Visit to Jaehyo

The Way You Look At Me

 

“May I help you?” The lady at the front desk asked. “Ah, yes. May I please know where the patient Ahn Jaehyo’s room is?” Yookwon politely asked.
“Room 325, go to level three and it will be on the right side, straight ahead.” She smiled.
“Ah, kamsahamnida.” Yookwon walked away. “325… 325… Ah!” Yookwon stopped before a clean, white door. He slowly opened it and instantly a wash of disinfectant and medicine smell overtook him. He closed the door, “Jaehyo…?”
“Y-Yookwon?” A voice asked slowly. “Neh, I’m here, don’t worry.” Yookwon reassured as he slowly pulled the curtain, revealing a weak and delicate figure lying on the hospital bed. Yookwon’s heart sank, he hated seeing Jaehyo like this, it pained him to see such a strong person so weak and limp. Jaehyo slowly moved his head towards Yookwon. “How is ______?”
“She’s… fine. I guess, I can tell she’s taking it hard, even though she tries to conceal it.” Yookwon replied, sitting on the chair next to Jaehyo’s bed. “How long are you going to do this for?” He slowly asked, eyeing Jaehyo’s face. He had large dark circles and looked very sick and tired. “Do what?” Jaehyo replied dumbfounded. “You know, keep _____ away.”
Jaehyo flinched. “I-I don’t know..”
Yookwon sighed. “Okay, aside from that… How are you feeling?”
“Worse than ever, that fight last night did not help my condition one bit.” Jaehyo sighed. “And in addition to that, I’m getting weaker and weaker from fighting the urge to go and smother _____ with an older brother’s love. We had the best times, you don’t know how much I miss it.”
Yookwon softened. “Yah, you’ll be fine, you’re a strong guy,”
“But that’s it. I’m not fine. That is why I have to keep _____ away from me, you know what I told you. She is a soft innocent girl, she isn’t good at hiding feelings but tries to at least. I really need you to help her stay away from me. Please.” Jaehyo begged. “She’s the most wonderful little sister anyone could have. We were the best siblings until I found out why my body wasn’t feeling well and I couldn’t cope and had to leave her without saying anything so she won’t follow me. It must have been a shock to her seeing her brother she loved so much after all these years. And I didn’t even welcome her. But it’s for the best, right? It’s best if she doesn’t know.” A tear trickled down Jaehyo’s cheek. “And also, I have to tell you I will be going to America again. One last time. And I may not come back.” Yookwon stiffened. “Mwoh?! Why?! You didn’t tell me! You have to come back.”
“Ani,” Jaehyo whispered. “One last try. One last try to cure me. If all fails I won’t come back. If it works, haha… Well then you’ll see the new and improved Ahn Jaehyo. They have come up with a new cure or something and they think it may work.” he sadly smiled. “But there’s a tiny chance of succeeding. I probably won’t come back, I have been having bad luck for a while,” he laughed sadly. Yookwon was getting wet eyed. “Yah, don’t cry, you’re making me teary,” he wiped his eyes. “When will you be leaving?”
“In a week or so, not much longer to go. I have things planned out. It will still be the same, but you’re in it more. You have to keep a good eye on _____. Take her out, laugh with her, and be even overprotective. She enjoyed that when I was there… Be just like… me. I want her to think of you as her older brother and at least forget about me at times. I want her happiness the most. Omma and appa don’t know I will be leaving for the last time, so I will make one last trip to them before I leave for America. But during this week before I leave, please don’t tell _____ anything and make sure she doesn’t get more curious as to where I was or where I am going. I want her to live happily, not like me, sad, cold and scary.” Jaehyo said, slowly wiping tears from his eyes. He was strong about his condition, but ever since you came, he became awfully weak. Seeing his little angel of a sister again, after not talking to her for so many years, broke him. Yookwon sighed, “I don’t think I can do that. I have tried a lot, but I know sooner or later, it will come out, and I will tell her. You know how much I want to tell her, you know I can’t stand seeing you like this!” Yookwon stood up and paced around the room. “I will help you. But, I have a feeling it won’t end in happiness. She will find out, and she WILL break down. And I bet she-“ “Please! Just don’t tell her! Just say I’m out, I left for a while! Just don’t, please don’t tell her about my condition.” Jaehyo begged, clasping his hands together and shaking them weakly in front of his face. Yookwon sighed. “I don’t think I can… Because… I can’t stand seeing her hurt either…” Jaehyo got suspicious as he wiped the final tear that left his eye. “Do you… Like my sister?” Yookwon suddenly stopped pacing around the room. He looked down and slowly nodded, “Not just like…”, he was expecting a hit or an angry Jaehyo, but he looked up to see a soft expression on Jaehyo’s face. “Aren’t you pissed or something?”
“Ani, I approve. You have been such a great brother to me, and I am sure you will take care of her well. I trust you.” Jaehyo said, softly smiling. Yookwon worriedly looked at Jaehyo. If only this Zico guy wasn’t here. If only. “Y-yeah, I’ll take care of her".

'But it’s up to her who she loves in the end.'

 


A/N: Hope you guys liked this chapter! It's a sad story, yeah ? :( But don't lose hope! Jaehyo is a strong guy! Thankyou everyone for subscribing and commenting! It makes me sooooo happy to see I have more subscribers and comments! Tell me what you think of the chapter, please comment! :D