Testimonial

Entangled

(Jessica’s POV)

“I’m coming over immediately once I get settled back home. Don’t even think about escaping. We need to talk.”

That was the text that Tiff sent me once she landed back in Seoul. In the past few days, I’ve had extreme highs and lows, I was still recovering physically and I was emotionally drained, but Kryssie was by my side and that was all that mattered. Now that Tiff was back, it was like I had to face the music… I still hadn’t heard any news about whether the meeting in Japan was a success or not. I was praying that it was so she would at least forgive me for that part… As for the other… I knew I would have to explain to her about my relationship with Kryssie… It was time for us to officially “come out of the couple’s closet”…

“Kryssie…”

“Hmmm?”

She was at my desk studying like the good student she was whilst still trying to care for me as my ankle was still a little swollen.

“Tiff is coming over… I’m going to have to explain everything…” I told her.

“I thought you already did… and I thought she was fine with it…”

“I gave her the summary and yes she said she was fine with it. I’m sure she is but she’s probably still confused…” I explained. Then I showed her the text that I got from Tiff.

“You want me to do the explaining?” Kryssie offered. “I think unni will be more lenient on me.”

She was so sweet, but this was my responsibility.

“No. I owe it to her to explain it to her myself.”

“Well, I’ll be here for moral support… and I’ll play my pity card if we need it,” she chuckled.

“Thanks…”

“How’s your ankle doing? Is it feeling better?”

She left the book that she was reading on the table, walked over to the bed where I was and sat down beside me. Then she lifted the ice pack off of my ankle and then placed her hands around the area to warm it up slightly again. As she supported my foot with one hand, she used the other to slowly rotate my foot.

I flinched a little from the discomfort but the pain wasn’t too bad.

“It’s not too bad… There’s minimal pain at certain angles,” I told her.

“Hmmm… I think it’s not too bad. It doesn't seem to be too swollen. We should be okay as long as we keep it iced and elevated.”

She ran out of the room and came back with two pillows. She gently placed them under my foot so that it was aloft.

“Thanks, Dr. Jung,” I teased.

“Now, Ms. Jung… Make sure you don’t exert yourself too much. Keep off the foot as much as possible. Keep icing it down 3 to 5 times a day for 15 to 20 minutes each time,” she played along.

“Don’t worry doctor, I have a very devoted girlfriend who will carry me anywhere I want to go and takes care of me well.”

“Oh, sounds like you found yourself a really good girlfriend. If you weren’t already taken, I would have asked you out.”

“Yes, she’s perfect and I love her very much. Are you allowed to date your patients?”

“No, but for you I would face the consequences…” she giggled.

“Ohmigosh, doctor… Stop flirting with me… If my girlfriend finds out you tried to hit on me, she’ll throw a fit…”

“Oh really? She’s not very trusting then…”

“Oh no, don’t get me wrong… she trusts me but she’s equally possessive. She won’t act out of jealousy unless there’s really something to be jealous about.”

“Wow… sounds like your girlfriend loves you a lot… But why don't we give her something to be jealous about?” she smirked and then leaned in to give me a kiss, placing her hand on the back of my neck to make sure there was enough support to give me a deep and passionate kiss. She slowly ran her hand through my hair as she pulled out from the kiss.

“Oh my… You’re in trouble now, doctor...”

“Was I not better than your girlfriend?”

“Hmmm… I don’t know… I wasn’t feeling it because I was thinking of her the whole time…”

“I see how it is… But I’m not losing that easily… I’ll make you forget all about her… Come here, you!”

She pulled me in again. This time her tongue, a welcomed intrusion, made its way between my lips and into my mouth, using it to tease mine. We both lost ourselves in the kiss and the next thing I knew I was gripping and tugging at her shirt, while she was slowly reaching up under mine. She tore her lips from mine only to start trailing kisses down my neck.

Putting the roleplay aside, things were getting really heated yet Kryssie was still really careful not to agitate my injury.

Oh, this rascal…

“Kryssie… I have something-“

I wanted to tell her something important but she placed a finger over my lips to stop me.

