Minutes To Dawn. Part 3

Something Flutters
Please log in to read the full chapter

Two broken soul.

Two restless body.

Two pairs of brown eyes.

Two pairs of longing gaze.

 

“I – I’m sorry if I wake you up”

“No… It’s, umm… I’m sorry for barged into your space. I’ll go – “Taeyeon said while rose her body from bed.

“DON’T!” Jiyong raised his voice in panic.

 

No, she can’t go.

She can’t go and leave him just like that.

 

“Uhm… I mean, don’t go.” He repeated the words with calmer voice.

“But you want to sleep.”

“No, I want to see you.” Those words flew away from his mouth unconsciously. His mouth agape, tried to say something to convincing this woman to stay.

 

But nothing came out from his mouth.

So, he just kneeled down in front of her, bring his gaze to her eyes level. He was afraid to touch her. Afraid she might be disappear and leave his broken soul alone tonight.

 

“I don’t know if I still can say this, but I miss you. So please stay. Even just for one night, please don’t leave me.”

 

Those words, those sincere eyes ignited Taeyeon’s duct of tears to come alive.

 

 

“Yes, I’ll stay tonight.”

 

 

A huge relieve was visible from his eyes.

Suddenly, a strong desire to pull Jiyong’s body into her embrace came and shook her hard.

 

“I’ll go for a quick bath. Promise me you’ll be here when I finish.” Jiyong used his eyes do the pleading. He wanted to touch her hand, to feel her existence, to make sure that she’s not just an illusion.

 

But he was afraid. And he was afraid too, if his pleading eyes couldn’t convince her enough to stay.

 

“Don’t worry, you have my words.”

“I won’t be long, promise.”

“Take your time, I won’t go anywhere.” Jiyong flashed her his genuine smile before rushing into the bathroom.

 

When the shower started to running, she laid her body back to the familiar bed. Her mind wandered everywhere. Part of her cursed her carelessness. She drove all the way from Busan to his pad, not to her own for Goddess’s sake! Driving to the least place she want to go, who’s in the right mind do that?

But another part of herself felt happy. It probably because of the euphoria after meeting Yerin. It probably less boulder she carried makes her feel relieved.

 

She didn’t really know.

And  she chose to let it go.

For once, she wanted to listen to her heart and closed all her rational mind, even if only just for one night.

 

Eventually, her eyes closed.

 

She failed to see that one man’s eyes, staring at her, radiating all the love he had for her.

She failed to see that one man’s genuine smile, plastered on his handsome face right away after he saw her relaxed body on his bed.

 

Taeyeon wasn’t fully asleep when she registered the weight at the bed beside her. His scent came after that, blinding her sensory organ, clouded her disturbed mind.

His warm breathing made Taeyeon knows that Jiyong was laying down facing her.

 

 

And so, with her clouded mind, she opened her eyes.

Another pair of soft brown orbs greeted her.

It held the same warmth.

                            

 

Tons of butterfly danced inside her stomach.

 

 

“How are you?” Jiyong asked h

Please log in to read the full chapter