Look at Me

LOVE RIOT

12:03pm, Classroom

 

            Instead of going at the canteen for lunch Erie and her friends decided to eat in the classroom, Haruka and Sayako each cooked a meal for their friends because among them they were the one who’s good at cooking. The girls were having fun teasing Haruka and Sayako, they just discovered that both of them already have a boyfriend and they are no other than Hatsuharu and Kentaro.

 

                “You didn’t even tell us directly that you’re in love.” said Erie laughing at Sayako’s bright face.

                “We wanted to, but we just can’t find a good timing with all the stuff we’re doing.” explained Haruka.

                “It’s all like a blur to me actually.” said Sayako.

 

                The classroom door opened and Kentaro came inside followed by his friends. They looked like they were up to something having silly smiles on their faces.

 

                “Well, what do we have here?” asked Kentaro kissing Sayako on her cheek which made her blush red.

                “Get a room.” Ryuuzaki complained sitting on a nearby stool. The girls laughed and Kentaro throw a tissue on Ryuuzaki’s direction.

                “Who cooked this?” asked Shinji.

                “Haruka and Sayako, it looks like there’s something worth celebrating for.” said Saori meaningfully.

                “And what is that?” asked Hatsuharu.

                “Apparently the two of them already have a love life.” sing-songed Kazumi and they all laughed.

               
                The boys helped themselves with the food which is too much even for the girls who eat a lot.

 

                “Erie, before I forgot you’re taking special classes for Arts, right?” asked Yuichi.

                Erie nodded and Shinji said, “We saw your teacher awhile ago looking for you. I think you need to go to the studio.”

                “I don’t remember having a class today.” Erie frowned.

                “Where’s Ohjiro by the way?” Minako suddenly asked.

                “The food is really good.” said Ryuuzaki pointedly looking at Minako.

                “You should check it out.” said Kazumi picking up Ryuuzaki’s reaction. “Maybe it’s important.”

 

                Erie nodded reluctantly and picked up her back. She headed straight to the Arts studio and she felt a little weird inside.  Inside the studio on her usual place sat a man. He has his back on her but she could quiet figure out who he is.

 

                Erie approached him and said, “Well, what are you doing here?”

                Ohjiro looked at her and smiled. “Shhh. I’m concentrating.”

               

                Erie rolled her eyes and tried to get a better look at what he’s doing. She tried not to laugh when she realize what he was painting. It’s not ugly but it’s pretty hilarious that he’s concentrating on what he’s painting. It was a cartoon a character of Patrick Star and Spongebob Squarepants. The colors are so lively that you would think it is a picture straight out of the sea.

 

                “Is this what you learned at special arts class? Our teacher won’t be impressed.” Erie .

               

                Ohjiro smirked and said, “You’re being mean to me now?”

                “I’m not mean.” she pouted. “I’m just jealous because you’re concentrating hard on that.”

 

                Ohjiro stared at her and a slow smiled crept to his lips. Erie inwardly scolded herself, she tried not to look at him and concentrate on the painting.  Ohjiro reached towards her and her heart beat faster. She felt something on her cheek and she looked at him.

                “What the?” she started and wiped her face. Looking at her hand was multi-colored paint. “You are so dead.”

 

                Erie reached for a paint brush and smeared it on Ohjiro’s face. He tried to run but Erie’s reflex are fast. 

 

                “Time out.” Ohjiro shouted.

 

                They were both catching their breath from running after each other, carefully avoiding the equipments. Ohjiro slung his arm over Erie as he tried to catch his breath. Erie froze, she’s so aware of this closeness and she didn’t know how to respond. She tried to be casual about it but she just couldn’t stop herself from getting nervous.

 

                “What are you doing here?” she asked after awhile.

                “Nothing.” he said casually sitting on a stool. “Just trying to catch you here alone.”

                “So our teacher really didn’t want to see me?” she asked suspiciously.

                “No.”

                “Okay, you’ve seen me now. Let’s go back.” she said motioning to the door.

                “Let’s stay here for awhile.” he said catching her by the arm.

                “Okay.” she said sitting back on her stool.

                “You look silly.” he said pointing at her face.

                “So are you.” she smirked.

 

                Ohjiro stood up suddenly and motioned for her to wait. He went to the storage area where they keep their paintings. She can hear him rummaging for something when he called out.

 

                “Erie, whose painting is this?” Ohjiro asked.

 

                She walks towards the storage room and saw Ohjiro checking out a canvas. Erie took the painting from him and blushed. It was the painting of her and Ohjiro on her dream about him, the one Kentaro saw her paiting.

                “It’s mine.” she claimed.

                “The boy and girl is quiet familiar.” he frowned pointing at it.

                “Ah just a figure of my imagination.” replied Erie looking at the painting. This will never happen in real life, she thought sadly.

 

                Ohjiro was looking at her intently trying to read her expression. “A beautiful painting like that shouldn’t be just kept here.”

                “I don’t think someone will appreciate it.” she replied. “I think I should just get this home.”

                “Can I have it?” he asked holding out his hand. “I loved it.”

 

                Erie looked at him and he looked so serious. He took the canvass of her hands and she didn’t even protest. Ohjiro looked at the painting once more before wrapping it on a clean cloth and placing it near the door where he can see it.

 

                “Why are you so sad when you look at that painting?” Ohjiro asked.

                “Because it will stay that way, a picture.” she smiled a little sadly.

                “Why?” he frowned. “I’m sure it will happen if you believe in it.”

                “No.”

                “You don’t want to take my word for it?” Ohjiro asked quietly a little hurt.

               

                Erie looked at him intently trying to think of how to answer him. She decided that she couldn’t hide it anymore.

 

                “Ohjiro do you even know who’s the people on that painting?” she asked him.

                “Yes.”

                Erie took at deep breath, “It’s you and me.”

                “Yes.”

                “So you should know.” she said bitterly. “It will never happen.”

                “Why?”

                “Because that’s just how things work.” Erie said before turning back to him.

                “It’s because of Yui, isn’t?” Ohjiro asked with a different tone.

 

                Erie whirled around and looked at him questioningly.

 

                “What about him?” she asked.

                “You liked him didn’t you?” Ohjiro asked unsmiling.

                “Yeah and that was before.” Erie said meeting his eyes.

                “Before what?”

                “Before I knew that you’re the one who’s always on my dream the very reason why I made that painting.” she explained.

                “If that’s the case then why did you say it couldn’t happen?” Ohjiro asked confused.

                “Ohjiro, we’re worlds apart. You know what you want and I don’t. I just do things that I think of.” she said close to tears. “I need a guy who will take care of me, who will stay and protect me.”

               

                And with that she turned around and headed for the door but before she could even walk five steps ahead she felt Ohjiro arms wrapped around her.

 

                “I decided to be the guy a few seconds ago.” Ohjiro said softly and tears fall from her eyes.

               

                He hugged her a little more tightly not giving her the chance to get off .

 

                “I may be boring and lazy but please don’t think that I can’t be that guy you’ve always wanted.” Ohjiro said. “I’ll do everything to change your mind.”

 

                “Jiro, you’ve never been boring to me.” Erie laughed through her tears.

                “Then, please tell me you’ll give me a chance.” he said pleadingly,

                “I will, if you give me a chance to breathe.” she said breaking away from his hold.

 

                She gave him a kiss on the cheek and said, “You love me, that’s all that matters.”