking at the door where Ohjiro walked out when Yuichi and his friends arrived. She was still fuming mad when she talked to them and Yuichi instantly noticed it.

               

                 “Hi, Erie. You looked like you’re ready to go to war.” greeted Yuichi.

                 “Huh? It’s because of Ohjiro. He’s annoying.” she answered.

                “Why? What’s wrong with Jiro?” asked Yuichi and Erie explained to them exactly what happened.

                Shinji cannot help but laughed. “Well, that’s our Jiro. He’s just like that but he’s really good at painting. Maybe you just have a different perspective and tastes when it comes to art.”

                

                 Yuichi nodded in agreement, "He already had his first exhibit when he was 8. He was a prodigy."

                 "I wonder if art is the reason why Jiro's always late." said Hatsuharu. "I guess he's just lazy."

                 “He’s still blind.” said Erie stubbornly that made the others laughed.

 

*Note: whoa ..Erie and Jiro, fighting? haha.. curious curious... :*