Taking a Breath

The Way You Look At Me

 

You stayed at home the next day because your injuries were quite severe, and yet you declined Yookwon’s many offers to take you to the hospital. Your ribs were severely bruised, your left ankle was sprained, you had a cut on your right cheek from when the man held the knife to your face and you had lots of other cuts and bruises around your body. Yookwon was hurt, as well. He had bruised ribs and large gashes on his arms, but remained strong. You hadn’t seen Jaehyo since what happened last night, and you were dying from the curiosity of where he was at this moment. It was eating you up. You stared at Yookwon from the lounge as he cooked you lunch. “Thankyou.. For last night…” you trailed off. He looked up at you and smiled, “No problem, just make sure next time to call me to pick you up, or no going out!” he teased. You sighed. “Okay…” you pouted, making Yookwon’s heart melt. “Omo!” you jumped up and winced at the pain coming from your ribs. “Yah! Kenchana!” Yookwon ran to you and put his hands softly on your ribs. You looked up and realised his face was very close to yours. You blushed and looked away, your heart was beating fast, and you didn’t know why. ‘Why am I like this…?’ 
You weren’t the only one whose heart was beating fast, Yookwon’s was too. He blushed and took his hands away from your ribs and coughed awkwardly, going back to resume cooking. You took out your phone from your pocket (which, from vibrating, caused you to jump) and saw a missed call. ‘1 missed call. Zico’You decided to call him back. The phone started ringing and your heart rate sped up again. ‘What is happening?!’ you thought, holding your chest. The line picked up, “Yoboseyo?”

“Ah, Zico, you called?”
“Oh, ______! Where are you? Did you get home safely?” he asked eagerly. You chuckled then stopped, replaying what he just asked. ‘Did you get home safely?’ You stiffened. “Um, ahh- that… you see…” You whispered. “What?! Are you alright?! Are you kidnapped?!” He yelled. “A-aniyo! Um, Well.. As I was walking home, I sort of got… attacked? By a group of hairy scary looking men. I think they were drunk. And then my-“ you stopped, took a breath and resumed talking, holding in your emotions, “My- brother…. And his friend, came and saved me..”. You heard a chair moving and loud footsteps from the other line. “Zico?”
“I’m coming! Where do you live? I’m coming now!” he yelled. You told him the address and he hung up. You dropped your phone in your lap and sighed. Where IS Jaehyo? You decided to ask Yookwon. “Um, Yookwon…” you said, holding your emotions in, “Where is… You know… Jaehyo?” you winced. He stopped cooking and looked up, sorrow spread across his face. You were oblivious to his expression and looked around the room. “He… um, I think he went out um.. for a while,” he replied slowly. “Oh, okay then…”

Just then, you heard a loud knock on the door. “Who would be here now?” Yookwon murmured as he wiped his hands clean and went to see who was at the door. He opened it and Zico came running in. Due to uncontrollable reflexes, Yookwon jumped on Zico and tackled him to the ground, shoving his face onto the hard, wooden floor. “Who are you?!” Yookwon screamed. “S-Stop! He’s my friend! Let him go!” you squealed. Yookwon looked up and slowly got off Zico’s body. Zico got up and rubbed his wrist. “Aish. That hurt.”
Yookwon walked back to the stove, “Now you’ll know never to run into my house again, babo” he murmured. Zico looked at you and ran up. He started apologising and begging you to forgive him. You winced as he squeezed you in a tight grasp. “S-sorry...” he apologised, looking down. “It’s alright.” You both talked for a while and unknowingly you forgot about Jaehyo. It was just like when you first arrived here and ate pancakes with Yookwon, you were having fun. Yookwon, however, was discreetly listening to your conversation with Zico. “He must be the ‘friend’ she was with last night. Psh, pretty boy, you can’t do anything.” He smirked, but then his smile fell, “But, it looks like ______ really likes him… And he likes her… I guess I’m out of the question…”

You heard a loud clang of plates and cutlery hitting the table harshly. You looked back and saw that Yookwon had prepared lunch. “Here, you two eat, I’ll be in my room.” He said as he walked off. “But, aren’t you going to eat?” you got up and took a seat at the table, whiffing the delicious smell of food.
“Well, I only made enough for two, and seeing as this… friend of yours,” Yookwon eyed Zico, “came, I won’t be eating. Guests are always first.”
You softened at Yookwons words, he was such a gentleman, but you were sad that he was going to skip eating meal. You looked at Zico, you was already pigging out on the meal. You sighed and started eating.

 

Yookwon went into his room and closed the door. Slumping on his bed, he ran his hand through his soft brown hair, “Ottoke? She likes him, he likes her. If I come into the situation everything will become worse and _____ will probably end up hating me, right? So all I can do is be… Her other brother…” Yookwon winced at the word brother. He didn’t want to be your brother, he wanted to be the one for you, but with Zico here he didn’t have a chance. Yookwon was never good with showing feelings to girls. Ever since he was 13 he could not show feelings. He liked a girl named Sohee. One day he decided to confess but she just laughed at him and walked away. He had the flowers and everything, but she just left him alone, not even an apology that she didn’t like him. Yookwon was very strong about it and got over the incident but ever since had a problem with confessing things.

Yookwon paced around his room for a while, thinking about what he could do, but then realised Jaehyo wasn’t home. “Ah! I better go see him before it gets dark!” He grabbed his jacket and keys, shaking you from his thoughts. “I have to forget about her for at least a little bit”

You were with Zico, talking and laughing. You heard Yookwon come in the lounge. “Yah, you can go home now.” He told Zico. You shook your head. “Ani, let him stay,”
“Nah, it’s alright, I have to go now anyway, take care _____, annyeong” Zico smiled and left, closing the front door. You frowned. “You’ll be alright by yourself for a bit? Yeah? I’m going for a while, I’ll be back,” Yookwon asked, raising his eyebrows. You nodded, “Where are you going?” Yookwon froze, “Um, just out, you know, probably go to the supermarket and buy stuff, I just need some fresh air,” he smiled. “Okay,” you said as you got up slowly and went to Yookwon. You wrapped your arms around him. “Gomawo, for everything…”. Yookwon’s heart was beating a million beats per second. He didn’t know what to do, so he just stood there as you hugged him. “Take care,” you said. “Urm, yeah, I will, you take care too, okay? Don’t answer the door to anyone, nor the phone, I’ll be home soon. Call if you need anything, arasso?” he said awkwardly, as you released him from your bear hug. You both bid farewell and Yookwon left. You sighed and locked the door.

 

Yookwon got into his car and drove off. Putting a random CD into the player, he reversed out of the parking spot and left the parking lot. Yangpa’s “It hurts” started playing. It was a sad ballad, which made things worse for Yookwon. He was dealing with a lot of things lately, mainly Jaehyo and now you. Reaching his destination, where Jaehyo was, Yookwon let out a sigh. He walked to the entrance of the building and looked up, reading the 8 letter word in bold.

‘HOSPITAL’


I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sorry! I AM REALLY SORRY! I am sorry sorry sorry for not updating! D': I've been wuite busy so I couldn't really do it, and also I tried to write once but my brain wasn't complying with me. I hope this chapter makes up for it, even though it is quite boring TT^TT Please forgive me! :( I also am really tired at the moment, so I didn't edit this chapter, so if there are mistakes, I'm sorry!