Better Late Than Never

LOVE RIOT

              They were already eating when Ohjiro arrived. He was wearing a black tuxedo his hair rumpled like he just woke up. He was breathing heavily when he reached their table. His eyes immediately searched for Erie and were glad that she didn’t left.

 

               “Sorry, I’m late.” he apologized looking at Erie who’s pretending that he’s not there.

               “You’re really worst, Jiro. How can you be late in an occasion like this?” scolded Shinji. “Erie’s been waiting for you.”

 

              All of the boys nodded in approval and the girls smiled on how Ohjiro looked like a tamed sheep.

 

             “You shouldn’t keep a girl waiting.” added Kentaro.

             “That’s right.” approved Yuichi. “Look at me, sweet and gentleman.”

             “Whatever.” said Saori rolling her eyes.

             “Erie.” said Ohjiro. “Sorry.”

             “Hmpf!” she said and walk out of the group.

            “What are you waiting for? Follow her.” said Minako shaking her head.

            “Okay.”

 

            Ohjiro’s smiling solemnly when he followed Erie on the side of the school grounds. She was standing beside a cherry blossom tree near the dance floor.  The place was a little dim and the light coming from the dance floor makes her dress shimmer. She gave him a sharp look when she saw that he’s approaching.

 

             “Erie.” he called softly.

             “Don’t talk to me.” she said firmly.

             “I’m really sorry.” he said scratching his cheek in frustration. “I didn’t mean to get late. Swear.”

            “Whatever.” She said looking everywhere but at him. Out of the corner of her eye she saw Ohjiro plucked a long stemmed rose from his pocket. He handed it out to her and she ignored it.

             “Peace offering. Please?” he said giving her a puppy dog eyes. She took the rose and smiled a little. She have to give him some credit, at least he’s making an effort.

             “Don’t be angry.” he said trying to lighten her mood. “I know. C’mon let’s dance.”

             “I don’t want to dance.” she answered.

             “You don’t want me as your partner?” he asked with a different tone, like he’s hurt.

             “No.”

             “Then, why?” he asked confused.

            “You’re not yet eating.” she answered assessing him for the first time. He looked great on his black suit even with the rumpled hair; it makes him so boyishly handsome.

            “Hey, you’re concerned about me.” he smiled, liking the idea.

           “No, it’s not like that. I just don’t want you to pass out from hunger. I can’t drag you back at the table.” she said defensively but he only laughed.

            “It’s okay. I know you’re concerned. Ha-ha.” he teased. “I’m a tough guy. I can get by without eating.”

            “What are you doing to keep you from eating?” she asked warily.

            “Painting. C’mon don’t change the subject dance with me.”

 

            He reached for her hand and pulled her to the dance floor. Erie didn’t have the strength to refuse. She silently allowed Ohjiro to lead the dance. He was holding her hand gently and his arms on her waist securely, they swayed on the sound of music but after a few minutes of silence she looked at her and spoke.

            “Aren’t you hungry? Did you eat already?’ she asked.

            “I knew it! You’re really concerned.” he joked.

            “Just answer the question.” she said rolling her eyes.

            “No. I didn’t eat before I left. I hurriedly drive here.” he smiled. “I’m afraid you’ll kill me.”

            “Nearly.” she replied that made him smile. “Do you want to eat?”

            “Nope.” he said shaking his head and they continued to dance silently.

 

 

*Note: ahhhh. I don’t know what to say here. ^^ I’m busy calming myself.

 

 Jiro: Fighting!! >:]