The Last Meeting

The Way You Look At Me

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aC0VqBc7-tQ- BEAST: Clenching A Tight Fist


 

“Yah! _____! I’ll be up there later, I am just going to go the supermarket. Do you want anything?” Yookwon asked. You shook your head in return and kept up the stairs.
Yookwon sighed and sat back in the car. He drove off, not bothering to put his seatbelt on. He was not in the mood to do anything. He couldn’t be happy today. No matter what, he had to hide his sorrow from you, even though you really did cheer him up. He would naturally smile in front of you, but when you were out of sight, his smile faded away. He just couldn’t bring himself to be happy on a day like this. Why was he like this? Well, you could just say that something very important to him will appear one last time in front of his eyes. In other words, it was the last time he would see Jaehyo. Yookwon clutched the steering wheel tightly as he continued driving to the rendezvous point to see Jaehyo.

 

Parking the car, Yookwon got out, eyeing the area. It was a park. Surprisingly, it was quite empty. There was no one except for an elderly couple and young family having a picnic by the pond. Yookwon locked his car and sighed as he walked around, looking for Jaehyo. Then finally, he saw a figure which looked like Jaehyo and walked up to him. The person turned around and smiled. It was Jaehyo for sure. Yookwon sighed and slowly sat down next to him.
It was quiet as none of them had started a conversation. Suddenly, Jaehyo spoke up.
“S-So, um… I guess um… How are you?” he stuttered as he looked at his sneakers.
Yookwon looked at Jaehyo, glaring at him to be exact. “What are you talking about? You ask me if I am okay? Seriously? I should be asking all the questions here! You’re leaving and you’re asking me how I am? What is wrong with you?”
“Yah. Look. I’m trying to start a conversation okay? Were you trying? I think not.” Jaehyo fought back.
“Aish- Look, our last meeting and we’re fighting.” Yookwon gave up.

Jaehyo looked up at the sky, sighing. “Yeah,”
He turned and looked at Yookwon straight in the eyes. “How is _____?”
Jaehyo didn’t know that you were beaten up, and Yookwon wanted it to stay that way. He didn’t want Jaehyo to break down again and start to panic.
“She’s fine,” he replied, looking back at Jaehyo.
“That’s good,” Jaehyo mumbled, looking down. Yookwon followed his gaze and noticed something for the first time. There was a not-too-small box on the ground next to Jaehyo’s feet. There was a pink ribbon wrapped around it. Yookwon immediately knew what it was.
“Oh yeah,” Jaehyo grabbed the box. “This is for _____, it’s my last gift to her. I want you to leave it on her bed secretly. So when you take her out,” Jaehyo gave him a look saying you-will-take-her-out, “And bring her back, she will see this on her bed, arasso? Don’t give it directly.”
Yookwon nodded and carefully took the box from Jaehyo’s hands and eyed it. He was wondering what was in it, but didn’t dare to ask because he knew it would have been something for _____ and only _____. He placed the gift next to him and turned back to Jaehyo.
“Have you bid farewell to everyone else?” Yookwon asked.
“Yeah, Kyung gave me Mr. Cucumber to take with me.” Jaehyo replied.
Yookwon’s eyes widened. “Mr. Cucumber?!” He yelped. “You mean, THE Mr. Cucumber? The one he’s had since he was a child? The big, soft, plush cucumber? He sleeps with it every night!”
“Yeah, that one,” Jaehyo sighed. He was trying his best not to cry. It was hard not to, but he just held on.
“Hmm.. Oh and I have something for you,” Yookwon remembered.
Jaehyo looked at him, “No, you don’t need to.”
“I need to, Jaehyo. You’re half of me.” Yookwon looked up.
Jaehyo was on the verge of tears. His tear ducts were about to burst with emotion. But yet, Jaehyo held them in.
Yookwon took something out of his pocket and opened Jaehyo’s hand, putting the item in it. Jaehyo’s mouth opened.
“N-No, I can’t take this!” he protested.
Yookwon shook his head. “No, take it. You need it more than me. I will feel better if you take it, please.”
Jaehyo looked down at the ring. This ring was given to Yookwon by his mother when he was 10. Yookwon’s mother died from cancer 2 months after she gave him the ring. It was her lucky charm, and in his possession, it became his own lucky charm. It was the most important thing to Yookwon; as if the world depended on it. He loved his mother very much, as she was the only one who took care of him. His father ran away when he was born, and Yookwon never even knew his name.
Hesitantly, Jaehyo took is and carefully put it on his index finger so it wouldn’t get lost. Yookwon softly smiled as he watched Jaehyo do so. A tear suddenly ran down his cheek.
“Y-Yah,” Jaehyo mumbled, looking at Yookwon. “Don’t cry,”
“I’m going to miss you so much,” Yookwon hugged Jaehyo. “So so much…”
Finally, Jaehyo started to cry too; he could not hold it in any longer. “I- I have to, okay? Just, just take care of _____ and my parents, that’s all I ask. Please.”
Yookwon just nodded, still clinging to Jaehyo.
“Do I have to keep this away from _____?” Yookwon asked, wiping his tears that were still uncontrollably falling out.
“She’ll find out soon,” Jaehyo said, looking at the box that was beside Yookwon.

