Minutes To Dawn. Part 4

Something Flutters
Please log in to read the full chapter

Seoul Galleria Forret

 

5 a.m.

 

Usually it’ll took a good thirty minutes to have the conscious dragon in the morning.

But with the coldness of the empty bed beside him, it needed less than three seconds to wake the sleepyhead dragon up.

 

 

“Taeyeon!”

As soon as he registered the lack of warmth beside him, he jumped out of the bed to his still closed door, then dashed towards the living room.

 

There he spotted his butterfly ready to fly away from him.

 

“Taeyeon!” He greeted the woman who looked startle a little louder than he intended.

“Well, good morning to you too. You woke up rather early.” Taeyeon said while peeked at her wristwatch. It was still 5.a.m.

“Where are you going?”

“Urm, I believed there should be some things I have to take care of. Shouldn’t you?”

“What I need to take care of is you.”

“I can take care of myself. I’m not a baby.”

“But you are my baby.”

 

Taeyeon could laugh mightily at his pick-up line if they were in a better circumstance. But what they have were far from that, plus Jiyong’s worry eyes framed by his furrowed eyebrows somehow told Taeyeon that he’s being unconscious of what he was saying.

She knew Jiyong just being panicked and desperate to make her stay.

 

Which she didn’t want to do at all.

 

“I said I can manage myself. Don’t you have any schedule?”

“I don’t”

“Stop lying.”

“I’m not.”

 

That was a wrong move.

Jiyong knew how Taeyeon hates liar and he’s just like an open book to her.

Damn.

 

“You’re wasting my time.”

“I will lock you up in here if I have too.”

“What?” Taeyeon amusingly asked.

“I’m serious.”

“Well,” Taeyeon composed herself, preventing her laugh came to the surface because of the look on Jiyong’s face, “Possessive little one, huh?”

“You should understand better than anyone.”

“I have schedules, Jiyong. I think you should understand better than anyone.”

 

Her answer made Jiyong’s mouth gaped open, trying to say other smart reason to make her stay.

But nothing came out, only a desperate sigh.

Taeyeon had to press her laugh again.

 

“Fine. But please, tell me everything is okay now between us.” Jiyong’s stare bored straight to Taeyeon’s eyes.

“We’re not.”

 

As Jiyong’s gaze was on Taeyeon, she could see shock flashed thru his eyes.

She wanted to erase that by hugging him, really. But she knew better to keep that desire for the right time.

 

“What?!”

“Last night fixed many things, but we’re still far from okay.”

“Kim Taeyeon – “

“What we have now, is still a broken one. It’s not fully recover to its real condition. I know, you know that. Instead of hiding, I choose to fix it. So we could stand on a stronger ground later.”

 

He really hated to agree, but none of Taeyeon’s words were wrong. She was always the rational one, with some magical strength to kick out his egoistic blinded mind, put it back to the right track.

 

This, what he missed about Taeyeon.

He missed his strong butterfly so much.

So freaking much.

 

Taeyeon was ready for his other retort when she felt a pair of arms reached her and swooped her into an embrace. Her body stiffened for a while before relaxing to his touch. She sighed silently. Finally after a long time, she could feel at ease.

 

“Just make sure that you’ll come back to me.” He said while burying his head deeper to her neck.

“Let’s hope for the best.”

“Can you stay tonight?” Jiyong released the hug and brought his gaze to her beautiful brown orbs.

“You’re being greedy now. I can’t promise you anything.” Taeyeon said.

“Okay then.”

 

Taeyeon fixed her sling bag before stepped out from Jiyong’s penthouse. She needed to get out of that place faster before her hormone took the best of her and locked herself instead with him inside his penthouse.

 

A small tugged on her arm stopping her.

 

“Can you at least tell me where do you want to go?”

“SM building.”

 

Jiyong’s eyes widen at the mere mention of her company.

 

“Stop that Taeyeon! It won’t any good to your career!” Jiyong said thru his gritted teeth. His hand pulled Taeyeon’s arm unconsciously.

“Me having a solo album. Whic

Please log in to read the full chapter