One Step Closer. part 4

Something Flutters
Please log in to read the full chapter

YHY Sketchbook.

 

“Annyeonghaseo, Yoo Hee Yeol imnida.” The clapping sound from the audience filled the studio. “For today’s episode, we will have performances who have tittle as Digimon in our industry.”

“It’s not digimon animation yeorobun, but digital monster. Because they always successfully invaded the music charts every time they released a song or album. Thou the tittle is digital monster, but our first performance is so far from that. A spring goddess is more suitable for her. The one who usually called as nation’s voice, the ever so charming, Kim Taeyeon-sshi.”

 

The whole studio clapped once more, welcoming a beautiful woman on stage, ready with her first song.

 

 

 

“Yeorobun, please welcome Kim Taeyeon.” Yoo Hee Yeol introduced her to the audience.

“Annyeonghaseo, Kim Taeyeon imnida.” Taeyeon bowed to the crowd, flashing her beautiful smile before took a seat beside Yoo Hee Yeol.

“I remember the first time you came to my show was around eight years ago.”

“18 years ago?” Taeyeon asked back, a little bit surprised.

“I said eight years ago, Taeyeon-sshi. You were promoting ‘Gee’ with SNSD.”

“Oh, I’m sorry.” She laughed, “Yes… I was still so young back then. 19 years old Taeyeon. Now I’m 29 years old.”

“But honestly, you look the same. You seem haven’t aged a day.” He said in amazement.

“Aish, don’t say like that. I’m getting old day by day you know.” Taeyeon pushed Yoo Hee Yeol slightly in embarrassment. The audience chuckled seeing her cute antic.

“Last time we met was two years ago, you were promoting for your first solo release. How were you doing during those times?” Yoo Hee Yeol asked her.

“I was doing good, thank you. So many things happened within that span of year but everything was good, eventually. I did CFs, recorded my album, played arcade and escape rooms.” Taeyeon’s last answer brought the laughter inside the studio.

“Ah, your Myeong-dong escapade was really famous.” Yoo Hee Yeol nodded. “So, with whom you went to the escape rooms?” The laughter continued when Yoo Hee Yeol asked Taeyeon wittily.

“With peoples, I’m sure of it.” She answered back with a smirk.

“Of course it was a people. Dragon is just his stage name, after all.” Upon hearing Yoo hee Yeol’s words, the studio blew up not only with laughter but also teasing sound from the audience, making Taeyeon blushed hard.

“Taeyeon, I really want to ask this question, are you two okay now?” Yoo Hee Yeol asked her, sincerity laced on his voice.

“Yes, we are okay now, thank you.” She answered, smiling happily. The audience clapped their hand upon hearing her answer. Yoo Hee Yeol responded with his own smile.

“So, today is a white day. Did you receive gifts from your loved ones?”

“Ehm, unfortunately no,” Taeyeon answered while laughing, “Please give me one, oppa.”

“How come that rich boy didn’t give you any gift?” Yoo Hee Yeol faked his surprised tone, “I honestly have a gift for you. But feel shameful because it’s so simple compare to what the dragon can give you.”

Taeyeon laughed, “Since I didn’t receive any gift, can you give me that?”

“Sure, wait a minute.” Yoo Hee Yeol walked to the backstage before coming back with a jumbo size lollipop in his hand. Taeyeon as well the audience laughed again.

“Oh, this is the biggest lollipop I’ve ever seen.” Taeyeon said after she received the candy from him.

“Promise me you’ll keep the candy even though you receive fancier gift from others.” Yoo Hee Yeol asked her seriously.

“Yes oppa, I’ll keep it with my heart.”

 

 

 

“Your first full album contains a very wide range of genres. Is there any song that you treasure mostly?”

“There is. Neil sunbaenim song, Time Walk through Memories. I’ve been his fan ever since my trainee day. I did a cover for this song last year on my solo concert. I was very ecstatic when he gave me permission to officially sing this song.”

“Talking about My Voice album, it has two covers right? Innocent one and y one. What was your member saying after they saw the y one?” Yoo Hee Yeol asked.

“When I sent the picture through our group chat, it created havoc.” Taeyeon laughed, reminiscing the girls’ response. “I’m not a member who usually showed my y side, so they were very surprised.”

“And how about that dragon?” Yoo Hee Yeol asked again, eyebrows moving up and down, teasing her.

“Which dragon? I don’t know any dragon that still alive until this day.” Taeyeon answered innocently, referring her answer to a real dragon.

“Should I say his name, then? I mean Kwon Jiyong, the leader of Big Bang, did he say something regarding your y concept?” Yoo Hee Yeol challenged Taeyeon, making her laughed. The whole studio laughed with her.