“Why you? Out of all people, why you?” Yookwon sobbed softly.
“Because… I guess it’s just meant to be like this. Things happen for a reason,” Jaehyo looked up at the sky, taking in the soft blue colour and grey-to-white shadings of the clouds.
“I wish I could freeze this moment in time. In a lovely, peaceful park with my best frie- No, my brother.” Jaehyo corrected himself. Yookwon looked at him with sorrowful eyes.
“What time are you leaving tomorrow?” He asked hesitantly.
“At night, 9:00,” Jaehyo replied, sighing. “I still have some things to pack, too. I’ve taken all my stuff out of my room when _____ was at school the other day.”
Yookwon cringed. That was the day you got beaten. Jaehyo left an hour before you got the call.
“It’s getting dark,” Jaehyo stated, shifting to face Yookwon.
“Take care of _____ for me, okay?” He said, looking at Yookwon with puffy eyes.
“Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you. _____ and I are together now,” Yookwon stated shyly.
Jaehyo grinned, “I knew it! You two would look so cute!” He did cute poses.
Yookwon laughed with him.
“I will, don’t worry. I promise I won’t let anything happen to her,” Yookwon said, seriously.
“Okay, good. That’s pretty much all I ask of you…” Jaehyo went into a train of thought. He then grinned mischievously. From his wallet, he took out a picture.
Yookwon gasped in awe as he studied the picture.
“It’s _____. When she was 5. Isn’t she cute?” Jaehyo smiled, looking at the picture himself.
Yookwon nodded.
“I have had it ever since I left, whenever I was sad or depressed, which was very often, I would always look at this picture and it would cheer me up. It was her 5th birthday in that picture.” Jaehyo put it back in his pocket. “I will never ever let it go.”
Now, it was Yookwon’s turn to talk.
“I will really miss you…” He started. “I just want you to know that I will always be by your side even though I am not going to be there with you physically. I’ll be in here,” Yookwon pointed to his chest.
“Thanks, it really means a lot to me,” Jaehyo sniffled as tears flew out again.
“I really don’t want to say goodbye,” Yookwon chuckled bitterly.
“I know right. I can’t bring myself to.” Jaehyo added in.
Yookwon finally gave up when he checked the time.
“_____ will be worried, I told her I was going to the supermarket. It doesn’t take this long,” Yookwon laughed softly.
Jaehyo nodded and got up with Yookwon.
“I guess this is goodbye,” he awkwardly shifted on his feet.
“Yeah, take care Jaehyo, I’m, always with you,” Yookwon cried.
“Take care of _____, tell her she is beautiful every day, tell her you love her, spoil her, cherish her. Treat her like a goddess. She really deserves it,” Jaehyo said softly, remembering how you used to smile when you saw him.
“Will do,” Yookwon confirmed.
“I’ll miss you, take care,” Jaehyo mumbled as he hugged Yookwon tightly.
“You too, you too,” Yookwon returned the hug.
Slowly, and hesitantly, Yookwon walked away, glancing back at Jaehyo who was smiling and waving at him every so often.

“I’ll miss you so much, my brother…”

 

 


A/N: I just had to update again! I hope you liked this chapter! Did it make you cry? I was on the verge of tears when writing this chapter! It's a LOOONG one too!

Comment & Subscribe! <3