Fast Lane

LOVE RIOT

11:09 School Parking lot

 

            It was an hour before midnight when the party ended and a lot of them were already exhausted. The R.H.Y bachelors together with their date were in the school parking lot and ready to go home except for Yuichi, he was nowhere to be seen.

 

                “Hey guys, where’s Yui?” asked Hatsuharu.

                “Must be here somewhere.” answered Ryuuzaki.

                “Don’t worry about him, he’ll be fine.” said Shinji unlocking his car. He gestured to Kazumi and she came forward. “Let’s go.”

 

                “Where are we going?” she asked him.

                “Your driver’s not going to come for you, right?” he asked her.

                “Uhm, no. He’s not.” she answered.

                “C’mon then, I’ll take you home.” said Shinji and she opened the door for her.

                “Home where?” she asked stupidly, her heart beating nervous on the thought of being alone with him in the car.

               

                Shinji frowned. “Your house. Would you prefer my house?”

               

The others laughed at this and she blushed deeply. “But aren’t we going to wait for them?”

“It’s okay, Kazumi. We’ll wait for Yui.” said Ryuuzaki.

 

She nodded and waved goodbye to her friends and promised to meet them a school. Kazumi immediately went inside the car and put on her seatbelt as Shinji slammed the door shut beside her.

               

                “We’ll go now.” said Shinji waving goodbye. His silver Volvo roared to life and they speed down the parking lot and into the cold night.

 

                The road was almost empty and Kazumi just stared outside her window. Shinji was silent too; he was busy thinking how this night transpires to him. He thought about Sayako and Kentaro laughing, but what he thought about most was the dance he and Kazumi shared. It bothered him that he’s thinking a lot about this because he didn’t understand any if this.

 

                Kazumi was starting to get bored because Shinji was being unbearably silent. She kept fiddling with her seatbelt and he doesn’t seem to notice. Finally, she couldn’t take it anymore. She reached at radio and turned it on, fumbled with the dial until she reached her favorite station.

 

                The music blared and Kazumi’s hands swayed into the beat, she closed her eyes but then the music stopped. Her eyes flew open, Shinji just turned off the radio.

She rolled her eyes and muttered, “Here we go again.”

 

                “What’s wrong with you, Shin?” she asked. “The music is nice.”

                “It’s noisy.” he said looking at her.

                “So?” she asked like as if she can’t see his point.

                “It irritates me.” he answered.

                “I thought you like music?” she asked frustrated.

                “Yes I do, but your music is so noisy.” Shinji said trying to reason with her but she won’t buy it.

                “What are you the classical guy?” she teased. “C’mon Shinji, loosen up.”

 

                She turns on the radio and Shinji just turned it off, again.

 

                “Look to be fair let’s just not turn it on, okay?” he asked. She pursed her lips and didn’t argue. They were close in the intersection now and there are no cars in sight, when a crazy idea went to her head.

 

                “Shinji, speed up.” she told him.

                “No.”

                “Please? It’s almost midnight and there are no cars.”

                “No.” he said firmly.

                “Pretty, please? Be like fast and the furious.”

 

                Shinji looked at her and rolled his eyes. “N-o.”

               

                Kazumi pouted as Shinji turned his attention back to the road. She smiled and took of her heels. She leaned on Shinji and he turned to her. She step on Shinji’s foot resting on the accelerator and they instantly speed up.

 

                Shinji’s eyes widened in surprise and demanded. “Are you out of your mind?”

                “No.” she smiled sweetly. He tried to get her to lift her foot but she won’t. They sped through the intersection before Kazumi sat down on her seat like an angel.

                “That’s over speeding and beating the red light.” he told her.

 

                “C’mon Shinji, there’s no harm done.” she smiled innocently.

                “Yeah, you nearly just got us killed.” he offered shaking his head.

                “You’re such a good boy.” she tsk-tsked.

                He sighed unable to stay mad at her when she’s giving her an angelic smiled. “I don’t know what to do with you.”

               

                She laughed softly and sat down contentedly as she looked out of the window. Shinji looked at her suspiciously waiting for her to try any crazy idea but she just sat there looking outside. He must’ve been crazy but he smiled thinking about the rush he felt when they were speeding dangerously.

 

                They reached Kazumi’s house and she waved at him goodbye. ‘Goodnight, Shinji.”

                “Goodnight.” he said. She turned to leave but then he called her again. She turned at him expectantly.

                “I hoped you enjoy tonight, like I did.” he said.

                She smiled, “Of course, I did.”

 

*Note: Weee… ^^ looks like Shinji’s confused about his feelings.  Go figure. lol