Drive Me Home

LOVE RIOT

6:00 pm, School Gates

                

                  Haruka was standing at the front gates of St. Rudolph Academy looking at the passing cars. She just got a call from her brother telling her that he can’t come to fetch her. “Damn! Why does my brother have to be busy today? I don’t want to ride a taxi.” she thought irritated. She's stomping her feet in frustration when a car honked behind her. She whirled around to give the driver an evil eye, “What? I’m not on your way!” she said angrily as the car stopped beside her. The car window rolls down to reveal a handsome face, then she saw who's behind the wheel. It's no other than Yuichi Maki.

                Haruka wasn't really expecting to see Yuichi so she was a little surprised.

                “Hey, Haruka. What are you doing here?" Yuichi asked. "Don't you have a ride?

                “My brother can’t pick me up.” she answered a little calmly but still irritated. She tried to gave him her most wonderful smile.

                “I see. Hop in. I’ll drive you home. Looks like it’s going to rain ,so you better get in.” he said unlocking the door.

                “Thanks! I really need a ride home.” she said getting inside the car. She can't believe how lucky she was to have a ride home.

                “Welcome.” he smiled.

                “My brother said he’s busy today, so he can’t pick me up. I hope I didn’t ruin your schedule for today.” she apologized.

                “I actually have an appointment today but it can wait, so no harm done.” he said smiling.  He even put on the seatbelt for her and she blushed a little.

                They were slowed down a little by the traffic near the brdge when Haruka spoke, "So what do you do for fun?" she asked casually.

               "Going here and there." he answered lightly. "Mostly, car racing events."

               She clapped her hands in amazement, "Really? That's really cool."

               "Yeah, thanks." he smiled at her. "Have you watched a racing game?"

               "On TV."

              "Too, bad. Real action is mcuh cooler." he said clearly pleased that she thinks that what he does is cool. "Want to watch it live?"

              She can't believe what she's hearing, "I'm really into cars." she answered.

              "Here we are." he announced and the car stopped on the gates of a huge village.

             "I'll get off here now." she smiled. "It's just a little walk from here and I'll be at our house."

             "Are you sure?" he frowned. "I can still drive you home."

             "It's okay." she insisted. "Thanks for the ride."

            "Alright, then." he started to pull away the car as Haruka waved goodbye at him.

            Yuichi was smiling as he sped away with his sports car. He was pleased that he had the chance to drive Haruka home. She had captured his interest on the first day.

 

 

*NOTE: Chapter 5 of LOVE RIOT. Looks like our little playboy Yuichi likes Haruka, but she doesn't acknowledge it. Hmmm..who does she like then? :)