Protective

LOVE RIOT

                Back on their table, the girls were chatting merrily while the boys argued about some game on football. Minako was looking at Kentaro and Sayako’s direction when Kazumi talked to her.

 

                “Minako are you okay? You’ve been quiet.” said Kazumi concerned. Minako looked at her and smiled, on her side Haruka was sulking.

                “I’m fine, I just don’t like crowded places.” she answered.

               

                Kazumi looked from where Minako was looking a while ago and she saw that Kentaro and Sayako were laughing hysterically in the middle of the dance floor. She smiled and turned to Shinji who was sitting next to her looking a little bored.

 

                “What do you think they’re laughing about?” she asked Shinji gesturing at Kentaro and Sayako’s direction.

                “Huh?” he said and turned to where she’s pointing. “Crazy.”

 

                Suddenly Hatsuharu stood up and went to Haruka. She looked up at him with a questioning look. “Ready to dance?” he asked.

 

                “I thought you’ll never ask.” she said rolling her eyes.

               

                He shrugged and took her hand which was soft to touch. They were in the middle of the dance floor just as Kentaro and Sayako go back at the table. Ryuuzaki and Minako followed them on the dance floor after a few minutes.

 

                Haruka shivered a little when the wind blew and the gesture didn’t escape Hatsuharu’s eyes.

 

                “What’s wrong?” he asked.

                “Nothing.” she answered. He was a graceful dancer for a boy and she can’t help but notice the girls who are giving her the evil eye.

                “Looks like I will not go home without a scratch.” she told him.

                “What do you mean?” he asked confused. He was looking at her now and she held his attention.

                She smiled like as if she was amused by something. “Haru, do you even know how good looking you are?”

               

                  He was surprised to be called by his nickname. No one address him by ‘Haru’ besides his friends and it sounded nice when it comes to her.

 

                  He shrugged, “I’m not one of those guys who likes to brag about looks.”

                  She smiled at his response and she have to give some credit for being humble.  “Well then I’ll tell you how good looking you are.” she said smiling. “You’re so good looking that right now half of the girls here are giving the evil eye.”

 

                  He looked around and found the girls staring at him and Haruka.  Well, more of glaring at Haruka. He turned to her and gave him one of those unconcerned shrug. “Don’t mind them. They won’t get their hands on you as long as I’m here.”

 

                  She shivered again from the cold and Hatsuharu dropped her hands. Haruka frowned as Hatsuharu took of his suit jacket and as he did so she couldn’t help but notice the muscles that were clearly a result of being active in sports. She chastised herself for noticing. Hatsuharu then put the jacket around her shoulders and instantly she felt warm.

 

                Sweet, she thought.  She was about to say thank you when a guy, a senior by the looks of him, approached them.

 

                “Hey, man.” he greeted Hatsuharu. “I’m just wondering if I can borrow this beautiful lady for awhile.”

 

                It was though of him to approach Hatsuharu just like that, even if the boy was taller than Hatsuharu the latter was still well built.

 

                “No, you can’t.” he said firmly his tone changing.

                “Why not? There are no rules that said you can’t share her.” he said which is kind of rude for Haruka’s ears and she wanted to shout at him.

 

                Hatsuharu snapped when he heard the word share, like as if Haruka was some sort of trophy. “I told you, no. So, back off.”

 

                The boy must’ve heard the danger on Hatsuharu’s voice so he held up his hand and backed away and when Hatsuharu turned back to her, she felt that he hugged her, a little closer to him.

 

                “Jerk.” she muttered.

                “It’s your clothes.” he said an irritated look on his face.

                “What about it?” she asked, frowning.

                “It’s too short, like you’re inviting the boys to come to you.” he answered.

                They were back from their old argument just when things are going okay. “There’s a reason why it’s called a cocktail dress.” she said.

                He scowled at how she said it. “You should cover yourself up more.”

                “What are you so against about my clothes?” she argued. “I’m not inviting boys okay? I don’t care about them.

 

                She looked angry and offended, so he dropped the subject. They were silent for a minute before Hatsuharu broke the silence.

 

                “Look, I’m probably not the guy you wanted to be with tonight but for once let’s not argue. I’m just concerned, okay?”

                She didn’t answer for awhile but she heard sincerity so she said, “Okay.”

 

 

 

Note:  whew! My brain’s working overtime to write these chapters. >:)

                “^^ thank you to my subscribers!!! Love yah!