“Now you’re bringing his name to the spotlight,” she sighed playfully, “He liked the song, but not with the concept. But he keeps on supporting me. After all, the decision making was not only on my side but also my company.”

 “But why didn’t you compose your own song? I’m sure you have a very good mentor for that.” Yoo hee Yeol said, referring to Jiyong.

“I’m not the type of person who like to tell everyone about my memories and problems. I usually kept it all to myself and shared them only to a few people. I didn’t write them in diary either. I only wrote songs when I felt overwhelm toward a certain circumstance.”

“Who’s the composer you really want to work with?”

“Jung Joon Il-nim. I really want to work with him. Actually he already gave me his composed song which I keep until I feel the right time to release it.”

“You didn’t like the song, do you?” Yoo Hee Yeol , which make the whole studio exploded with laughter.

“Aniya…” Taeyeon denied while laughing, “It’s just the problem of right time, oppa.”

“It’s okay, I’m his friend. He won’t feel offended.” The laughter went louder.

“Aish, don’t be like that.” She said still laughing.

“Don’t you want to work with Jiyong-sshi from Big Bang? I heard he is a very good composer.” The teasing From Yoo Hee Yeol came again.

“I heard he is scary. I think I can’t handle that.” Taeyeon asked his answer after thinking thoroughly. The laughter turn into its loudest, they couldn’t handle the teasing game and her witty answer towards Yoo Hee Yeol’s question.

 

 

 

“Where are you?” Jiyong called Taeyeon right after she finished YHY Sketchbook recording.

“On my way home. Wae? Are you finishing your song already? Where are you?”

“I’m afraid I have to sleep inside my studio. The song needs little bit more finishing touch,” his tired sigh was audible thru the phone, “I just miss you.”

“I already miss you since a week ago, baby boy. You sound so tired. Want me to come over?”

“No need. It’s almost midnight. You don’t have any schedule after this, do you?”

“No baby, this is my last schedule.” She settled her Channel bag on her shoulder and started to walk outside the building with her manager unnie.

“Do you have free time tomorrow? Can you meet me on YG building?”

“I have to ask Songhee unnie first, okay? I’ll call you tomorrow morning?” Taeyeon answer was replied by a groan from Jiyong. Taeyeon could only chuckle at his whiny attitude.

 

Due to Taeyeon’s successful comeback, she was facing a tight schedule of album’s promotion. Thou she didn’t appear too much on music program, but series of non-stop fan signing and radio program took most of her time. Not to mention her group schedule and photoshoot for her deluxe album and CFs. It was just last night when she knows that SMEnt planned to give her a series of solo Asia Tour concert. She was feeling overwhelm with all the sudden bustle. And at the end of the day, it caused the wedding preparation she was doing at that time, being pushed back to the back of her head.

In the same time, Jiyong was also preparing for his solo album. Before he went to serve his country in military, he wanted to give his fans a present, as well as the world tour his company had been talking about. He didn’t tell Taeyeon yet because none of them has been decided. At that time, all of his attention succumbed on his unfinished song. After a very long and tiring discussion with Taeyeon, he finally decided to sleep in his other apartment at Mapo district, nearer to YG building, but further from Taeyeon who sleeps in SNSD dorm at Gangnam district. Because of that unfortunate clashed schedule, they were not seeing each other for almost a week. It was a torture for both of them, but being in entertainment industry for more than a decade already told them what price they have to take.

 

Time and freedom.

 

Sometimes their own exhaustion took the best of them, causing miscommunication turned into fights.

 

But being with each other for five years already teach them about how to finish all the misunderstanding between them.

 

Trust and patience.

 

 

“Arraseo. Call me ASAP baby girl. I miss you like crazy.”

“I miss you crazier, my whiny dragon. Don’t forget to eat and drink your multivitamin before sleep. I love you ssilyong.”

Jiyong chuckled upon hearing his old endearment, “I love you too princess.”

 

 

 

‘Jiyong-ah, mianhe. I have to attend a meeting with SM board. If the timing is possible, I’ll drop by at your apartment and kiss you goodnight. I love you.’

 

 

A smile plastered on Jiyong’s lips after he read Taeyeon’s chat. It has been two weeks since their own schedule consumed most of their time and attention, separating them from each other warmth. That single chat from Taeyeon already elating his heart and gave him spirit to continue his torturing day.

 

Just few more hours, Jiyong, you’ll have her inside your arms. Bear it for a while, Jiyong chanted those words inside his head.

Please log in to read the full chapter