“Shhh! You’ll ruin it…” she said as she placed her lips on mine again.

I’m never going to be able to tell her… Ah, screw it…

I decided to just surrender to the moment… And then… the doorbell rang.

Goddammit! I forgot about Tiff…

We both groaned in frustration because we knew who it was.

“Can I not finish anything today?!” I said in frustration.

“Oh, Jessie…” Kryssie laughed. “I guess I’ll go get the door…”

She got up and straightened herself up before heading out to answer the door.

“Wait… Kryssie… I know we were just playing but… You know I’ll never do that to you, right?”

“Hmmm? Do what?”

“Cheat on you…?”

She chuckled and walked back towards me. “You’re taking this too seriously, Jessie… But it makes me love you more…” She kissed me on the forehead and headed out again.

“Hey, Krystal! Where’s the perpetrator? You know that aiding and abetting a criminal is a crime, right?” I heard Tiff say from the living room. Her voice always rang clear no matter where she was.

“Hi, Tiffany unni… Taeyeon unni… Jessie’s in the bedroom…” Kryssie answered.

Taengoo’s here too? Great…

“Is she still incapacitated?” Taengoo asked.

“Yeah, a little bit…” Kryssie replied.

They all came into my room since it was the more convenient option.

“Uhm… hi guys…”

“Sica… how are you feeling?” Taengoo asked while Tiff just folded her arms.

She turned to Tiff and affectionately brushed Tiff’s arm. Tiff relaxed and unfolded her arms, freeing up her hands for Taengoo to take hold of the closest one. It was a little rare to see Taengoo being the affectionate one.

Uh oh… Something must have gone wrong… Tiff must be really angry…

“I’m not sick anymore but my stupid ankle is still messed up…” I answered. “Uhm… I feel like I’m on trial here…”

“Not a trial per se, we just need a few statements before we decide if you’re guilty or innocent…” Tiff said.

What is with everyone and all the roleplaying?!

“Oh, babe… stop torturing the poor girl…” Taengoo told Tiff.

“Awww… Taeyenonie… why’d you have to be such a killjoy?” Tiff whined, breaking her serious façade.

“Did we not say no more of this…? We just came to check on you, Sica…” Taeyeon said.

“Well… I wanted details… You just left me hanging…” Tiff added.

I let out a sigh of relief.

“I really thought something bad happened or you’re really mad at me… Oh, by the way… how did it go?”

Tiff broke into a huge smile. “We did it! We got it! It’s ours, babe!” She jumped onto the bed and threw her arms around me. “Uhm… Jess, your button is undone…” Tiff pointed out.

I looked at Kryssie and blushed.

“Did we… interrupt something?” Taengoo asked.

“NO!” Kryssie and I yelled out simultaneously.

“Sorry…” Tiff grinned. “Krystal, I hope you don’t mind…”

This time, Kryssie turned red.

“No… of course not… Nothing was happening…” Kryssie responded while she also got into the bed on the other side of me.

So now I had Tiff on one side and Kryssie on the other side, both snuggling up to me.

“Right…” Tiff said sarcastically.

“Taengoo… you joining us? Apparently, it’s a party now…” I said to her since she was the only one left standing.

She shrugged but decided to join us anyway, linking her arm around Kryssie’s.

We’re way too comfortable around each other…

“Okay… so spill… When did this happen? How did this happen? Who made this happen? Where are we at? Why hasn’t anyone told me about this?” Tiff asked, specifically aiming the last question at Taengoo.

“It’s not Taengoo’s fault… I made her promise not to tell...” I had to defend Taengoo first because she’s been so great to us. “Well basically… we’ve both been having some confusing feelings for a while. After mom and dad left, too many things happened. I found out about her feelings. She went to Taengoo for some counselling and that’s why they were so close… I got jealous obviously. Then after the whole hospital incident, I just couldn’t suppress my feelings anymore. Everything came spilling out… Kryssie finally found out that we aren’t genetically related. We decided we had to give it a go and everything else is history. We’ve been together since. I’m sorry I didn’t tell you earlier Tiff…”

“Woah! So when I confessed to you, you two were already together?”

