Saranghae

The Way You Look At Me

 

You woke up to see nothing but white.
“W-where am I?” you mumbled as you squinted to get a better view of where you were. You tried getting up but lightly yelped as you felt pain coming from everywhere in your body, especially your ribs. You then knew where you were, a hospital. Closing your eyes to bare the pain, you felt that your right hand was warmer than your left. Curious, you looked down your grazed arm to see a large hand covering yours. You didn’t care about the large gash down your arm, but the owner of the large hand that was laid upon yours. Yookwon was in the chair next to your bed, his head resting on the side of the bed. You looked at his face, and saw eye bags under his closed eyes. You softened.  “He mustn’t have slept for a while…”
Yookwon murmured something in his sleep which you didn’t understand and unconsciously, he interlocked his fingers in yours. You looked at your hands and your heartbeat fastened. You put your left hand on your heart. ‘Woah, that was sudden…’
“_____, I’m sorry for not coming in time. Next time, I’ll be your superman. I’ll be running to you and I’ll save you.” Yookwon mumbled, shoving his face into the mattress. You blushed and your heartbeat became even faster.


Suddenly your heart rate monitor started to beep. Nurses came rushing in and saw you were awake. “Ah! Thank god! You’re awake! Are you alright? Your heartbeat is quite fast.” One of them asked you. You shook your head, “I’m fine.”
Yookwon jumped up. “Don’t touch ______!”
Everyone stared at Yookwon like he was crazy. You giggled and blushed, you were in his dreams.
He awkwardly scratched the back of his head and noticed you were awake.
“Yah! _____! How are you? Are you alright?! I thought you were… gone..” He whispered, looking down.
Furrowing your eyebrows, you looked at him, “What do you mean you thought I was gone? How long was I out?”
“Uh— 2 days... Your injuries were really severe and stuff…” He replied, looking at your weak body.  
‘2 days? It’s not that long… is it?’ Sighing, you tried to get up. The Nurses and Yookwon immediately ushered you to stay still. Shocked, you laid back down.
“Sir, could you please leave as we run some tests.” The nurse asked.
Hesitantly, Yookwon nodded and left out the door, silently closing it. You sighed.
“You know, this boy must like you very much.” The nurse said. You blushed.
“W-What do you mean?”
“He was here the whole 2 days with you. He never left you alone. He would always ask us if you will be alright. He cares for you a lot, you should cherish him.” She smiled, taking out her clipboard and taking notes from the monitor.
You madly blushed.

As the nurse was doing the tests, you lay there on the bed, thinking. Thinking about things. Thinking about a person. Thinking about Yookwon. Ever since you came, he treated you well. Really well. Sometimes a bit too nicely. When he got aggressive, you could tell it was because he cared for you a lot, he never meant to hurt you, and never did. Slowly, you put the pieces of the puzzle together. Whenever you looked at him you would feel happy. Whenever he touched you it sent tingles down your spine. All these things linked to one thing you were taught when you were younger.

–Flashback-

“Oppa! Can I ask you something?” you asked, pouting cutely. Jaehyo laughed and ruffled your head, “Sure thing, go for it.”
“How do you know you’re in love?” you asked, looking at him.
Jaehyo shot up, “Mwoh?! You think you’re in love?! You’re too young to be in love! Wae?! Who is he?! Imma-“
“Oppa! I’m not in love! Calm down, geez.” You pouted, “I was just wondering, you know. So I don’t make a mistake when I’m older.”
Jaehyo softened.
“Are you in love, oppa?” you asked.
“Yes.” Jaehyo bluntly replied.
Your eyes widened. “Who, oppa? Who?? Tell me tell me tell me! I want to see her!”
“I’m looking at her right now.” Jaehyo cheekily grinned at you.
“Aish oppa. You joker!” You grunted, sticking your tongue out.
He chuckled, ruffling your hair, “I do love you though, _____. Always.”
You looked up and squeezed him. “I love you too oppa!”
“Now answer my question!” you giggled.
“Aish! Okay fine fine.” Jaehyo gave in.
“Love…. Sarang… Hmm. Love is… A feeling you get when you see someone, not like family, but someone who catches your eye. Whenever you are near them, you can feel your heart beating faster. You blush a lot, wondering what they think of you. You smile whenever you see them. You care for them, never wanting them to get hurt. These are just some things, but I think you should know the rest for yourself.” Jaehyo smiled.
You took in all he said. “Okay, thanks oppa!”
“But-“ Jaehyo interfered.
You looked up, puzzled. “But…?”
“If you think you are in love, you have to tell me who it is, arasso? I need to know the little bugga that steals my _____’s heart!”
You giggled and squeezed Jaehyo as he securely wrapped his arms around you.

-End of Flashback-

You gasped as it finally hit you. You finally knew. After all this time, how could you be so oblivious to the feelings that were right in front of you!? How could you go with another guy if the one you needed was in front of you the whole time?? To add onto that, a man that never loved you! A man that betrayed your trust, and led you to this state. How could you be so stupid! Pabo pabo pabo!
A tear ran down your cheek. “Mianhe, Yookwon… I put you through all this pain, and in the end it just backfired and hit me. I didn’t know… Please forgive me, please. I…. I lov-“

Suddenly the door swung open. You immediately turned your head and fixed your eyes on Yookwon. He was standing at the doorway. Staring at you with soft eyes. He walked over. Tears were still falling out of your eyes. He wiped them away.
“D-Did you.. hear what I just said..?” you asked softly, looking down.
“Yes, I did. And don’t be sorry. You didn’t do anything wrong. Okay? Don’t be sorry… It’s alright, I’m here, and I won’t let anything happen to you, okay?” Yookwon wrapped his arms around you as you softly sobbed. He looked down at you lovingly. You looked up at him.
“Mianhe.” You broke down into tears again. “I didn’t mean to. I’m so sorry! I-I-I-“
“Shhh. I told you, don’t be sorry.” Yookwon whispered as he rocked you slowly.

As you slowly started to calm down, Yookwon let go of you. But he didn’t move back, he cupped his hand on your cheek and slowly leaned in. Your heart was beating a million times per second. Then you felt a soft pair of lips on yours. Slowly, you wrapped your arms around his neck and kissed back. Fireworks were exploding in your chest as your lips were touching. You could feel Yookwon smiling through the kiss as he slowly let go. Your faces were centimetres apart. He rested his forehead on yours and looked in your eyes.
“______, saranghae.”

 

 


A/N:

How was this chapter, guys??? I made it nice and long for you all! Please tell me in the comments section! Thanks! :D 

OH AND ALSO PLEASE TELL ME IF THIS STORY IS CONFUSING! I have a feeling that some people might think I am making it a bit too complicated... please don't be shy to tell me it's going to fast or I'm making it too confusing! I won't bite! Please! Thank you!