Turns Upside Down. Part 2.

Something Flutters
Please log in to read the full chapter

The Ritz-Carlton Tokyo

Taeyeon’s Hotel Room

 

2.00 a.m.

 

 

It has been almost 2 hours, but that lady on the bed didn’t even move.

Well sorry, she did move. Her eyes blinked, her chest rose up and down, her tears fell down to her cheeks.

It was countable, right?

 

Jessica and Fany had left her room around midnight, giving the crying girl some times to rest. But there she was, two hours later, not be able to sleep or rest, just staring the white blank ceiling, with her blank heart and mind.

 

Taeyeon already got her phone back. But she didn’t have any courage to turn it on. After received such kind of information, a huge, big hole has already embedded on her chest. What would happen to that painful invisible hole if she turns the device on?

 

Because she was sure that many people already called her, asking if she already heard the news.

Because she was sure that many people already left their messages and voice mails, asking if she’s okay.

 

And it was surely, absolutely overwhelming.

 

Would their concern make her feel better? Would it lessen her heart ache?

 

 

Despite the hollow feeling she felt, there was only one person who always flashed through her mind.

 

One person that she needed the most

One person that she wanted to hear so badly

 

And the only way to contact that person was through her lifeless device.

More than a decade being with SM Entertainment had taught her how they work. Their flaws, their pride and glory, their media strategy, even their defense mode, she almost knew it all.

 

So, it was a normal thing when that person failed to contact her by now. Because her company made she out of reach, almost from everyone, in any possible ways.

 

Typical SM Entertainment

 

 

Eventually, she decided to turn her phone on, with hope that her manager unnie would fill her promise to not let the company block her mobile phone too.

 

And she sure filled her promise.

 

 

 You have 23 Missed Call

15 Voice Messages on your mailbox

42 Unread Messages

 

 

Her sisters, her friends, her dongsaengs, her parents, her siblings, Kwon elders and Dami unnie…

But the amount of their effort won’t beat him, that desperate dragon.

 

‘Taeyeon-ah, please don’t believe them...’

‘Baby, please pick up my phone…’

‘Hon, please… let me explain first…’

 

Taeyeon read and listened to all his messages and voice mails with a heavy heart.

 

‘Kim Taeyeon, please pick up your phone…’

‘Let’s talk, jagiya. Please let me explain it to you…’

‘Don’t be angry please. Please… I beg you…’

‘I love you Kim Taeyeon, with all my heart. Please don’t believe those cheap articles…’

 

It sank deeper and deeper when she heard his desperate voice.

 

‘Taengoo, princess… my sun, please don’t shut me out like this…’

‘I love you, baby. Tell me we’re fine, please… I’m getting crazy…’

‘I’m this close to fly to Japan, honey. Please pick up your phone…’

‘Don’t leave me now my love. I could die if you do that…’

 

 

“Yeah Jiyong, I could die too…” she whispered sadly

 

 

Riing… Riing…

 

Just in time, her phone rang.

 

My Ssilyong is calling…

 

Wiped her tears, cleared , and straightened her position…

 

“Hello…”

“KIM TAEYEON! Godammit! Where have you been? Why did you turn your phone off? I’m getting crazy.” Jiyong exclaimed almost screaming.

“I miss you too, Jiyong.”

Taeyeon’s soft answer caught Jiyong off guard then the feeling of something sharp stabbed right to his heart following after. He exhaled a big amount of breath then blew it off.

“And I’m getting crazy too.” She said while trying hard to hold back her tears.

“I’m so sorry Taeyeon, don’t cry. And I miss you too, so badly.”

“Ar-r… are you doing fine?”

“Taeyeon…” he was also, holding back his tears.

“Sorry if I didn’t call you earlier. My manager took my phone away.”

 

A ball of guilt started to get bigger inside of him. All this time, he thought that Taeyeon shut him out because of this scandal. Yet, finally he realized that his Taeyeon wouldn’t do such a thing.

 

Ssilyong.

 

“I’m not fine Taeyeon. I miss you, I need to see you… I feel dying just by thought that you’re leaving me. Please don’t do that princess. We’re stronger than this, right?”

That question left unanswered because Taeyeon could only cry silently.

“Taeyeon, honey… you don’t believe them, do you?” Jiyong asked Taeyeon desperately

“I love you, Jiyong. I hope you know that” that was only answer she could give to him.  

“You’re not answering my question.”

“I love you, and it will overpower everything. Nothing’s matter for me now Jiyong, but you.” she said while her tears fell endlessly.

“I love you too, hon. I’m sorry if you’re crying, I’m sorry if you feel hurt. But please know that you’re my life now.” Jiyong said, also crying on the other line. Yanggeng, who sat beside him at that time, was witnessing his friend’s sorrow in silence.

