Tell me why, please

The Way You Look At Me

 

You went into your room and shut the door. You closed your eyes as your back slid down the door and you sat on the floor. You stayed silent, your mind blank. All of a sudden you felt your phone buzz in your pocket. You took it out and as soon as you read the caller ID your eyes widened and you immediately stood up.
“Omo! Appa… I didn’t call them since I came! Aish!” you pressed answer and slowly put the phone to your ear. “Y-yoboseyo..”
“______! You didn’t call?! Are you alright?!”  You heard your father’s voice breaking through the speaker. “I’m fine, I’m fine!” you replied.
“Yeobo! She’s fine!” your father screamed in the phone. You pulled it away from you, rubbing you ear. “Ahh thank goodness! Give me the phone!” your heard your mother’s voice in the distance. “Omma?”
“Why didn’t you call?! You had us worried sick! Never do that again or you will be in BIG trouble, arasso!?” she screamed from the other line. “Neh, omma…”
“Good. Now tell me, are you okay? Is everything alright…?” Your heart started pounding.
‘I can’t tell her I’m still broken, she’ll have a fit… What do I say?’
“N-neh, omma, I’m fine, everything is alright, I’ll call you later, I need to go and buy some groceries, the fridge is empty…” you quickly hung up, cutting your mother’s voice from the speakers. Your arms hung down by your sides.
“I have to be strong, pretend nothing happened, act normal, just don’t talk to Jaehyo, he doesn’t love you anymore.” You told yourself, clenching your fists.

 

You decided to go for a jog to get to know the neighbourhood. Wearing your sport shorts and adidas t-shirt, you put in your earphones and went to the front door. Yookwon noticed you were leaving and stood up from the couch. Jaehyo stared at you.
“Where are you going? Yookwon asked, furrowing his eyebrows.
“For a jog, I’ll be back soon,” you replied and gazed at Jaehyo one last time before closing the door. “I hope she will be safe,” Yookwon sighed and sat back down. Jaehyo just looked at him. ‘She will be, she’s a strong girl’.

 

You got to the front of the apartment building and started jogging. You had done around 2km before you got sick of listening to SHINee’s ‘Lucifer’ again and again. You took your iPod out in front of you and were about to change the song to Block B’s ‘Freeze’ as you ran into a pole and fell on your backside. “What the hell man!” you yelled and took out your earphones as you got up, wiping your to get dirt and dust off. You looked around to make sure no one saw you, luckily no one was around. It was quite peaceful and the roads were clear of cars for a distance. You continued to jog for another 1km until you decided to head back home. As you were jogging back, your head was hurting. “Must be a headache from when I hit the pole” you thought and continued jogging.

 

You got back to the apartment and opened the door. “I’m back!” you yelled as you took your joggers off at the door. It was quiet. “They must be out,” you said to yourself. As you looked up you saw Jaehyo staring at you, wide eyed. You flinched at his hard gaze. He left the room and came back with a first aid box. “M-mwoh?” you asked, worried.
“Come and sit here,” he said. You obeyed him and sat on the couch. “What’s wrong...” you stammered. Jaehyo sighed and took a mirror out and put it in front of your face. You looked at it and saw that the right side or your forehead was covered in blood. You gasped, “It must have been from when I hit the pole… But I thought it was just sweat…” You looked around, trying to remember what happened.
“Stop moving.” Jaehyo ordered. You immediately halted and looked down. Jaehyo took out a soft damp towel he must have soaked when he brought the first aid kit. He held your face and wiped it with the towel, getting rid of the dry blood. Your heart was pounding hard in your chest. This was the first time he had touched you ever since he left. Memories started flooding back in your mind, and you tried your best to not cry. Jaehyo sensed your pain and softly gazed at you as he put antiseptic on your wound and bandaged it.
You were in a trance and forgot about what was happening in the present time. "O-oppa..." you whimpered, thinking about your memories with him. Hearing that word, Jaehyo's heart wrenched. He couldn't handle it anymore, “There, all better,” he said and left the room. You opened your eyes, stunned. "What just happened..?" you whispered to yourself, touching the bandage. Then it all came to you. "I called him oppa... He didn't do anything... Why? He used to love it when I called him oppa."

 

Jaehyo closed the door to his room and leaned against it, his hand on his chest, “______-ah, I can sense your pain, that is why I have to keep away from you, so you won’t have to suffer more… I miss being called oppa, but I just can't show my love to you, mianhe, little sister. I'm doing this for your own good.”

 

You went to your room and closed the door softly. A tear trickled down you cheek, “Oppa, thankyou for helping me, does this mean you still love your little sister? Does this mean you will talk to me? Does it mean anything to you when you see your little sister get hurt now? I want to know, no, I NEED to know.. Tell me oppa, why are you like this?”



"Tell me oppa, why are you like this?"

 


 

Hope you guy liked this chapter, I'd love some feedback!  Am I going too slow? Do I need more detail? Is it boring? Please tell me and I will try to fix it! Thanks everyone! :)
- Forever-mine