Last Meeting With The Parents...

The Way You Look At Me

 

Jaehyo recovered faster than expected. In two days, he was up and running. In 5 days, his flight for America would be leaving. Before then, he had a couple of things to do: 1. Go to parent’s house and inform them of what is happening, say goodbye. 2. Give a card and present to Yookwon to give to ______. 3. Leave for America. He wasn’t so sure about number 2, because he thought it might hurt _____ even more than letting her know. But he just had to. He couldn’t explain it, he just NEEDED to. It was like giving a note and present to her was more important than going to America at that moment.

Jaehyo got out of the car, and looked at the house he left a few years ago. It was still stable and clean. He looked around, surveying the block of land surrounding the house. Immediately, memories flooded his brain.
-Flashback-

“Oppa!!!” you laughed as you ran to him. “More bubbles more bubbles!” you cheered. Jaehyo chuckled and blew more, as you jumped around, trying to catch them. You got tired after a while, and sat down on Jaehyo’s lap. “Oppa?” you asked, looking at the sky. It was the time of day when the sun disappeared, letting the moon take over. The sky was a beautiful peach colour. “Mmm?” Jaehyo asked, looking at your face. “When we are older, will you still love me?” Jaehyo smiled, “Of course! Will you still love your oppa?” You giggled. “Neh!”
“That’s my sister,” He chuckled as he patted your head. “Oppa?” you asked again, this time looking at Jaehyo. “Promise me you will always love me. Always.”
“Okay, I promise. I will love you forever and ever, even when I am not in this world anymore, I will always love you, no matter what.” Jaehyo softly smiled. You giggled and tackled him in a bear hug.
-End of flashback-

A tear trickled down Jaehyo’s cheek. “I still love you, forever and ever, ______-ah.” Jaehyo murmured, wiping the tears away. He got himself together and slowly walked to the front door and pressed the doorbell. A lady opened the door and stood there in shock. “Omma!” Jaehyo smiled. “M-My son… Yeobo! Come here now! My son, my son!” She screamed and hugged Jaehyo tightly. “Have you been okay? How is your condition?!” She kept on rambling and touching Jaehyo’s face.
“My son!” “Appa!” Jaehyo grinned. He joined the hug and kissed Jaehyo's cheek, as if he were 5 years old. “I missed you two..” Jaehyo mumbled. “We missed you more than anything! Come inside, dear!” They beckoned him, pulling him in the house.

You parents kept rambling on about how much the missed Jaehyo and if he was doing well. When it all went silent, Jaehyo brought up the main topic of why he came here. “Omma, appa… I have something to say…”
“Oh yes honey, what is it?”
“I-I’m going to America in a few days… And I may not come back…”
Your mother gasped, and dropped her tea, causing the china to break on the hard, tiled floor. “What?!” she screamed. Jaehyo flinched and continued talking, “U-Uh, well, my condition is getting worse, even though it may not seem like it physically. They have come up with a new cure they think may work, but there’s a little chance of me surviving. But, hey, if there’s a little chance, that’s good enough for me.”
“My son! My son!” Your mother started crying. Your father stepped in, “As long as you are determined to do this, and it’s your final choice, we will support you,” Jaehyo could tell his father was on the verge of tears, too, and hugged both of them. “Don’t cry… You still have _____, she’s the best child anyone could have.”
“H-Have you told her, too?! You know what she went through when you left! Imagine what she will be like now!” your mother cried even harder. “A-Ani, I haven’t told her, it’s better not to.” Jaehyo whispered. “Shh, shh,” he soothed and patted her back, holding back tears of his own.

After saying the final goodbye’s to his/your parents, Jaehyo sat in his car and slowly reversed out of the driveway, taking one last look at the two people who raised him and cherished him. As he drove away, he felt something wet travel down his cheek.



 

A/N: How was this chapter?? I hope it was good enough! ^^ 

OMG. THANKS FOR 70 SUBS! :D YOU ALL ARE AMAZING!
Hehehehe :)