 

Kwon Jiyong were having a menboong. It was rare occasion, very very very rare occasion.

 

“Are you okay now?” Taeyeon asked him. Her concerned voice was obvious.

 “It’s me, who suppose to ask you that.” He laughed bitterly.

“No, Jiyong. I’m… fine. I just… scared that you might have some hard time dealing with this alone. I’m… afraid that people around you are hurting you while you’re already hurt because of this”

“No, don’t worry about me, love. Are they hurt you? It must’ve been hard for you too, judging from your hoarse voice. I’m sorry for making you cry this much.”

“I cried because I feel worry and sorry for you. I’m afraid this will hurt you so much. You worked so hard for us, you don’t deserve this mess.”

“Oh… Taeyeon.”

“And I cried, because I miss you. So bad… I miss you.”

 

This is Taeyeon.

 

The most selfless woman Jiyong ever met

The most kind-hearted woman Jiyong ever knew

A woman who always making her love ones as her number one priority, no matter it is

 

This is the life he has been dreamt of, even though some times, he felt like he doesn’t deserve her. The vision of his happy ending, his happily ever after, is her.

 

Kim Taeyeon. 

 

And people will do anything to protect their reason to life, right? It’s not selfish; it’s just making you human.

So did Kwon Jiyong.

And when anything become ANYTHING, which means Jiyong was ready to lose everything for her. Even if he has to feel the worst pain and made him crack into pieces, he won’t care.

 

Oh, that’s the magical power of love whose can turn people into a selfless one.

 

 

“Could you please stop worrying about me? I’m the one who should do that. I promised so many times to protect you, to not make you cry, yet here I am making you cry again, feeling so helpless because I can’t even hug you, or simply wipe your tears. I’m… forgive me, love. Forgive me please.”

“Sshh… Jiyong. I’m okay. Let’s not blame ourselves like this. I miss you… don’t you miss me?” she asked him, smiling. And she was sure he can feel her smile because a soft chuckle could be heard from the other line.

“I… well, me not missing you? Not in a million time.”

“Sweet talker.”

“I am.” He laughed softly. “Stop crying, okay?”

“Sir, yes sir!”

“Wait for me, love. Just hours later, I’ll wipe all your tears, I’ll hug you to your sleep, I’ll—“

“What are you talking about? Where are you now?”

“What’s with that question? Of course I’ll go to see you. I brought YG appa’s plane and about to boarding in thirty minutes.”

 “NO! DON’T!” Taeyeon exclaimed a little too harshly.

“What?”

“Don’t do anything stupid like that, silly. They might just kick you out and lock me up even tighter.” Taeyeon tried to kick some sense into his messy mind. He doubted at first, yet he found her right.

 

He sighed.

 

“Don’t you miss me?”

“Me not missing you? Not in a million time, Dragon.” Taeyeon gave back his words then awarded by his chuckles.

“Can you stop stealing my words?” he asked her playfully and received her laugh in return.

 

Her laughs.

Just by hearing that sweet sound, all the burdens that fell onto his shoulder earlier vanish into ashes.

Suddenly, he can breathe again.

 

“I love you. In this web of lies, never forget that truth.” He spoke; make the butterflies inside her stomach gone wildly.

“I love you too, Jiyong. And that will never change.”

 

Narita International Airport

International Flight Departure

Waiting Room

 

7.00 a.m.

 

 

“Unnie I beg you.” Taeyeon was in the verge of crying when she asked her manager unnie’s favor.

 

One of a kind favor.

 

“Taeyeon-ah… you know how’s the company. They’ll drag your neck straight to the executive board then give you their sweet demanding question. And no one can escape from that” Her manager unnie sighed.

“But you know I have something to clear up, right? This is about my future unnie, I’m so desperate right now. I have to see him! Please unnie… please…”

“And what excuse you’ll give them? Their persuasion is below zero, you know that.”

“If they ask, please tell them that I have some family issues in Jeonju. My brother has agreed to fetch me up at the airport, just in case.” Taeyeon said, pleading with all her might.

“What did your family say about this matter?” the manager unnie asked the near-to-crying girl in front of her. Honestly, she didn’t want to ask her, neither discuss this hurricane with her. Because she knew, every single question about this will make every single pieces of her heart fall.

But she couldn’t help to feel concerned and worried. What if The Kims believe everything the media says? What if they hate Jiyong and forbid Taeyeon to meet him again? What will happen to their sweet fairy tale story? What’s left for them if this storm turns into twister?

 

As much as she wants to ask her those questions, somehow she already knew what kind of answer T

Please log in to read the full chapter