“Yes… Sorry…” I answered with guilt.

“I’m sorry too, unni! Please forgive us…” Kryssie added.

“Why didn’t you guys just tell me from the beginning?”

“Well… I thought about it so many times but I couldn’t find the courage to…” I admitted.

“But you told Taeyeonie…”

“Not exactly… She found us out… She was the one who asked me about it…”

“You knew?! How?!” Tiff asked Taengoo.

“It was kind of obvious… I had a feeling… and I mean the little one came to me and Sica was having weird reactions towards Krystal and me… and then after she told us that they weren’t actually related, I just deduced,” Taengoo answered.

“Still… I know you two longer… You should have trusted me…” Tiff complained.

“Babe… sometimes it’s easier to tell someone you don’t know that well because their opinion doesn’t matter as much if it happens that they can’t accept what you tell them…” Taengoo explained.

She was right… It was exactly why I could tell Taengoo my problems so easily but I kept hesitating about telling Tiff.

“I guess I see your point… NO MORE SECRETS! You guys need to trust that I’m always on your side!” she scolded us.

“I’m sorry, Tiff… I promise… No more secrets.”

“You’re lucky I’m such a nice and understanding person…” she tried saying it seriously but I knew she was just playing.

“You’re right… I’m so lucky… Thank you…” I shifted my body so I could give her a hug.

“I love you, unni! You’re the best!” Kryssie threw her arms around and passed me to reach Tiff.

The three of us now locked in a three-way hug.

“Unni… you not joining in?” Kryssie giggled.

“This is so sordid…” she said but she decided to join us anyway.

Indeed we were the four weirdest people around, but we understood each other well so it didn’t matter.

“So what’s the deal with your ankle? Are you going to be able to come to work on Monday?” Tiff asked.

“I’m not sure… Is there a lot to get done?”

“Not really… I’ve got it. You just rest and recover. We’ve got a bit of time before the project officially kicks off after new years. There’s some things to get done ahead but we’ve got loads of time to get those done, no worries.”

“You’re really the best, Tiff… Any girl’s lucky to have you…”

“Feeling regret? Too bad, she’s mine now…” Taengoo said like a proud girlfriend.

“Hey! I’m right here!” Kryssie hit me on the arm.

“But you’re still the best, Kryssie…”

“Right…” she gave me a death glare.

“Okay… I think Taeyeonie and I should get going… I’m feeling a little tired,” Tiff said.

She gave me one last hug before getting up. Tiff and Taengoo exchanged hugs with Kryssie and they whispered something to her and then they all laughed.

“What?!” I asked. I knew it had to be something about me and I hated being left out. “Yah!”

“It’s nothing, Jessie…” Kryssie replied.

“Oh, hey… Just so you know… Yoona and Sooyoung were both asking about you and what not… I don’t know if you might want to give either one of them a call… maybe Yoona since you’re closer to her… She said something about you rejecting her with a beautiful confession? I’m not sure… Anyway… I happened to mention that you and Krystal’s unique family situation… just in case they happened to find out something but I didn’t mention that you two were in a relationship,” Tiff explained before leaving.

I also knew that that would be inevitable eventually… especially if Kryssie and I wanted to be able to just be a couple out in the open…

“I got it… Thanks.”

TaeNy said another round of goodbyes before leaving.

“Ahem! What is this about Yoona unni?” Kryssie asked in suspicion.

“Uhm… didn’t I mention what happened on the way to the airport?”

“No…”

“Well, she was the one who made me realize that I should have chosen you instead of my job… She’s the reason why I came back to you… So you have nothing to worry about…”

Her expression softened. “So I should thank her, huh?”

“Well… it’s just… you shouldn’t worry that anything would happen between me and anyone else… because there’s no one else…”

“Hmmm… okay…”

Then she grabbed her books and started walking out.

“Hey, where are you going?”

“To study… I can’t have any more distractions! Call me if you really need me, otherwise, you can call any one of your other girls…” she said and then went back to her room.

I couldn’t even give any response except to sigh…