Sweet Tooth

LOVE RIOT

Yuka’s Bakeshop

 

                A girl, who’s deep in thought, is standing in front of a bakeshop while staring at the glass window of the store, unable to decide of what to buy. She kept looking at the glass display when suddenly her stomach made a growling sound. She sighed, "Hara hetta."

                Just then her cellphone rang. "Eh?" she said as she read the caller id.

               "Moshi, moshi?" she said through the speaker of her phone. "Ah, Rima-chan. What? Oh, I'm here outside a bakeshop."

              "What are you doing at a bakeshop? I thought you son't like sweets and it's not like you always eat bread."

               "Ah, I got hungry and this is the first place I saw." she said a little sheepishly.

               "Is that so? Well I'm going to fetch you so we can eat."

               "Okay. I'm here at Yuka's Bakeshop. It's five blocks from S.R.A."

              "I'll be there in 15. Bye."

                  She stuffed her phone back into her back and put her attention on the food in front of her. She’s so preoccupied she didn’t notice the car who parked behind her.

                Ryuuzaki parked his car in front of Yuka’s Bakeshop and noticed the girl in front of the store. He recognized the girl at once because she’s wearing the uniform of St. Rudolph Academy. He got out of the car and approached the girl.

 

                “It will be better if you buy the cake and eat it, instead of just staring at it.” said Ryuuzaki standing beside the girl.

                “Kaido!” said Kazumi looking behind her to find Ryuuzaki looking at the cakes. He then turned to look at her smiling.

                “Why don’t you go inside?” asked Ryuuzaki now frowning.

                “I’m still thinking of what to buy. There’s so many to choose from and besides I’m not really into sweet foods. I’m just going to try.” she answered shyly.

                “Really? Why don’t we go inside so that I can show you what’s delicious?” said Ryuuzaki opening the door for Kazumi. “After you.”

 

                Kazumi obliged and entered the bakeshop, glad that Ryuuzaki seems to be friendly. As they entered the shop, they were immediately greeted by a sales lady who smiled hugely when she saw Ryuuzaki. Apparently, Ryuuzaki has been here plenty of times that the sales lady seems to know him.

               

                “Hello ma’am, sir. How may I help you?” asked the sales lady too enthusiastically, looking straight at Ryuuzaki who seems to don’t mind as he was so busy looking at the cakes.

                “Two order of special strawberry shortcakes with extra strawberries please. Take out.” said Ryuuzaki to the sales lady that’s eyeing him expectantly. He gave her a small smile and turned to Kazumi who seems so amused.

                “It’s my favorite.” he explained.

                “Right.” she smiled. “So, do you come here often?”

                “Yes. I like sweets, particularly cakes. Though they have a variety of food here, like bread but they’re really famous for making extra sweet foods.”

                “Really? I can see that you’re an expert. I eat sweets also but rarely, I like Italian food, well, aside from Japanese food of course. I love pizza.” she explains.

                "Pizza and Japanese food? Hmmm. It's a weird combination." he mused.

                "Well, yeah, sort of." she smiled. "I just came back from Italy, I stay for like 3 months and I love the food."

                "Italy? Interesting."

                “Here’s your order, sir.” interrupted the sales lady handing two plastics of boxed cakes. Ryuuzaki paid for it while Kazumi looks at the food counter.

                “Well, I guess I’ll just buy a strawberry shortcake too.” she decided.

                “It’s ok. I already bought you one. Here take it.” said Ryuuzaki handing the cake to Kazumi.

                “But… you don’t have to do that.” said Kazumi shaking her head.

                “I already bought it, so you might as well take it. Think of this as a welcome gift from a friend since you’re a new student on S.R.A.” said Ryuuzaki still handing the cake to Kazumi who took it reluctantly. Ryuuzaki turned to leave and headed to the door.

                “Okay, I’ll take it. Thank you.” she followed Ryuuzaki outside.

                “You’re welcome but if you really want to get back to me, you can also share your favorite food with me.” said Ryuuzaki opening his car.

                “Sure. Thank you again, Kaido.” smiled Kazumi.

               “You may call me Ryuuzaki, I think we’re friends now. I have to go, bye.” said Ryuuzaki as he started to drove away.

               “Bye.” said Kazumi as she waved at the speeding car of Ryuuzaki. As the car of Ryuuzaki sped away another car took its place. Out came a petite girl who greeted Kazumi.

              "Rima-chan." she called.

              "Who are you with?" Rima asked.

              "Oh, he's a new friend. We just met here by accident and he kinda helped me buy a cake."

              "Wow. That was nice of him." Rima smiled teasingly. "I think he likes you."

              "Rima!" she scolded as Rima lead her to the car.

             "Just kidding."

 

*NOTE: So here's the second chapter for LOVE RIOT where Kazumi and Ryuuzaki met. Are they meant for each other? :) Gotta find out! xoxo